PDA

View Full Version : The great World of Warcraft problem on Virgin

Chimpy
13-03-2007, 12:56
The random disconnection problem is still there and seems to be no acceptance by Virgin that there is a problem. There's hundreds of people complaining on the wow forums who are on NTL/Virgin. This must mean there are thousands more who haven't said anything.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=207050797&sid=1

Is there any news on this? If nothing gets sorted out, Virgin are going to lose a great deal of customers. I'm not sure Virgin are even aware there is a major fault in their system.

Whenever I call tech support I get told my connection is fine and it must be a problem my end. I believed this for a while until I found out everyone else had the problem too.

Would the packet shaping be causing the problem? It's not just this game it affects - it seems to be all MMOs and other apps like VPN and messenger.

Gekogeek
13-03-2007, 13:42
I called tech support about this last night and though the agent was very understanding and more than happy to seek advice from senior colleagues, he basically said that the problem lay with the Telia network not supplying VM enough bandwidth and that I should contact Blizzard and highlight the problem.

I've done this and will wait and see what happens but like you, my friends and I are being disconnected and are experiencing latency spikes at random and it's really starting to suck! :mad:

Is there anyone from VM who might be reading this and can offer a solution?

lauzjp
13-03-2007, 13:59
oh this explains why my future brother in law is so grumpy lately sometimes then! :rolleyes:

jkat
13-03-2007, 14:07
my son is always complaining about this problem with "wow" but we are on the telewest/virgin.

Graham M
13-03-2007, 15:27
my son is always complaining about this problem with "wow" but we are on the telewest/virgin.

which is exactly the same company... ;)

DarkGashX
13-03-2007, 15:32
OK I have just started playing WoW a week ago and my pings on Cable Virgin Media are always from 40 - 130ms which is brilliant! The odd time I can get a spike upto 400+ for the odd second but its back to normal in no time. So I for one can say I don't have that problem :).

Gekogeek
13-03-2007, 15:36
My latency is spiking from 40-50ms to 4000+ms... not very good by anyones standards.

maxeh
13-03-2007, 15:38
I called tech support about this last night and though the agent was very understanding and more than happy to seek advice from senior colleagues, he basically said that the problem lay with the Telia network not supplying VM enough bandwidth and that I should contact Blizzard and highlight the problem.

Essentially it's Virgin Media's responsibility to ensure they have enough capacity to Telia, especially when its the VM customers complaining.

Gekogeek
13-03-2007, 15:43
Essentially it's Virgin Media's responsibility to ensure they have enough capacity to Telia, especially when its the VM customers complaining.

That's what I thought too but decided it would be best to play along and see what Blizzard's response was before I lose the rag at some minion in tech support...

DarkGashX
13-03-2007, 15:57
There is a lot of places that VM don't have a good connection too and I will agree it is getting really annoying...

Gekogeek
13-03-2007, 16:01
There is a lot of places that VM don't have a good connection too and I will agree it is getting really annoying...

What I find weird is that I have no problems downloading or browsing...

DarkGashX
13-03-2007, 16:16
WoW is "fine" for me but I have noticed bad connections in the U.S. using the Savivis (I think it is called) servers. Always bad Packetloss and some don't work at all.

VM needs to get it's international links sorted.

Downloads
13-03-2007, 16:27
Yeah, i've been playing WoW for about 4 weeks now and no problems at all. If i'd have been d/c to that extent i would have binned it by now.

Chimpy
13-03-2007, 16:31
What I find weird is that I have no problems downloading or browsing...

Web browsing etc uses a different protocol. Things like MMO games and VPN use a steady streaming two-way connection, and if this is interrupted it is difficult to continue, whilst web browsers will just try again.

downquark1
13-03-2007, 19:57
Blame telia, it's usually their fault.

