21-03-2007, 19:24
What colour spots?

FV2007
21-03-2007, 19:29
What colour spots?

Huh?

Russ
21-03-2007, 19:38
The best treatment is to leave puberty, failing that just burst the head and apply a tiny amount of toothpaste - about the size of a pinhead.

It'll clear up in a few days. Or just try some kind of fruit.

Mr_love_monkey
21-03-2007, 20:00
Anyone know of any good products for removing facial spots? Thanks

soap??? :)

sadly it's one of those things - they go in their own sweet time

Paul
21-03-2007, 20:07
TCP can clear them up in a few days - hurts like hell though.

budwieser
21-03-2007, 21:46
Anyone know of any good products for removing facial spots? Thanks
Witchhazel is supposed to be really good or just plain old white vinegar.
Wash your face with water as hot as you can stand so it opens the pores and then apply some cotton wool soaked with witch hazel or the vinegar.. :)

AntiSilence
21-03-2007, 22:33
I hear that not playing with yourself in front of your friends girlfriend is a good way! ;)

deadite66
21-03-2007, 22:36
benzoyl peroxide 10% cream available over the counter.
don't let it touch clothes you want to keep though, as it can bleach them.

nffc
21-03-2007, 23:29
The best treatment is to leave pubertyNot especially funny.

Some kids don't get spots at that age, and others do, and still get them after.

Maggy
21-03-2007, 23:33
Bursting acne is NOT a good idea..it leaves scars...just use the toothpaste on unburst spots...and it really works...but remember to remove it in the morning BEFORE you leave the house.;)

Mr_love_monkey
21-03-2007, 23:35
Bursting acne is NOT a good idea..it leaves scars...just use the toothpaste on unburst spots...and it really works...but remember to remove it in the morning BEFORE you leave the house.;)

terrible, I know - but I always enjoyed bursting mine - especially when they made an audible pop.

Sad, but true

MovedGoalPosts
21-03-2007, 23:45
terrible, I know - but I always enjoyed bursting mine - especially when they made an audible pop.

Sad, but true

Did you have to - I'm cringing now :sick:

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

To be honest the best option is to grin and bear it.

A good regime of personal hygiene is the best option. Some of the "cosmetics" faciual washes can make a difference, even if they are costly.

You might also consider your diet. Lots of fatty sugary foods don't help.

Mr_love_monkey
21-03-2007, 23:46
Did you have to - I'm cringing now :sick:

oh come on - if the OP in another of his threads can share what he did, surely I can share that without any outcry :)

Anyway, isn't there an old wives tale about self abuse causing spots???? :)

MovedGoalPosts
21-03-2007, 23:49
oh come on - if the OP in another of his threads can share what he did, surely I can share that without any outcry :)

Anyway, isn't there an old wives tale about self abuse causing spots???? :)

Nope that's blindness - at least then they wouldn't know about the spots.

Mr_love_monkey
21-03-2007, 23:51
Nope that's blindness - at least then they wouldn't know about the spots.
well, unless they started squeezing waiting for an audible pop :)

danielf
21-03-2007, 23:53

Sad, but true

Or to see from what distance you could hit the mirror. :)

MovedGoalPosts
21-03-2007, 23:59
Oh the mis-spent memories of youth.

Mr_love_monkey
22-03-2007, 00:10
Or to see from what distance you could hit the mirror. :)

Are we still talking about spots, or are we back onto self abuse?

Halcyon
22-03-2007, 00:18
WhichHazel is what I used too. Works quite well.

If they get really bad it is worth seeing a doctor who can prescribe something.
They will go eventually though.

danielf
22-03-2007, 00:22
Are we still talking about spots, or are we back onto self abuse?

I don't recall audible pops with self abuse, so it must be spots ;)

Cobbydaler
22-03-2007, 00:31
Speak for yourself... ;)

danielf
22-03-2007, 00:46
Speak for yourself... ;)

Do you wash regularly? :erm:

Taf
24-03-2007, 18:55
Your GP can prescribe antibiotic capsules if the problem is severe acne (tell the doc that they are depressing you and that can push him to prescribe). Even paying presciption charges, this is usually cheaper than over-the-counter medicines, and potions.

The course can least weeks or months, but beware.... oxytetracycline can make your eyes and fingernails yellow... and your bones wil glow in the dark...

Chimaera
24-03-2007, 20:05
If it's really bad, ask for a hospital referral - they are the only ones that prescribe Roaccutane, which really does work for acne - a family member suffered with it for 20 years, and after a year's treatment (a long time for that medication!) they are now much improved.
It does have side effects - but if you can put up with them, the improvement is worth it :tu:

Fingy
24-03-2007, 20:15
If its just a few spots and nothing serious then pile cream works wonders, also helps reduce puffyness around the eyes... oh the joys of having a beautician as your mate.

Alien
28-03-2007, 23:55
Not especially funny.

Some kids don't get spots at that age, and others do, and still get them after.
I can't remember when I started getting them, maybe mid to late teens, but I still get them.

Sad, but true
The best spot story I have is about 1 I had on my top lip that went nasty. It was 1 of those ones that you can feel because it's sore, but has yet to develop a visible head, so you can't burst it yet. Anyway, as it was sore I tried using Germolene anti-septic cream on it - turns out I'm allergic to Germolene cream [don't know which ingredient, but if I put it on a cut or whatever it's almost guaranteed to go green & extra pussy. Anyway, said spot went green & I got some anti-biotics, but it was so sore that I wasn't willing to wait for them to get rid of it, I numbed it with ice then burst it. At first all I got was this little semi-dry thready type thing. I pulled it, & it was like pulling out a plug - this big bright green blob of liquid puss just oozed out & formed on my lip whilst I stared in the mirror in fascination [after all, it's not something that happens every day] until it became too big & dripped into the sink. Then I just kept squeezing it until all that was coming out was blood, & I put some TCP on it. :D

Halcyon
29-03-2007, 00:00
I hope no one was eating their meal whilst reading your post Alien. :Oh:

Salu
03-04-2007, 15:06
The best treatment is to leave puberty, failing that just burst the head and apply a tiny amount of toothpaste - about the size of a pinhead.

It'll clear up in a few days. Or just try some kind of fruit.

I have a vision of FV2007 walking around with 7 clementines and a banana stuck to his/her cheeks...:p: