PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service telling fibs

Paul H
30-03-2007, 12:55
About the 2 and 4Mb being raised as well as the 10Mb.

Alex Brown has said they're wrong and will be educated.

cimt
30-03-2007, 13:02
Are the 2 and 4 being raised? I've been wanting to know since the 10 is..

Paul H
30-03-2007, 13:05
Are the 2 and 4 being raised? I've been wanting to know since the 10 is..

No.

Paul K
30-03-2007, 13:17
Why start another thread when you could have just raised the old thread and continued this there? You really have issues against VM don't you lol

Paul H
30-03-2007, 13:28
Why start another thread when you could have just raised the old thread and continued this there?

How old's the old thread? I could have searched for the old thread but what do I search for? lies? 4Mb? Upgrades? 2Mb? Porkies?

chamoan
30-03-2007, 13:42
My friend has phoned VM today (pay his bill) he said he was told 4mb is being raised to 10mb, so maybe some truth in it.

Jules
30-03-2007, 13:44
Hmm looks like I am going to have to get a SACM then

Paul K
30-03-2007, 13:47
How old's the old thread? I could have searched for the old thread but what do I search for? lies? 4Mb? Upgrades? 2Mb? Porkies?

It would be the thread you posted in either yesterday or the day previous ;)
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33611230-4mb-going-10mb-price-10mb-go.html

Paul H
30-03-2007, 13:55
My friend has phoned VM today (pay his bill) he said he was told 4mb is being raised to 10mb, so maybe some truth in it.

If this is the case Alex why did customer services just confirm to me that
the 4mb will go up to 10mb as soon as the 20mb has been completed?

Sounds like someone has got the wrong end of the stick. If you can pass on the details of who you spoke to I'll ensure that they're educated accordingly.

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

It would be the thread you posted in either yesterday or the day previous ;)
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33611230-4mb-going-10mb-price-10mb-go.html

Did you know that I'm a busy guy. and did you know that theoretically all the threads could be merged into one single thread due to them all being very similar content? :)

chamoan
30-03-2007, 13:59
My friend also said he was told after the 4mb to 10mb upgrade for free, if he wanted 20mb it would be £2 a month more, that would be £27 a month for 20mb, im sure he must of got confused cos isnt it sposed to be £37 a month? be nice if its correct though.

AndyCambs
30-03-2007, 14:54
I think if Virgin Media gave all their products away for nothing - some people would still complain...

Paul H
30-03-2007, 15:19
I think if Virgin Media gave all their products away for nothing - some people would still complain...

Too right they would. they'd probably come up with the excuse that as it don't cost you nothing they are not supporting it.

chamoan
30-03-2007, 15:22
Yeah like....its not free cos i have to use my electric and my tv to view it lol.

AndyCambs
30-03-2007, 15:40
Yeah like....its not free cos i have to use my electric and my tv to view it lol.

Get a wind turbine - or a bicycle and peddle hard then.

prawncocktail
30-03-2007, 15:48
Get a wind turbine - or a bicycle and peddle hard then.

wind turbine cost too much, bike involves too much work... its like the guy in the paper this morning sueing the council because they wont move him to a different place with larger doors, says its their fault hes so fat because he cant get out of his chair (yes that right literally wedged in)...go figure...

back on topic, yes fibs should not be told, the problem is people are too eager to help when they dont have the skills and too eager to guess things that are going to happen based on other stuff that IS happening

Jules
30-03-2007, 17:12
I often find that they are less likely to make promises that can't be kept if you ask them their name so you have a point of contact and so that you can quote them if it all goes wrong ;)

Horace
30-03-2007, 17:51
About the 2 and 4Mb being raised as well as the 10Mb.

Alex Brown has said they're wrong and will be educated.

Could you quote what he actually said or state where he said it? I can't find that post in any of the virginmedia.* groups. Or was this in the old Telewest groups?

Anyway, a friend of mine told me yesterday he'd been promised 4 meg would be raised to 8 meg come September while he was negotiating a package.
I did tell him to take that with a pitch of salt and he nodded accordingly.

Paul H
06-04-2007, 09:22
I quoted what he said in post #9
The threads are in virginmedia.feedback. Alex said he would stop customer services telling people that the speeds will be upgraded when they won't be, but they're still telling customers the lies now.

Alex Brown now says
"Sadly you can never stop people speculating about what they think may happen"
He's talking about their own customer services, you tell them to stop telling the lies! is that too hard to do?
Pathetic.

Customer says
"Re-emphasising? Should you not be disciplining your staff for effectively
mis-selling the Virgin product. If a customer on 2MB or 4MB calls up to
cancel, only to be told that "no, sir, you don't want to do that because
you'll be going up to 10MB soon", then effectively, the customer has just
been mis-sold. I know we're not talking about a financial service but in
the same vain, the Financial Service Authority quote the following
Principles for Business in the context of mis-selling:

Maybe Ofcom have their own set of principles and definition for
mis-selling - it would interesting to find out......"

Albie
06-04-2007, 16:39
There would be too much of a gap between a top tier of 20mb and a middle tier of 4mb.

I'd say 4mb will be upgraded to 8mb or 10mb before the end of summer. :angel:

markosoft82
06-04-2007, 18:01
"Originally Posted by Alex Brown - Senior Product Manager
Sounds like someone has got the wrong end of the stick. If you can pass on the details of who you spoke to I'll ensure that they're educated accordingly."

Educuted accordingly... I do like the sound of that :p: do you think he means down in the basement in a dark room, a torch and various 'techniques' at hand to make them less likely to rewrite VM's policys at will? :D

Web-Junkie
08-04-2007, 20:34
VM should make an official announcement on what EXACTLY is their roadplan for their Internet services, this would quosh any rumours about what's going to be upgraded to what etc!

I guess that's just too simple though isn't it?

Paul H
08-04-2007, 22:31
VM should make an official announcement on what EXACTLY is their roadplan for their Internet services, this would quosh any rumours about what's going to be upgraded to what etc!

I guess that's just too simple though isn't it?

I don't think they know themselves what they're doing.
One minute Alex brown says he'll tell the staff to stop telling customers that the 2 and 4MB will be upgraded because it's not true. the next minute he comes back and says you can't stop the staff speculating that it's going to happen. proof that nobody knows what they're doing ;)

Paul K
09-04-2007, 10:11
Proof that people will often speculate on what they don't know is quite abundant in online forums. The key is knowing who to listen to and who to ignore as a BS spouting idiot ;) Follow the wrong path and you will be disapointed, follow the right path and you will never expect anything to happen until it is officially announced and set in concrete.

Bill C
09-04-2007, 10:18
who to ignore as a BS spouting idiot ;)

And we have had a few of those lately ;)