Druchii
13-03-2007, 20:38
Same problems here as i also described in ap revious thread... Also the problem spreads to Skype, which is hitting Norway... And glitching like hell, skipping and generally beeping... Yay :(

Chimpy
13-03-2007, 21:19
Why would it only affect people on virgin though?

kingo_2k2
14-03-2007, 09:28
I have played wow for over a year now and got execllent service from ntl and good connection speed as soon as vm came into the play i can hardly play the game its fine for about 5 mins when i log in after that random disconnects and sometimes i get frozen but everything else seems to be find i can read messages typed in game and see people playing as normal but im unable to move for 2-3 min then get disconnected. I am part of a large gaming community and every single person in this community using the same connection is having problems, with the use of teamspeak we have found that wheneva a lag spike comes or a disconnect it happens to all of us at the same time, this is people in different parts of the country so it isnt a local connection problem or enything to do with us its simply down to vm, how can they mess up the connection so fast? its only been about 2 weeks think ill be taking my custom elsewere and so will half of the wow community (thats thousands of people :P)

Druchii
14-03-2007, 18:32
I have played wow for over a year now and got execllent service from ntl and good connection speed as soon as vm came into the play i can hardly play the game its fine for about 5 mins when i log in after that random disconnects and sometimes i get frozen but everything else seems to be find i can read messages typed in game and see people playing as normal but im unable to move for 2-3 min then get disconnected. I am part of a large gaming community and every single person in this community using the same connection is having problems, with the use of teamspeak we have found that wheneva a lag spike comes or a disconnect it happens to all of us at the same time, this is people in different parts of the country so it isnt a local connection problem or enything to do with us its simply down to vm, how can they mess up the connection so fast? its only been about 2 weeks think ill be taking my custom elsewere and so will half of the wow community (thats thousands of people :P)
It's not just virgin though...

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=207050797&sid=1&pageNo=4
Post 64 of that. Orange BB poblem...

Dawn Falcon
15-03-2007, 01:05
Been unable to play (usually can't get in, when I can 1-2 lag times) for over a week now. VM are not being helpful either.

Liddlei
15-03-2007, 09:49
Same problem here too
Been playing WoW for nearly 2 years on NTL 4mb BB and everything was fine, no random dc's, latency was good and now getting dc'd all the time. Prob just a coincidence but downgraded to 2mb BB and got V+ installed (had no TV etc with NTL before) and now nearly unplayable. Out of interest of the ppl here having problems, have u got any other services with Virgin? Only askin cos where as before i had just the cable to my modem, the tech split the cable and connected to modem and V+

Mick Fisher
15-03-2007, 10:13
Same problem here too
Been playing WoW for nearly 2 years on NTL 4mb BB and everything was fine, no random dc's, latency was good and now getting dc'd all the time. Prob just a coincidence but downgraded to 2mb BB and got V+ installed (had no TV etc with NTL before) and now nearly unplayable. Out of interest of the ppl here having problems, have u got any other services with Virgin? Only askin cos where as before i had just the cable to my modem, the tech split the cable and connected to modem and V+

It could be just a coincidence but my money would be on the probability that you now have a signal strength problem or a problem with the splitter. Did the engineer check the signal levels after completing the installation?

piggy
15-03-2007, 10:21
i agree with druchii

my lad plays wow and he is having the same problems im with tiscali adsl .....you can blame virgin for lots of things but not this time ;)

Toto
15-03-2007, 10:26
Wow seem unable to consider alternative European peers.

When my in game latency is in the red, I imediatly do a trace to the wow server, and the issue seems to start from the first Telia hop.

That being said, the time in miliseconds was only in double figures, but I would eventually have to restart.

Liddlei
15-03-2007, 10:31
I think so, he was tuning in the V+ box to 3 different frequencies, saw them all turn green. Other than that i didn't see him doing anything

afraser2k
15-03-2007, 10:32
I've had random disconnections and lag spikes on the Kilrogg EU server from my VM 10 Mb connection for about two weeks before I cancelled my subscription to WoW on 3rd March due to the problems.

Initially I thought it was due to problems I was having with my cable modem rebooting during the recent maintenance work (rebooting has stopped now) but other gaming is fine and only affects WoW. I'm also glad it's not just me it's happening to as it will force Blizzard/VM/Telia to sort it out quicker than usual due to the numbers it's affecting.

