PDA

View Full Version : Please help - a week without phone

d4n13773
25-03-2007, 18:43
Please, if anyone can give me any help - I am at the end of my tether and feel i have no option left but to go back to BT.

I have signed up to Virgin's 3 for 30 (landline, tv, broadband) which was installed last saturday morning. When I called up to sign up, I explained that it was very important that I kept the same phone number and was not without the phone, In order to keep the same number and get a seamless serivce I had to wait an additional 7 days for installation.

Saturday 17 March- The engineers came out, dug up my garden etc and left telling me all was working fine. My phone (virgin) had a dial tone and I was able to call out. But then discovered I was not receiving incoming calls. I plugged in a phone to my BT box and discovered my incoming calls were still coming in through BT. I called Virgin (free from my virgin phone) and advised them of this, they said "do not worry, the switch over will happen on Monday"

Tuesday 20 March- by this point my BT line has stopped working and the Virgin line has gone dead, so now I cannot recieve incoming calls nor can I contact Virgin to report this. Called virgin from my mobile (0845 number costs me over £1!) to be told, "do not worry,we will raise this to level 2 and it will be sorted within 24 hours"

Thursday 22 March still no phone line- called virgin again from my mobile and was told " oh, no, a level 2 problem can take up to 3 days, but do not worry, it will be working by 23rd March, 3 days from whe I reported it"

I enquired about compensation as every time i call virgin it costs over £1 from my mobile, I'm having to make all my other calls from my mobile, plus I do some ad-hoc work which I am missing out on as the company cannot contact me. I was told they would not discuss compensation until my phone line was working " but do not worry it will definitly be working by 23rd March"

Today 24th March, still no phone line. Called Virgin again (another £1 on my mobile!) to be told, complaint is at level 2 which can take up to 5 days to sort.

PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME. It is costing me a fortune calling Virgin from my mobile, plus all the other calls I need to make, plus I am losing out on earnings as the company I work from can't contact me.

Virgin do not seem to care and just keep fobbing me off. Any suggestions?

(due to the nature of the ad-hoc work, I cannot be contacted by mobile, as I may be on an assignment when they call to offer me another, so rely on my landline and answerphone)

Deperate Dani!

Paul
25-03-2007, 18:47
Please PM an online team member (list (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/cf-team.html)) with your account number, name, address and contact number (and a link to this thread) - we can then pass this over to VM for action.

Rapid Dr3am
27-03-2007, 13:23
You extw or exntl? I assume when you say level2 they have staged to secondline.

If so you're gona have issues as they don't deal with ports. This needs to go to the port group withing the ntc.

If the line is still active with BT it maybe an issue with BT not releasing the number and it still being active on their exchange.

Chris
27-03-2007, 14:14
You extw or exntl? I assume when you say level2 they have staged to secondline.

If so you're gona have issues as they don't deal with ports. This needs to go to the port group withing the ntc.

If the line is still active with BT it maybe an issue with BT not releasing the number and it still being active on their exchange.

Help from staff is always very welcome, but you're going to have to re-post that in English. Most customers don't understand the jargon. ;)

d4n13773
27-03-2007, 18:09
Thanks everyone - my phone is now working.

No explanation or aplology from Virgin. I am still appalled at the way I was fobbed off each time I called. Virgin ought to review their customer service delivery and consider under-promising to over-achieve. Had I been told, when I first called "it could take up to 10 days to sort out" I wouldn't have been too happy, but I wouldn't then have wasted time and money ringing them and could have made arrangement to give out an alternative number to people, plus when my service returned after 8 days I would have been pleased. Instead I recieved a series of broken promises from them and now have no faith in them or the service!

However I have stopped my direct debits to them, and will not reinstate until I recieve satisfactory compensation (so far they've only had a £25 installation fee from me)

nb. I am assuming I am ex ntl, however having only just signed up I have only ever been a virgin (!)

Thanks again

Dani

Jules
27-03-2007, 18:22
Depending on your age only ever being a virgin could be a good or bad thing ;)

I would ring CS again and ask them to refund the money you spent on calls from your mobile to them

Oh and welcome to the forum :wavey:

SMG
28-03-2007, 01:17
Thanks everyone - my phone is now working.

No explanation or aplology from Virgin. I am still appalled at the way I was fobbed off each time I called. Virgin ought to review their customer service delivery and consider under-promising to over-achieve. Had I been told, when I first called "it could take up to 10 days to sort out" I wouldn't have been too happy, but I wouldn't then have wasted time and money ringing them and could have made arrangement to give out an alternative number to people, plus when my service returned after 8 days I would have been pleased. Instead I recieved a series of broken promises from them and now have no faith in them or the service!

However I have stopped my direct debits to them, and will not reinstate until I recieve satisfactory compensation (so far they've only had a £25 installation fee from me)

nb. I am assuming I am ex ntl, however having only just signed up I have only ever been a virgin (!)

Thanks again

Dani

Be very careful m8, if you cancel your DD they can bill you & ask for the extra, my experience with NTL /Virgin is that no one knows what the hell is going on, the only thing that is consistent is the bill keep coming. I sacked BT, & now use cable broadband with VOIP.

Rapid Dr3am
03-04-2007, 12:43
Honestly don't cancel your DD, that's asking for trouble. The system will still try and take the money and then hit you with refer to paye charges, and then late payment charges and finally when you pay it via card/cheque/pp your gona get the non-dd payment charge. If you'd just asked to be refunded for the loss of service, this would have easily have been done but canceling your DD will sting you for about £50 minimum. It's in your contract aswell, so if they hold you to it you're stuck.