PDA

View Full Version : No Remote for V+

eggweena
19-03-2007, 23:28
I had my V+ box installed on Friday 9th March but the installer had not brought a remote control or HDMI cable. He told me that his supervisor would bring one along that afternoon. Predicably this didn't happen so I called VM and they told me the itms would be dispatched by post. I recieved the HDMI cable the following Wednesday but I am still waiting for the remote control. I have spoke to VM 2 more times and they tell me the remotes are on back order.

I have two questions:
Has anyone else been left without a remote
Is it possible to program the v+ box to use the old pace remote ( this was left behind)
Cheers:confused:

AndyCambs
19-03-2007, 23:48
1) I think some people have been left without remotes - strange though as they're boxed together
2) No - you have to have the V+ remote for the functionality. Ring Customer Service and ask for one, saying the engineer didn't have one. If I recall correctly the Pace boxes uses a different IR code as well. It would be like pointing your hifi remote at the television and expecting it to work.

eggweena
20-03-2007, 15:27
Thanks Andy I will get back on to them ;)

spiderplant
20-03-2007, 21:03
If you have a blue standard remote that will control the basic functions of V+, but not the PVR bits. Good job there's all those buttons on the front of the box.

eggweena
25-03-2007, 12:59
Thanks for the reply....The remote turned up on Friday with a letter telling me to return the old V+ remote or I will get charged. I phoned and explained the V+ was new and didn't come with a remote, but they didn't seem interested. He told me if I get charged they will sort it out after.....ho hum

Still the V+ is Brilliant. All of the channels on my LCD even standard look great. :)