PDA

View Full Version : Installer ripped out my phone line

pop80_uk
28-03-2007, 10:56
Hey Guys and Gals.
Basically moved house recently and went for the 2 for £20 package and asked for the installer to come on one of three days, they arranged the delivery on a totally seperate date! Ok I thought, thats only a small problem.

Installation date comes and he is 4 hours late! ....the reason.....his collegues at the depot took his drill bits out of the van and hid them before he left, so he arrived with no drill bits and had to go back to the depot and get some more. very professional he said it had happens often and was a joke they play on each other!:(

Next hes looking round the house and told me where I was having the cable and telephone.....I promtly corrected him. Next he said well you already have a telephone line wired into the old NTL box and I only have you down for the installation of one phone box, so I said its already wired in. He grumbled a little then carried on.

Upon completion I checked his work and found he had cut the wires to the second phoneline box, when questioned he said it was illegal to have both installed if only one had been paid for. Pillock.:mad:

Not a great experience really. But at least I can wire the second box back in myself so not all is lost! :D

ntl engineer
28-03-2007, 11:46
no it isnt m8 if it was a extesion then you are allowed to av but if it was a master socket then he wud after cut it as ur not allowed this

Jules
28-03-2007, 11:59
I would have been miffed as well :(

I have to ask, Ntl engineer why do you work so far from home?

pop80_uk
28-03-2007, 13:40
no it isnt m8 if it was a extesion then you are allowed to av but if it was a master socket then he wud after cut it as ur not allowed this

I was under the impression master sockets did not exist anymore, and it simply depended on how many phones you had on the line (REN rating)
Must be wrong though.
He could have left it in and just quick re-wired it, it would have taken no time at all. :monkey:

Jules
28-03-2007, 14:26
Sounds like you got a jobsworth :(

Crooky
28-03-2007, 15:29
I was under the impression master sockets did not exist anymore, and it simply depended on how many phones you had on the line (REN rating)
Must be wrong though.
He could have left it in and just quick re-wired it, it would have taken no time at all. :monkey:

If you don't have a master socket you won't get a ringing tone generated.

The master also denotes the point at which the cabling changes from PSTO to Customer.

As a customer you are not allowed to enter the master beyond the front plate.