Gekogeek
15-03-2007, 11:44
I logged on last night and discovered... no problems whatsoever! Has someone actually taken note and sorted the problem? We'll just need to wait a few more days and see... :rolleyes:

downquark1
15-03-2007, 12:04
Wow seem unable to consider alternative European peers.

When my in game latency is in the red, I imediatly do a trace to the wow server, and the issue seems to start from the first Telia hop.

That being said, the time in miliseconds was only in double figures, but I would eventually have to restart.

the pings and traceroutes are blocked in their network. You would never get past the 1st hop in perfect conditions.

Chimpy
15-03-2007, 14:38
I logged on last night and discovered... no problems whatsoever! Has someone actually taken note and sorted the problem? We'll just need to wait a few more days and see... :rolleyes:

It did this last week - find on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, awful again on Saturday.

Tezcatlipoca
15-03-2007, 22:21
I've been passed the following info.

We have no confirmation or verification for it, however I do personally trust the source to be accurate & reliable, based on past information provided.

I've been speaking with someone 'well connected' with this and they and I have the following to say, based both on their experience, their customers and WoW users in the UK.

1) Multiple ISPs have seen issues with peering and degredation of service, especially to the former Telewest IP ranges, since the two networks ntli / ntl Internet AS5089 and Cableinet / Telewest Broadband AS5642 began to be merged.
2) There is no known fault on the Telia network - other networks traversing the same routers are able to reach Blizzard's edge network fine.
3) The Tiscali issues referred to are due to overcongested links on the Tiscali network between Milton Keynes and Birmingham.
4) There are no widespread issues on the Orange network with World of Warcraft.
5) There are no widespread issues between the UK as a whole and continental Europe.
6) ntl / VM are traditionally not the fastest to upgrade interconnect links, transit providers of theirs have in the past had to contact them regarding congested links which resulted in VM performing traffic engineering to spread traffic to other interconnects. In other ISPs have taken down peerings with VM / ntl in the past as they have failed to respond to requests for cooperation in upgrading them when they became congested.

Druchii
15-03-2007, 23:01
So on the whole VM/ntl/TW are the ones at fault most of the time :(

Gee
16-03-2007, 00:27
same **** happening to me they have got till the end of next week to sort it out or im leaving 35 quid a month for **** service when sky offering for 10.00 its a no brainer

red502
16-03-2007, 01:40
After speaking to a source in the States,

I have it on good authority that Virgin have cut overall transatlantic bandwidth, compared with the aggregate total bandwidth being offered by Virgin.net, NTL and Blueyonder.

Maybe they have also cut bandwidth to Europe, even though it costs less than transatlantic?

Virgin also use traffic management to route different ports/protocols/individual users via different paths. This is new.

They have lowered the quality of their product simply because they can: their competitors (dsl) are considerably worse.

They are cynically closing the gap between themselves and the competition and betting that they can get away with it.

Sickening and pathetic. Try Bulldog at 16mb uncapped for £25 plus line rental... Or move to Sweden and get uncapped 100mb FULL DUPLEX for the same price...

How about 1000mb in Taiwan for £50?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Toto
16-03-2007, 07:10
After speaking to a source in the States,

I have it on good authority that Virgin have cut overall transatlantic bandwidth, compared with the aggregate total bandwidth being offered by Virgin.net, NTL and Blueyonder.

Maybe they have also cut bandwidth to Europe, even though it costs less than transatlantic?

Virgin also use traffic management to route different ports/protocols/individual users via different paths. This is new.

They have lowered the quality of their product simply because they can: their competitors (dsl) are considerably worse.

They are cynically closing the gap between themselves and the competition and betting that they can get away with it.

Sickening and pathetic. Try Bulldog at 16mb uncapped for £25 plus line rental... Or move to Sweden and get uncapped 100mb FULL DUPLEX for the same price...

How about 1000mb in Taiwan for £50?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Your source works for VM or one of its peering network?

He/she has intimate knowledge of the VM network topology?

red502
16-03-2007, 08:07
Your source works for VM or one of its peering network?

He/she has intimate knowledge of the VM network topology?

