PDA

View Full Version : Business cable modem - upgrade didn't happen

APS
02-04-2007, 14:51
Have been promised on 2 occasions that our business cable modem would be upgraded possibly to 10 Mb/s (from a lowly1.5 Mb/s) on April 1st, after having held off changing to another supplier for 18 months and having had endless broken promises.

Did it happen - of course not! The Customer services rep. did not really want to speak to me about it although did know it was not an April fool joke. In the end he asked one of his colleagues who said it was a gradual roll out of upgrades that could take a couple of weeks to reach me.

Anyone know if this is the truth or another tale.

APS

Stephen
02-04-2007, 15:27
Hi I work for NTL:Telewest Business. New customers will be getting the speed upgrades straight away and the existing customers will be upgrade within the next few months, as they need to carry out a few checks and make sure the network is up to the faster speeds and can cope with extra capacity.

What part of the country are you in?

The 750K is changing to 4MB and the 1.5MB is changing to 10MB.

Just to add. All customers will recieve a letter when the speed upgrades are due to take place informing them of the changes.

APS
02-04-2007, 15:41
Hi I work for NTL:Telewest Business. New customers will be getting the speed upgrades straight away and the existing customers will be upgrade within the next few months, as they need to carry out a few checks and make sure the network is up to the faster speeds and can cope with extra capacity.

What part of the country are you in?

The 750K is changing to 4MB and the 1.5MB is changing to 10MB.

Just to add. All customers will recieve a letter when the speed upgrades are due to take place informing them of the changes.

Thanks for the quick reply. We are in Shepshed on this UBR ...lei3.cable.ntl.com.

APS