PDA

View Full Version : VM BroadbandPlus

wdywuk
25-03-2007, 22:05
Just been upgraded to Broadband L (4MB) and the CS guy said I got free access to Broadband Plus (ex-NTL only).

Trying to login on the VM homepage and keeps on saying it can't.
Been like this for about a week - is this a known issue?

The status page says this was a fault a month ago, but was no resolved.

Anyone actually know what BBplus offers - VM seem to be a bit shy in actually saying what is provided (just that its worth £30/month) !!
Some googling suggest 20 free digital prints a month, and free napster access (but not sure what level of access)

Nikesh
25-03-2007, 22:42
This is what you get according to Virgin Media:

Music Extras:
* Download & listen to millions of music tracks
* Watch the latest music videos
* Exclusive Internet radio stations without ads
* Backstage interviews with the stars

* Napster - Get a 40% discount off the Napster digital music service
* Sonic selector - Get 3 free music downloads a month from a choice of over a million tracks
* Vidzone - Watch the latest videos on-demand
* Video TV - Watch classic music videos when you want
* Music Choice - Choose from 16 uninterrupted radio stations

Games Extras:
* Online browser games to play instantly
* Download 100s of new and classic games
* Choose from sport games, shoot'em ups, driving action, puzzles and
* Fantastic games tips and cheats

* Lego - PC games to immerse yourself in the world of LEGO
* Freeloader.com - 100s of new and classic games

Photos Extras:
* 15 free prints to your door every month
* 1GB of online photo storage
* 10% discount on orders over
* Share pictures online with your friends
* Create personalised gifts

* PhotoBox - Award-winning online digital photo service

Kids Extras:
* Watch, play and learn with the Tweenies
* A world of authoritative factual information
* 1000s of articles, video clips and more
* Award-winning curriculum learning resources
* Watch classic video clips

* Tweenies - Exclusive Tweenies videos on demand
* Encyclopaedia Britannica - The world's most famous learning resource
* Espresso Education - The UK's number 1 in-schools education service

I've just tried and I can login fine. Not sure why you can't sign in... are you signing in with the account email address?

http://www.virginmedia.com/broadbandextras/

Murnaghan
25-03-2007, 23:05
Broadband plus - now Broadband Extras is great when you get it working.

I spent hours (no exageration) on the phone to CS and Tech support when I couldn't sign in recently. Most support people don't seem to know much about it.

I went through a complete re-registration for broadband (not recommended) and still it didn't work because apparently I had an old 'dial-up' record on my account from years ago.

Only when I found a support team coach (I had to complain to the call centre manager first) who had the knowledge did he manage to sort it out getting the tech support to troubleshoot my account records.

It is worth it but don't take no for an answer and get CS to check your records for old accounts!

Hope this might help. Wish you luck - BB extras is good if you have kids who like games....

MarkD
26-03-2007, 14:39
I too had problems accessing BBPlus. After much bouncing around a guy in 2nd tier tech support said that whilst I was getting 4 MB service the main account still did not indicate that I was a 4 MB user, strange as I was getting charged for 4MB. He then said this could only be fixed by customer services. I was lucky (or may be the tech guy left a note on the customer record) and this time round when I contacted CS they saw what the problem was and fixed it.

There is some useful stuff though for us much of the children's stuff is also available to us through our public library (from home!) so you may find that yours offer some useful stuff too.