PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice.

awibble
30-03-2007, 10:43
When i ordered the VIP package, i had only just moved in (actually moved in the day before installation). Now the second STB was registered on the line, but at the time i had no where for the engerneer to install it, i asked if i could get someone out to do it later, and he said yes.

So i am now in a position where i am ready to have it installed, but i would like to save some cash and do it myself if i can.

At the moment i have the white box at the front of the house, the white wire is connected to that, it runs through to a 2 way splitter where the V+ and Modem is.

Now what i would like to do is move the modem and the second STB upstairs.

Can i do that without running 2 cables?

Will i just need another 2 way split for upstairs, a long run of cable and a short run of cable?

How much would VM charge to come and do it?

My other question is when i moved in, i cut the cable from the Sky Dish, because i wanted VM to use the existing hole (turned out they cannot go round the back when your a mid terrence). I am now thinking about getting FreeSat as well (its only about £15 for a cheap sky box on ebay) Where can i get the right cable and connectors for the Satalite dish?

joglynne
30-03-2007, 13:09
Give customer service a ring. Had you had the second STB installed at the same time as the V+ it would have been installed free. No point in doing it yourself if Virgin will still do it for you for free and provide all the cabling/splitters you will need.

Sorry can't help with the Sat cabling, I get all that type of thing from a local dealer at our local computer fair.

Jo