PDA

View Full Version : WTF Vodafone?

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 11:03
Ive been ripped off by vodafone somewhere, i only use my fone for texts and put 20 quid in 2 days ago and sent a max of 50 texts but its empty. ive tried phoning them from the mobile on 191 but says i cant speak to an advisor as i dont have credit.

Im trying to call them from the house phone but i get nothing when i dial.

According to their website i call this number...........

In the UK
08700 700 191
Opening hours
lines are open 24 hours

It doesnt work though. How the hell do i get hold of them?

bopdude
21-03-2007, 11:09
That number works fine for me dialing from my O2 phone, haven't a house number so can't check that, you haven't signed up for any sms ringtone downloads, have you ?

EDIT, mind you, guessing that a text is about 35 pence, depending on network, your knocking at the door for your £20's worth :shrug:

Russ
21-03-2007, 11:13
If it's due to 3rd party charges (such as a premuim rate sms service) then Voda won't be able to do anything other than tell you where the credit went.

Any queries or requests for refunds need to be taken up with the company who provide the sms content, not the network.

Moved to Lifestyle btw.

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 11:15
Ive not rang anyone though and its 12 p per text so they ripping me off. ive got through now and they dont know where my credit has gone

Graham M
21-03-2007, 11:16
Wow Barewolf you're such a conspiracy theorist...

bopdude
21-03-2007, 11:19
Ive not rang anyone though and its 12 p per text so they ripping me off. ive got through now and they dont know where my credit has gone

What phone have you got ? do you have a log of calls / texts sent ?

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Are Voda able to trace / log payt texts and calls ??

AndyCambs
21-03-2007, 11:22
Move to Four for £40 with Virgin Mobile then - and get 300 text messages and 300 minutes for £10

bopdude
21-03-2007, 11:24
Move to Four for £40 with Virgin Mobile then - and get 300 text messages and 300 minutes for £10

Expensive way of getting 300 mins and 300 texts tho IMO it's actually costing him £40 ;)

Russ
21-03-2007, 11:27
Maybe Barewolf is happy on Vodafone and can't get a signal with Virgin?

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 11:31
im not happy with vodafone

bopdude
21-03-2007, 11:34
im not happy with vodafone

Why ? and if your not happy, try someone else, you are payg so there's nothing stopping you :shrug:

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 11:39
my fone is a vodafone. i dont know how to change it.

Tightscot
21-03-2007, 11:43

if you're PAYG then just unlock the phone and buy a sim card from another provider. easy peasy. :)

you should even be able to keep your number... maybe

Russ
21-03-2007, 11:43
Surely it's as simple as getting a new phone/SIM?

See if you can get your phone unlocked then simply get a new PAYG SIM card, you can even bring your Voda number with you. What phone is it?

bopdude
21-03-2007, 11:45

:erm: you don't change phones, you change sim cards, pick an operator, go buy a payg sim from their shop bang it in the unit, make calls ;)

Of course, your phone may be locked to Vodafone, what make and model have you got ?

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Must type faster .......lol

Tightscot
21-03-2007, 11:47
woohoo i win the fastest typer thingy ... do i get a prize?

bopdude
21-03-2007, 11:48
woohoo i win the fastest typer thingy ... do i get a prize?

yep, check rep :tu: :D

Tightscot
21-03-2007, 11:50
yep, check rep :tu: :D

quality! :D :D

bopdude
21-03-2007, 11:51
quality! :D :D

:D

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 11:52
Ok heres the deal. This guy said i have sent 298 texts since 17th when i put my £20 on. And all to the same number. Then after i said i had texted 2 people so it cant be he said "So now you admit sending the texts"

So i said no that i had texted just not that many.

Anyway he didnt beleive me and said they werent all to the same number which he tried to blame on my hearing.

Then he wanted to fone my girlfriends number to speak to her about her texts so reluctantly she said he could so i went on hold and she told him i hadnt sent that many to her, only about 30 which is true.

So he checked with her network o2 who said apparently she had recieved the text messages but i know he is lying coz no way ive sent 298 texts to her since the 17th as we have broke up. dont even send that many when we were together.

After i put the fone down on him i worked it out and 298 X 12p is £35 so whats he on about? I didnt work that out on the fone to him but what can i do about this?

