PDA

View Full Version : My IP Address Will Not Renew

Rob13
21-03-2007, 10:52
Virgin Media installed my broadband connection 2 days ago. I have tried to install the software using the CD and step be step instructions provided but I receive an error message (00.01.1E.003E) saying it cannot renew my IP address for my network adapter (DHCP)

I spoke to the helpline and they tried various ways of resetting my ip address unsuccesfully. They then told me it is probably a corrupted driver on my PC and to contact the manufacturers. I find this hard to believe as I was online less than a week ago when I was using my NTL box at my previous address.

Is it possible my modem is not registered and activated against my account? If so, what needs to be done to enable this?

punky
21-03-2007, 10:59
:welcome: to the site.

I have moved your thread from the articles section (which is reserved for reference threads) to the main forum, which is for questions and support.

bopdude
21-03-2007, 11:32
I find this hard to believe as I was online less than a week ago when I was using my NTL box at my previous address.

Is it possible my modem is not registered and activated against my account? If so, what needs to be done to enable this?

:erm: who installed the modem at the new address, an engineer, or did you just take it all with you on the house move, did you inform them of your move ? sounds to me like the modem is stuill registered at the old address so will not work from the new one :2cents:

Of course, I could be wrong............................. again ;)

Rob13
21-03-2007, 13:06
It was an engineer who installed it. Previously, my broadband was connected to the back of the NTL box with a USB adaptor going into my PC. This time, it is a modem with an ethernet cable now going into the back of the PC.

papa smurf
21-03-2007, 19:10
It was an engineer who installed it. Previously, my broadband was connected to the back of the NTL box with a USB adaptor going into my PC. This time, it is a modem with an ethernet cable now going into the back of the PC.

your probably still registered to the old mac adress so new modem not on system need to swop mac adresses get service tech to to your home he can swop mac adress by sms text

AbyssUnderground
21-03-2007, 19:36
your probably still registered to the old mac adress so new modem not on system need to swop mac adresses get service tech to to your home he can swop mac adress by sms text

Wow, I think thats the first time Ive ran out of breath reading someones post... and you have total lack of spelling and grammar...

papa smurf
21-03-2007, 19:42
Wow, I think thats the first time Ive ran out of breath reading someones post... and you have total lack of spelling and grammar...

well thats because i'm not a spotty 16 year old smart mouthed genius init

AbyssUnderground
21-03-2007, 19:59
well thats because i'm not a spotty 16 year old smart mouthed genius init

Who said I was 16? I can guess from previous posts that you're older than me, so whats your excuse for bad spelling and grammar?

papa smurf
21-03-2007, 20:02
beer

Nedkelly
21-03-2007, 20:05
Calm down its only a Topic :) Back to the topic sounds like that they have not changed the acct to a sacm .I bet they still have you on bb acct with you set top .The acct needs to be changed and lets hope they have the mac from the bottom of modem :erm: .If not they need to sort the acct

papa smurf
21-03-2007, 20:10
Calm down its only a Topic :) Back to the topic sounds like that they have not changed the acct to a sacm .I bet they still have you on bb acct with you set top .The acct needs to be changed and lets hope they have the mac from the bottom of modem :erm: .If not they need to sort the acct

s were only messing about theres nowt on the telly

AbyssUnderground
21-03-2007, 20:33
s were only messing about theres nowt on the telly

Yeah, boredom makes people mess around like that. Its a funny old world... But still, nice to put a full stop now and again, I found it a little hard to see where sentences stopped. Now, where did I put my bottle of Baileys...