They work in the industry and know people in part of the international peering network, so it's 3rd hand information. I really can't say who; it concerns the US though.

Some is speculation (due to tons of recent, circumstantial evidence) and some is the result of tests I have recently conducted.

Toto
16-03-2007, 08:22
I have checked the WoW forums, and there are many other EU ISP's having problems with Telia.

I'd suggest therefore that the millions that Wow are raking in per month should be invested in better peering, and not employing "blues" who bounce the problems back to the poor old ISP's.

I am not supporting VM here, but I too have run my own tests, and the packet loss is happening inside Telia as well, and more so at peak times. This seems to back up the claims that Telia too is having problems.

BTW, peering issues to the US are not causing the WoW problems, although I can understand why they have been brought up in this thread.

red502
16-03-2007, 08:35
As you pointed out, my info doesn't reference Telia, nor does it concern WoW directly...

For what it's worth, tests conducted from US servers to other US points show MUCH lower packet loss than from my location to the same points.

This is a new development as far as I'm concerned and I have tested this on a clean and direct line, with an under-subscribed UBR and a new cable modem (with 'perfect' modem status). There are supposedly no faults in my area and UK traffic is less affected.

The routes taken by Virgin Media within the US seem inferior to the routes I have observed for for US to US connections.

The analogy being that VM's traffic is forced to use a B road or one lane of a fast motorway, whilst other traffic travels on an 8 lane Autobahn.

LemonyBrainAid
24-03-2007, 15:54
Grrrr... even more problems today!!

CiM
24-03-2007, 16:22
Grrrr... even more problems today!!

I've had an awful time the last couple of hours, disconnecting constantly. Worse than it's ever been.

Oddly enough, a friend who's on ntl/virgin had similar problems about a month ago, but they've now stopped entirely.

Fenlock
24-03-2007, 19:43
I've had an awful time the last couple of hours, disconnecting constantly. Worse than it's ever been.

Same. Never seen it this bad before. What's worse is its spikes.. so for majority of the time.. everything is ok.. then it spikes and you get 2000ms ping for like 5 minutes, and 2 or 3 disconnects in one spike.

The game is unplayable, warcraft if a big enough product to make virgin loose some serious ammount of customers if they dont sort this soon. I have been with NTL for god knows how long, since 512 was the only tier and this is honestly the first problem that;'s making me considder moving.

p.s im in oxford, on 10mb.

Robtor
25-03-2007, 03:02
Basically the same as everyone else, a few weeks ago it was very bad, but eventually was fixed, it seems to be returning now though. Coincidence i'm in Oxford too, and over the last 5days the internet has gone off twice, both times after phoning Virgin it was network problems and not just me, are they related to wow? Who knows.

DarkGashX
25-03-2007, 05:51
Mine has been dropping all day infact but Virgin is not alone, I was questing with a friend of mine and his ISP (Orange) was also having lag spikes and disconnections.

ghell
25-03-2007, 13:40
Web browsing etc uses a different protocol. Things like MMO games and VPN use a steady streaming two-way connection, and if this is interrupted it is difficult to continue, whilst web browsers will just try again.This is totally wrong, HTTP among other things use TCP Streams, MMOs (I believe WoW in particular) use UDP (aka User/Unreliable/Useless Datagram Protocol) Datagrams which are stateless and provide no guarantee that all the packets arrive, let alone arrive in the correct order. UDP also isn't "two-way", as each individual datagram is sent blindly in the hope that it reaches the destination.

If there is a lost packet in UDP, it is ignored. If there is a lost packet in TCP, it is resent. (only the packet is resent, tcp has no concept of such ideas as "files") Interruptions don't make it "difficult to continue". If this were the case then wireless (which has an enormous packet loss rate, hence the incredibly low transfer speeds between a wireless-g connection and, say, a gigabit cat6 line on the same lan) would be totally unable to do pretty much anything on the internet. Rather than causing problems, the packet is just resent by tcp (udp can request to resend if the application layer's logic tells it to, but thats not actually part of udp) and the fact that the packet had to be sent twice reduces the overall throughput.

