PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania on Sunday 1st April 2007?

cambridgemark
26-03-2007, 14:30
Does anyone know if the WWE Wrestlemania 2007 will be shown on ppv over virgin media? I've only used on-demand for a few tv shows so wasn't sure if they still showed sporting events like wrestling?

Thanks,
mark.

sstainer
26-03-2007, 14:33
yes it will be available from sunday morning on VOD [depending on what software you have if old style ntl then vod then red for ppv , if new VM style then vod then events

cambridgemark
26-03-2007, 14:41
Nice one thanks!

ShadowTD
26-03-2007, 16:46
Will be watching this on the PJ! Think the 'Hair Match' is a bit weak though...

NoKnowledge
26-03-2007, 16:52
One thing will happen in Wrestlemania - Undertaker keeps his record. 14-0 becomes 15-0

cambridgemark
26-03-2007, 16:53
Yeah it is a bit ****. Stone Cold as referee will be good though.

sstainer
26-03-2007, 21:58
stone cold as ref will make this years wrestlemania

cambridgemark
27-03-2007, 09:05
How much do the PPVs cost btw?

Cougarxiii
27-03-2007, 10:42
PPVs cost £14.95, and I can't wait to see Mcmahon lose his hair

sstainer
27-03-2007, 11:28
How much do the PPVs cost btw?

yeah £15 a go alot if you add up the ones available per year X 8 ushally on ppv

and if vince does lose his hair be lucky way he cheats ?

akki007
27-03-2007, 12:04
One thing will happen in Wrestlemania - Undertaker keeps his record. 14-0 becomes 15-0

You do know it's all fake don't you?

lani9loo
27-03-2007, 12:27

Of course it's fake, but who cares, in my opinion it's great entertainment, love watching it with my kids... WWE must be doing something right, it's being on the tele for a long time now....

NoKnowledge
27-03-2007, 12:29

I know what you mean but I wouldn't call it fake, is Eastenders fake?, what about Coronation St?. Now you're thinking people aren't hurt by blood comming out, what about the Saw?, how about Final Destination - where all those people are killed?

Thats why they call it Sports-Entertainment :)

ShadowTD
27-03-2007, 16:39
'American Wrestling' is pretty much a modern-day morality play - the good guys don't always win and surprising things always happen. I'd like to think Shakespeare would appreciate it. Things have improved since they toned down the amount of steroids/muscle enhancers in the WWE - you only have to look at the change in Batista to see that!

gadge
27-03-2007, 16:42
'American Wrestling' is pretty much a modern-day morality play - the good guys don't always win and surprising things always happen. I'd like to think Shakespeare would appreciate it. Things have improved since they toned down the amount of steroids/muscle enhancers in the WWE - you only have to look at the change in Batista to see that!
yea i agree remember a while ago chris masters was out for a bit due to steroids he came back and looked realy small now he seems to have beefed up again.;)

akki007
27-03-2007, 23:56

Yes, the man responsible for inventing most words in the English language, the man who had a vocabulary of some 29,000 words...I'm sure lowest common denominator entertainment such as WWE would have thrilled him to his very core. :dozey:

ShadowTD
28-03-2007, 10:38
Don't go over-glamourising Shakespeare - he boiled down average pot-boiler plots into something the masses could understand and get behind. The reason his works have survived is they were *so* accessible to the masses and were therefore preserved. Nowadays we have a very distorted perception of the theatre as entertainment for the better-off, whereas Bill made his mark appealing to the average man in the street. And he certainly didn't invent most of the English language - we nicked most of that from the Norse and Germanic countries.

Anyway, Cena for the win!

akki007
28-03-2007, 11:00
Don't go over-glamourising Shakespeare - he boiled down average pot-boiler plots into something the masses could understand and get behind. The reason his works have survived is they were *so* accessible to the masses and were therefore preserved. Nowadays we have a very distorted perception of the theatre as entertainment for the better-off, whereas Bill made his mark appealing to the average man in the street. And he certainly didn't invent most of the English language - we nicked most of that from the Norse and Germanic countries.

Anyway, Cena for the win!

That may be true, but as an individual I doubt he would have enjoyed Wrestlemania. Why am I arguing this point? Ah well.

So, wrestlemania...who is the best wrestlemaniac nowadays? Bushwhackers?

Russ
28-03-2007, 11:20
Moved to Entertainment.

You'll find out exactly how 'fake' wrestling once you try it. Until then, just appreciate what the guys do.

SatelliteTVTalk
28-03-2007, 11:29
Bushwhackers

Ah - they were excellent though i preferred Nobbs and Saggs of the Nazty Boys (or was it with a 'z' - I imagine so)....

I expect Papa Shango to taste victory ;-)

NoKnowledge
28-03-2007, 11:46
Moved to Entertainment.

You'll find out exactly how 'fake' wrestling once you try it. Until then, just appreciate what the guys do.

I've never tried it but they say it's tougher than UFC, I'm sure you've all heard of UFC?

SatelliteTVTalk
28-03-2007, 12:09
And for anyone that hasn't

Here's the wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Fighting_Championship)

Russ
28-03-2007, 13:42
I've never tried it but they say it's tougher than UFC, I'm sure you've all heard of UFC?

I don't know about tougher, I'd suggest it's just as tough but in a different way. The risks are high but again, in a different form.

NoKnowledge
28-03-2007, 13:57
I don't know about tougher, I'd suggest it's just as tough but in a different way. The risks are high but again, in a different form.

I had seen a little DVD about the training the WWE wrestlers do and it's quite intense. And UFC sometimes broadcast the training their fighters do and it's not that intense. Some former WWE (WWF) wrestlers are on UFC also, some say because they couldn't hack the training regime in the WWE.

Russ
28-03-2007, 15:38
Some people say you have to have a few screws loose to put yourself through the training a wrestler endures.

I'd agree with that.

Niles Crane
28-03-2007, 15:56

Nice one Sherlock. While asking a daft and irrelevant question to try and patronise and show the ignorance of someone else, you've revealed yourself to be more ignorant than anyone.

NoKnowledge
28-03-2007, 16:05
Nice one Sherlock.

Is that his real name :shocked: :D