PDA

View Full Version : New Virgins V+ installation

Mikeymate
28-03-2007, 22:47
First of all what a top forum !!
allready sorted a few problems just searching through stuff..
Like programming the remote to do the vol (help line said wernt possible) but done it thanks to this forum ;)

ok first of all my new V+ box not working properly anyway :shocked:
it wont do any on-demand features, read up on here, and an engineer coming out next week again.

my main queston is how the hell do you feed the other t.vs in the house ??
i had (and still got a the mo) Sky. and that was fed by the RF out 2 to a splitter/amp in the loft, then to 3 t.vs upstairs.... (had eye link too)

So after reading here, the V+ doesn't have a passthrough for its RF out, so
all that would be displayed would be what ever the V+ STB was on ?????

Any suggestions which way around to try and do this ???
Dont really wanna pay montly costs again for another STB + all my cabling is allready there..

At the moment im toying with the idea of putting the SKY box upsstairs and running from that, (with the FREEVIEW channels)

Thanks for any help

Mike

Kryton
03-04-2007, 20:35
For volume option 9 then 8 in menu for instructions and codes. If you are running the v+ set to HD then the rf is disabled and you won't be able to get pictureson your other tv's.

ntluser
07-04-2007, 08:32
I can't understand why it is that when developing new equipment they are unable to design and manufacture equipment that gives more connectivity choice not less.

First we had RF, then SCART, then component ports and now HDMI.Yet ypu would be hard pressed to find an STB which allows all 4 at the same time or allows permits backward compatablility in such a way that people with old systems e.g. poor pensioners can still receive modern day programmes and services.

Sadly it is all about the spending of money which some people do not have. We may have a better service technically but one that permits less access to viewers as they cannot afford the service.

martin42h
07-04-2007, 10:22
The Scientific Atlanta manual (attached) suggests that RF passthrough does work presumably provided you aren't using HDMI. Haven't tried myself as I use my original Pace 4010 to feed other TV's.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Oops, sorry, manual here:-

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/104/33611728-new-v-no-rf-aerial-through.html