UDP is faster as it doesn't have to set up and tear down a connection, but it means poking UDP holes in your firewall (this is what UPnP does automatically if you have that enabled, personally I disable UPnP) and is not reliable. This is fine for streaming movies or playing games because a little bit of missed data doesn't ruin the whole thing (you might hear a little crackle in the audio of a movie or whatever) but it's faster. However, when you are downloading a file, for example, you want the whole thing to be downloaded bit-perfectly regardless of the overhead in the connection.

The reason web browsing would be seemingly unaffected is because if a webpage takes 0.8 seconds to travel to you rather than 0.2, it makes little difference to the end user experience. If you shoot someone in a game, for example, and it takes a second (thats a 1000ms ping) before the bullet registers as hitting them, they may have moved by then and it may be disgarded, depending on the game server's logic. This drastically changes the outcome and is much more noticable.

scipio
26-03-2007, 11:18
Speaking of problems for VM users who play Wow, heres a bizarre one:

I have 2 machines connecting to the internet from the same VM 10mb connection. Both machines connect to a hub which connects to the cable modem which connects to the internet. Both machines have pretty much exactly the same security settings, software etc.

Now: The latency for each machine seems entirely random and unconnected. Both machines can be pinging under 200ms, or one can be, whilst the other is hitting 700ms latency. Neither machine is a particular culprit for lagspiking and they both seem to have done it roughly the same number of times while the other machine has been fine while both are running WoW.

We recently replaced the hub through which our machines connect, as previously we were having the same problem with a set up where 1 machine connected to the internet through the old hub and then the other machine. In fact the second computer along on the network often had the lower latency. So I have ruled out the network hub as being the culprit of this issue.

This is pretty damn annoying and leads me to pointing the finger at Blizzard Europe's (or whoever has the contract to host their game servers) hardware more than anything else.

Has anyone else come across this problem and found a way to resolve it? Surely one account shouldnt be lagspiking when the other runs fine, with both using the same connection.

Fenlock
26-03-2007, 12:35
Speaking of problems for VM users who play Wow, heres a bizarre one:

snip

Has anyone else come across this problem and found a way to resolve it? Surely one account shouldnt be lagspiking when the other runs fine, with both using the same connection.

At the weekend, i was on teamspeak with 5 friends, all within a 40 mile radius to my location - all on virgin media. It was so bad, we could detect when the lag was about to come.. and everyone would say it at the same time. It was quite funny in an annoying way. Someone would be casting a spell, or attacking a mob and would say "here it comes" because his UI had stopped updating. Withing seconds we were all lagging, and most DC'd.

With regard to the multiple accounts thing.. i cant say anything for certain. I think most people look on the service as once you are connected and logged in - you are basically on one single server. This simply isn't true. When you are in different parts of the game, you are connected to multiple servers and presumably different parts of blizzards network. One example of this would be when we were doing an instance, the lag seemed a lot worse and more constant than when we were in an open zone. I would imagine if one account was in say Ironforge, and another was in an instance - the instanced account could seem a lot worse. I think it's all just to do with Routing to the Telia network though - it also may be that an instanced server is much more busy now than something like Ironforge that is practically a ghost town since TBC (hence more traffic being routed to the instanced server).

dwarven
26-03-2007, 14:32
Hey guys,

I also have been suffering these annoying lagspikes and disconnections the last few days, making it virtually impossible to play the game.

Ive been running pingplotter in the background and every time Ive suffered a lagspike I would tab out to see what was happening, each time ping plotter would show me at least 20% packet loss on every hop within virgins network as well as packet loss on all the telia routers on the way to blizzards servers.

Interestingly last night around 8.30pm my connection was rerouted and the last three virgin routers were replaced by opentransit.net routers, after about 20 mins my connection settled down and I had no more problems all evening until about 1am when it all started again, checking pingplotter the opentransit.net routers had just been replaced with the original virgin ones again.

Called CS again this morning to complain and was fed the usual bull about nothing wrong with our servers its all telia/blizzards fault, even when I told them about the packet loss I was showing on their routers everytime the problem occured its still not their fault, and when I asked, politely :) , to talk to a supervisor / someone more technically minded I was put on hold and then disconnected grrrrrrr.

