PDA

View Full Version : Fax Machine help

chrissy1
22-03-2007, 18:37
Hi guys,

Currently we have one phoneline installed in our house. I've just bought a fax machine and wondered whether i'll have to have a second line installed in order to use it?

Our phone line has two inputs, one upstairs/downstairs if i was to connect my FAX to the second extension would that engage the line. or only when sending/receiving faxes?

Thanks inadvance!

MovedGoalPosts
22-03-2007, 18:43
You can install it as an extension to your single phone line, but most faxes will then try to answer every call. Some however are clever enough to be able to see if it's a fax or voice call, or alternatively you get a filter. I suppose it depends on how many faxes you might receive and if that would be when you are out. Many people just leave the fax off until they know a call is coming in.

chrissy1
24-03-2007, 11:47
Hi guys,

Currently we have one phoneline installed in our house. I've just bought a fax machine and wondered whether i'll have to have a second line installed in order to use it?

Our phone line has two inputs, one upstairs/downstairs if i was to connect my FAX to the second extension would that engage the line. or only when sending/receiving faxes?

Thanks inadvance!

Ah that makes sense, cheers Rob.