PDA

View Full Version : Common Error

NTLVictim
02-04-2007, 16:17
Just cut this from another thread as one example.."Also the Virgin engineer installed the modem on 10 March, but did not check that my computer worked with the system. On several occasions we have tried to use the broadband set-up routine as specified in their user guide. The Serial No numbers supplied by Virgin are only 8 digits long, their website says that we need 11 digits. The Virgin supplied PIN code is also wrong!"

I have seen variations on this theme all over the board, it happened to me, I have read about no customer number, no welcome letter, etc etc, followed by people having to make a number of calls to CS until they finally get it sorted!

Can the VM bods tell us, is there a basic flaw in the system?

It seems to happen most to existing customers who upgrade from just a STB to a separate STB and SACM, is there a clue there?

Can it be resolved?

quadplay
02-04-2007, 17:16
The letters for ex-ntl area customers were being sent out with the wrong serial number (it was an 8 digit number instead of a string of letters and digits). This has now been corrected.

For reference, anyone trying to register manually (as required for Vista/Mac users), the serial number is ntl-ct8-cb485

NTLVictim
02-04-2007, 21:23
There...easy peasy, and a load just got took off CS!

Errm what about those of us who never got a letter? The PIN is unique, I take it?

maverick
02-04-2007, 21:35
The serial number for ex NTL sacm registration is ntl-ct8-cj486

quadplay
02-04-2007, 21:51
The serial number for ex NTL sacm registration is ntl-ct8-cj486

Either will work. :)

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

The PIN is unique, I take it?

Indeed it is, and it needs to be entered along with your Surname to authenticate it.

NTLVictim
03-04-2007, 18:58
Assuming you ever got it..I notice there are variations on a theme still being posted.

swapshop1
04-04-2007, 14:49
why is there 2 serial numbers or more?