This is getting to be beyond a joke :mad:

Locky
26-03-2007, 20:23
well it does this on NOTHING else other than WoW, maybe they are just **** coders ?

Logan
27-03-2007, 11:29
I don't recall having any disconnection problems playing WoW on Virgin 10mb.

As previously mentioned, the odd long lag spike but not often disconnected.

Incidently after two years of playing WoW, I've stopped now and jumped on the console bandwagon.

Druchii
27-03-2007, 13:00
More evidence it's not just a Virgin problem, i have a friend who always gets lag spikes and disconnects when flying via griffon or simply using the deeprun tram, also, when doing instances, he says the lag gets upto about 600ms. He's on BT though....

LemonyBrainAid
28-03-2007, 20:37
More evidence it's not just a Virgin problem, i have a friend who always gets lag spikes and disconnects when flying via griffon or simply using the deeprun tram, also, when doing instances, he says the lag gets upto about 600ms. He's on BT though....

Perhaps it's just coincidence then...

I dropped in Blood furnace yesterday :mad::mad::mad:

Locky
28-03-2007, 21:04
like i said, **** codeing...

Linzi
01-04-2007, 22:42
Thank god i have found a resource! for the last 2 evenings Hubby and I have been experiencing major lag on WOW on average 4k+ then disconnection it made it virtually impossible to play, evening browsing was a nightmare so enough was enough, i grimmed and bared it on hold for 20 mins to get through to an operative who i belive was reading from a script and telling me to get rid of any p2p files...errr we dont use them/ have them installed, disconnect the pc from the modem whilst they run tests, after holding on for a further 10mins and exchanging a few words were having a engineer out, but by reading from here i dont think thats gonna make any difference.... :(
In the mean time weve disconnected router and researched!
What i cant understand is why has it all of a sudden gone wrong?

oh well looks like hubby and me are going to have to engaged in conversation eek..

Dawn Falcon
02-04-2007, 01:43

What, on the part of people who code the routers? It's a network issue, as has been pointed out. You can localise the hops which are an issue easily as well.

LemonyBrainAid
02-04-2007, 22:14
For ****s sakes.

It's really starting to take the biscuit now - it's been over a month and it's still a stupid little problem and they are doing NOTHING to fix it regardless of the absolutely huge list of complaints from customers. It's complete ******** now... can't play at peak times for any more than five minutes at a time... GRRRR

grumpy
02-04-2007, 22:40
What problem?

Been playing for over a year with several PC's using my connection

Rarely get long latency .... not happened for weeks

DarkGashX
03-04-2007, 03:09

Locky, dude, your my mate and all but I have to disagree there. Unlike other companies Blizzard works there asses off on their games. Need proof? Most of their games are coded for PC AND Mac. When a patch is released, they are released for PC AND Mac. They could use standard Microsoft crap but they decided to take the time to code their games so they could have a bigger audience. The drops are not coding related, its connection, I ran a few route tests on mine and mine is fine up until the 5/6th hop.

On topic... The drops are not happening as much for me no more, as well as the lag spiking, I would say in 5 days I have had 3 drops and no Lag Spikes.

Hope they are fixing it.

dragon
03-04-2007, 07:51
well it does this on NOTHING else other than WoW, maybe they are just **** coders ?

actually the wow netcode seems to be pretty good.

I've seen just how little bandwidth wow actually needs, its amounts to as little 0.05kb/s in places :shocked: (performance status on titan shows it)
Also wow remains playable up to some quite high pings.

