PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Launch Freebies

Gareth
23-03-2007, 02:13
Just read this article...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6474045.stm

At the London launch everyone who bought a PS3 also received a free 46-inch HD television and a taxi home.

In total, the giveaway amounted to £250,000 worth of televisons to more than 100 gamers.

At the head of the queue, 17-year-old Ritatsu Thomas said the giveaway and PS3 had been worth the 36-hour wait. That'll generate a bit of good PR for Sony, and let's face it, they certainly need it.

Would've been nice to have had a tip-off about this in advance ;)

Druchii
23-03-2007, 08:17
Niiiice, i would have sold the PS3 mind...

Graham M
23-03-2007, 08:18
Niiiice, i would have sold the PS3 mind...

Haha, great minds and all that :D

awibble
23-03-2007, 08:34
Ouch, oh well live and learn, will be in london for the PS4 :D

LostintheNW
23-03-2007, 09:03
lol is this the only way they can get people to buy the machine

Damien
23-03-2007, 09:19
Wow, I would have been there for that.

Amazon and Game have not sold out of PS3s this morning. So anyone who wants one, go get one.

awibble
23-03-2007, 09:37
lol is this the only way they can get people to buy the machine

No... They didnt tell anyone they where going to do it... it was just a nice bonus...

Graham M
23-03-2007, 09:53
Anyone get the feeling Awibble gets back-handers from Sony? ;)

LostintheNW
23-03-2007, 09:59
No... They didnt tell anyone they where going to do it... it was just a nice bonus...

No but the first (probaly only person) in the queue could have told others and then eveyrone else would go out and see if they can get one ;)

awibble
23-03-2007, 10:11
No but the first (probaly only person) in the queue could have told others and then eveyrone else would go out and see if they can get one ;)

Lol... Why didnt he call me then?

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Anyone get the feeling Awibble gets back-handers from Sony? ;)

Nope, although i should do...

I have only ever had something that i got from sony break once, i called them, they collected it the next day, and a week later it was delivered back fully repaired, and as it was a laptop, the added an extra 512Mb RAM for free.

I have 2 Vaios (one for work(laptop) and one for the house. Sony Digital Camera, Sony Mobile, Sony TV, DVD Player, VCR, and a Sony Skybox... Porbably missed something, but it all does what it says, does it well, and (touch wood) doesnt break.

Ive always found Sony stuff to just do what its ment to do.

I'm sure theres people that have had problem after problem with sony stuff, but untill they stop been as good as they have been to me, im going to keep buying sony.