PDA

View Full Version : 4 Meg upgrade???

butchwade
22-03-2007, 11:45
My missus has just been on the phone to Virgin customer services to try and wrangle a better deal for us, and she was told that we will shortly be getting our 4meg service upgraded to 8meg.

Does anyone know anything about this, and when it's likely to be happening?

Cheers!

nicke261192
22-03-2007, 12:56
4 Meg to 8 Meg?

Cable VM only do 2Meg, 4Meg and 10Meg packages

ASDL VM only do up to 1Meg and up to 8Meg

You either have been told the information wrong or they are moving you from cable to ASDL which i think is a bit stupid

The 10Meg cable is soon going to 20Meg so i wonder if they told you that the 4Meg service is also going to be increased?

AndyCambs
22-03-2007, 13:00
There has been some talk of the speeds being increased once they roll out the 20MB speed. But it's all rumour and nothing substantiated yet I believe.

4 Meg to 8 Meg?

Cable VM only do 2Meg, 4Meg and 8Meg packages

ASDL VM only do up to 1Meg and up to 8Meg

You either have been told the information wrong or they are moving you from cable to ASDL which i think is a bit stupid

The 10Meg cable is soon going to 20Meg so i wonder if they told you that the 4Meg service is also going to be increased?

I think you mean 2MB, 4MB and 10MB?

nicke261192
22-03-2007, 13:03
Yeah sorry i got confused with all the Megs and the MB lol

mr_bo
22-03-2007, 13:36
If they do increase 4mb to 8mb then I for one will downgrade from the 10mb. I do not want to pay £37 for 20mb.

danielf
22-03-2007, 13:40
If they do increase 4mb to 8mb then I for one will downgrade from the 10mb. I do not want to pay £37 for 20mb.

Likewise, I might consider dropping to the former 2mb (which I presume will go up to 4mb). 4 mb suits me fine as I don't download much.

AndyCambs
22-03-2007, 15:06
Quite right - I can't see why all these people are so obsessed with 50MB - there's only so much you can download, and in any case, they need to get a life! :D

DieDieMyDarling
22-03-2007, 15:16
My missus has just been on the phone to Virgin customer services to try and wrangle a better deal for us, and she was told that we will shortly be getting our 4meg service upgraded to 8meg.

Does anyone know anything about this, and when it's likely to be happening?

Cheers!
Reading on other forums, i've heard of CS telling different customers different stories, ranging from speed increases to price reductions on the lower tiers. :erm:

cybernetic_tiger
22-03-2007, 15:31
This as many other threads is all speculation and until the press release comes out no-one will be able to give anyone a 100% accurate view of how the service is going to look.

However... I would expect something like this as many have said that the price of the 4Mb package is becoming less appealing as other suppliers reshape their prices and ADSL MAX / 2+ becomes more widespread.

slowcoach
22-03-2007, 15:58
I did hear that customers who phoned for a discount threatening to go to ADSL will be getting their wish once negotiations to supply ADSL are finalised, this will free up Cable bandwidth which will be taken up by the new speeds and new customers willing to pay extra for a Cable connection.
Makes sense, and everyone is happy. ;)

Nikesh
22-03-2007, 16:36
Likewise, I might consider dropping to the former 2mb (which I presume will go up to 4mb). 4 mb suits me fine as I don't download much.

Me too. :tu:

butchwade
22-03-2007, 17:05
4 Meg to 8 Meg?

That was certainly what the woman on the phone told my missus, but as always you can't be sure that they aren't just giving you some old flannel.

I'm certainly hoping that they do double the service, as with the 10meg cable.;)

Hex
22-03-2007, 17:12
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if CS members browsed these forums each day before work looking for the most popular rumours to then pass back to the customers, I really could see that happening.

2||Para
22-03-2007, 23:29
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if CS members browsed these forums each day before work looking for the most popular rumours to then pass back to the customers, I really could see that happening.
What like the rumour they are going to put me on 20MB and pay me to use it?
:D