Compare that to some other games which can't even work properly on a 100mbit LAN *cough ea cough*

Wow players can be a grumpy lot, i reset our router yesterday and got moaned at because i dc'd my mate off wow in the process.
:rolleyes:

I haven't played WOW myself for about a week or so, must get back into it :p:

popper
03-04-2007, 20:31
not that i play WOW, but do they have an IPv6 server setup up somewere?, that would use a different route i'd assume, IPv4 to ipV6 tunnels exist (do VM also now have IPv6 running native come to that?)and the stacks included in XP.
Download Failed (1)

DarkGashX
05-04-2007, 03:53
I take back that it has stopped for me, been a lot of drop outs the past few days. I really wish Virgin/Blizzard or whoever is in charge of the traffic would sort it out!

boodykaka
05-04-2007, 04:19
not that i play WOW, but do they have an IPv6 server setup up somewere?, that would use a different route i'd assume, IPv4 to ipV6 tunnels exist (do VM also now have IPv6 running native come to that?)and the stacks included in XP.
http://www.uk6x.com/TB_Howto/tunnel-lan-diag.png

The IPv6 packet would just be encapsulated into IPv4 packet's, & the Overlay tunnels reduce the MTU by about 20 octets, not much of a Latency.
That is even if the server has implemented IPv6

Zanny
27-06-2007, 21:46
Rather than start a new thread I thought id just bump an old one.

Any warcraft players having issues tonight? Im trying to connect to EU Lightbringer it accepts my password says SUCCESS! and doesnt log into server :( If i knew the server IP I could at least run a traceroute but alas I dont.

wow-europe.com is loading fine and reporting no issues with server as far as I can tell.

EDIT:- IM SORRY for bumping an old thread because it was user error i was blocking the IP's. My sincerest apologies. (feels silly)

Druchii
27-06-2007, 22:18
Rather than start a new thread I thought id just bump an old one.

Any warcraft players having issues tonight? Im trying to connect to EU Lightbringer it accepts my password says SUCCESS! and doesnt log into server :( If i knew the server IP I could at least run a traceroute but alas I dont.

wow-europe.com is loading fine and reporting no issues with server as far as I can tell.

EDIT:- IM SORRY for bumping an old thread because it was user error i was blocking the IP's. My sincerest apologies. (feels silly)
We'd rather you bump old threads on the same topic, than start new ones, so no need to feel silly.

Can't comment on the situation though, i quit playing a few months back, but wish i could still afford to play.

LemonyBrainAid
27-06-2007, 22:43
We'd rather you bump old threads on the same topic, than start new ones, so no need to feel silly.

Can't comment on the situation though, i quit playing a few months back, but wish i could still afford to play.

Unlucky mate.. the game begins at 70... ;)

Druchii
27-06-2007, 22:48
Unlucky mate.. the game begins at 70... ;)
I was only level 37, i spent a lot of time building up gold to buy an Ardent Custodian (strongest weapon below level 39) and ended up putting Crusader on it.
I had to get to level 38 to use it... Never got to use it :( How long do they keep characters for? (Aerie Peak server)

DarkGashX
28-06-2007, 02:47
I was only level 37, i spent a lot of time building up gold to buy an Ardent Custodian (strongest weapon below level 39) and ended up putting Crusader on it.
I had to get to level 38 to use it... Never got to use it :( How long do they keep characters for? (Aerie Peak server)

I believe they keep characters "forever". My connection to WoW has been fine lately but with the odd spike.

DABhand
28-06-2007, 12:35
Yes the characters are kept for a long time, 2 yrs I think with no logging in to the account, after 2yrs they delete if there is nothing happening to it.

Both VM and Telia need to talk to each other, there is huge spikes both ways.

Got someone in america to run a trace to me from him, via wow-europe and as soon as it hit telia to VM it hit a brick wall that way also :P

Stop It
28-06-2007, 14:51
Hmm, apart from the fact that the realm I use (Frostwhisper btw, StopIt as username if you ever want to say hello), has avg 100ms ping, all is well, never had a d/c caused by anyone other than Blizzard themselves.

DarkGashX
28-06-2007, 14:54
Hmm, apart from the fact that the realm I use (Frostwhisper btw, StopIt as username if you ever want to say hello), has avg 100ms ping, all is well, never had a d/c caused by anyone other than Blizzard themselves.

Very lucky, I have tried 3 realms and some days I never get disconnected and others it is well... unplayable.

Mandavar
20-06-2008, 11:52
Its becuase of 2.4 patch lags DC and unable patch + unable connections and Telia or whatever >.> it was already solved they signed contract and it was back again