PDA

View Full Version : Connection dropping

Scotianet
01-04-2007, 12:56
Hi, wonder if anyone has any idea on this one. My internet connection has been constantly dropping since at least Friday. I have checked my cable modem and it is consistently trying to lock on to a downstream channel. Sometimes it goes and sometimes it stops. I called technical support and they told me to try powering off and they tried connecting to the modem but were unsuccessful so they said they would send a tech out on Tuesday as it is the modem that is faulty. I hace a V+ box and also noticed that when the internet has dropped then the online light flashes on the V+ and the picture is pixelating. Any Ideas what can be causing this and if it is a fault with modem or the feed to the house.... everyone else in my area appears to be o.k. and nothing has changed or moved. I have event logs of the modem that I can post if it helps understand this.

MovedGoalPosts
01-04-2007, 13:42
Probably going to be some form of signal level error. Might be something needing adjustment in the street cabinet rather than any faulty modem. The tech should be able to sort it provided they actually check the levels as part of any diagnosis.