Russ
21-03-2007, 11:52
And along comes a Mod who can move/delete posts.. ;)

Seriously, there are loads of good PAYG offers on at the moment, no reason for anyone to stick to one network.

superbiatch
21-03-2007, 11:54
Ok heres the deal. This guy said i have sent 298 texts since 17th when i put my £20 on. And all to the same number. Then after i said i had texted 2 people so it cant be he said "So now you admit sending the texts"

So i said no that i had texted just not that many.

Anyway he didnt beleive me and said they werent all to the same number which he tried to blame on my hearing.

Then he wanted to fone my girlfriends number to speak to her about her texts so reluctantly she said he could so i went on hold and she told him i hadnt sent that many to her, only about 30 which is true.

So he checked with her network o2 who said apparently she had recieved the text messages but i know he is lying coz no way ive sent 298 texts to her since the 17th as we have broke up. dont even send that many when we were together.

After i put the fone down on him i worked it out and 298 X 12p is £35 so whats he on about? I didnt work that out on the fone to him but what can i do about this?

Which guy? Is he a vodafone employee? Did you get a name?

Seems really unprofessional if you ask me :dozey:

Tightscot
21-03-2007, 11:56
call Vodamoan back up and tell em you worked out it can't have been 298 texts cos the figures don't add up, then tell em you're leaving... and then go to another provider...

And along comes a Mod who can move/delete posts..

boo hiss....:disturbd:

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 12:04
Which guy? Is he a vodafone employee? Did you get a name?

Seems really unprofessional if you ask me :dozey:

Yeah he worked for them. And i think they are ripping me off. Ive had nothing but crap off vodafone.

superbiatch
21-03-2007, 12:12
Yeah he worked for them. And i think they are ripping me off. Ive had nothing but crap off vodafone.

I think these companies forget you're paying them for a service :dozey:

Cut your losses and get a new sim card. You could pick one up for about £5-£10. I can also recommend o2 ;)

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 12:27
service? yeah ripping me off, *******s

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 15:01
I am very stressed out i need some help here........

I rang back vodafone and asked to speak to a supervisor and they put on my account that i had spoke to my girlfriend and she had said nearly what i said.

I didnt get this guys name but i put the phone down on him.

Anyway when i rang back the 2nd time i spoke to this guy donald who read my first call and said same as 1st guy from off the screen. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said no, so i said it was my right to speak to him but he wouldnt let me.

I told him that i couldnt have sent 298 texts since the 17th. Its not possible, if my calculations are correct if i am awake 15 hours a day thats 7 texts an hour? every hour for 3 days.

Theres something wrong here and i dont know what to do.

DocDutch
21-03-2007, 15:07
which phone have you got Bare??? cuz what might've happend is that you by accident have opened up a web browser on it and that has drained your credit.

this happend to me a while back with my phone.

bopdude
21-03-2007, 15:07
Well as far as I can see all your doing is throwing more money away on calls, write off the £20 and move on ffs

Barewolf
21-03-2007, 15:11
ive got key lock so i cant have drained off with the web

And bop its the principle not the money, no one tries to take me for a mug and accuses me of lying.

UncleBooBoo
21-03-2007, 15:20
Vodafone is a good network, I used them for nearly three years on pay go but be warned their system is totally scre*ed up!

I used to try and call them and I would end up getting put through to 118 uk ohhh and I had more than a few occasions where my creds vanished!

Call a local number, talk for 10 mins and hey £18 worth of creds gone!

Be warned Vodafone pay go is a no go!

jellybaby
25-03-2007, 16:20
If you're after an O2 sim card you can get some free from here :)

http://freesimo2.o2.co.uk/messages.php?f=vck5sgaeg&p=57BYR2

Shaun
25-03-2007, 16:51
T-mobile are giving them away for 50p too :)

I had credit disappear from my line with T-mobile but they agreed it was missing and refunded it after a while. I keep a close eye on it now but haven't had anything like this again.

Easy-mobile used to let you list all your activity on-line so you could see where your money had gone - I miss that now. :(

cimt
25-03-2007, 18:44
Vodaphone was always been a rip off imo. o2 are better and usually offer free sim cards at www.o2.co.uk/mates . Depending on how much you top up depends on how many free texts or call minutes you get.