PDA

View Full Version : VM Installation Nightmare

kraized
13-03-2007, 10:17
OK. I ordered the VIP Package plus an extra standard STB. We wanted the V+ in the living room and the standard STB's in the bedrooms. The installation was due to be done yesterday. Engineer came round. Fitted the phone line, BB and one standard STB in the living room. :confused:

I noticed what he was doing;) So I asked about the other STB's and why there was no V+ in the living room. He said he can only do work that was listed on his work sheet. OK I thought, some minor admin error. Well the engineer had to leave to go on another call so I was straight on the phone to VM. (Using the new phoneline so I don't have to pay for the call of course;) )

I spoke to Customer Service, Cancellations, Install. One department was blaming the other for the mistake. On and off I was on the phone for the next 5 hours:eek:

Initially I was told that an engineer can come out with just the V+ box and not the other standard STB:confused: simply because their computer systems only allow one STB to be booked. (I'm now thinking in my head "Computer Says Nooo"):rolleyes: However, this install can't be done for another 3 weeks.:mad: After which, the other STB can be ordered which may take another 3 weeks:mad:, as you can imagine, I am not happy, since I would be paying for a service all that time which I haven't got.

Anyway, after much twoing and frowing and f'ing and blinding (in my head) I eventually booked for an engineer to come round next tuesday with both boxes and I will not be paying any of the services until that date.;)

So. After that problem sorted out. I thought, I should setup the BB. Made meself a cuppa (I needed it - LOL) Hooked up the modem via ethernet to my Mac, got up the registration page. I now need a serial number and PIN. Apparently these should have been mailed to me, well I haven't had them. So. Back on the phone to VM. Given the last lot of phone calls I am thinking this ain't gonna be easy - and I was right:(

Got through to CS. Gave me serial number no problem but noone could give me a PIN, I spent the next hour on the phone being transferred from one department to another. CS kept says they can't generate a PIN because their computers keep giving them a error (you know what I'm thinking now;) ) In the end it was now getting late, 10pm) So I gave up. CS suggested I call back today and hopefully the problems with their computers is sorted. (I don't have much hope). Will be calling them again later.

On the plus side. I'm impressed by the new STB, even the standard one I have at the moment. Interface is nice and fast unlike the old ntl boxes. Looking forward to the V+ so I can have it hooked up to my HDTV.

(Ahh. Breathe - LOL)

NTLVictim
13-03-2007, 10:21
The BB part of that post was horribly familiar..shudder.

invisibleboy
13-03-2007, 10:24
had sort of the same thing engineers sheet only had a replace box so i had my new V+ box but the old STB wasnt moved to the bedroom it was taken away had issues with the broadband too as no account had been set up

kraized
13-03-2007, 15:26
Just called VM again to try and get my BB activated. On the phone for an hour being transfered about. VM cannot issue a PIN now until the rest of the installation happens next Tuesday:mad: They kept apologising that everything wasn't fully installed yesterday, blah blah.

Offered me a £30 discount on my first bill and will I not be paying for any services (even though I have the TV working) until it's all installed and activated. Thats something I guess. But so far, its been an absolute shambles. Thought things had improved since the ntl days.:rolleyes:

punky
13-03-2007, 15:34
Sorry to hear that...

Thread moved to the Installation forum.

Hope it all goes well. Be sure to check your bill carefully to make sure that the billing starts on the correct date and you've been given the credit.

kraized
20-03-2007, 11:04
OK guess what. Its now the next Tuesday and the installers only have ONE box on them to install and know nothing about the multiroom. This is feckin stupid now. I am seriously ****** off.:mad:

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

And the BB is still not working. Noone at VM can issue a PIN for some unknown reason. :(

punky
20-03-2007, 11:37
Sorry to hear you're still having problems. If you PM me your VM details, I can forward them on to our contact at VM which normally gets it sorted :tu:

kraized
21-03-2007, 09:27
Well. I have now lost Sky Movies and Sky Sports on the V+ box (an old TV Drive btw :confused: ) the installers put in the living room. I had them before on the standard STB :(

No Sky Movies and Sky Sports
No Broadband
No Multiroom

What the **** am I paying £90 a month for. :mad:

The installer yesterday said he would see if he can get another STB authorised for Multiroom but he never called back like he said he would. CS said they would call back yesterday about the problem with the modem, they never did. :(

This really needs to get sorted today otherwise I'm going to cancel. 3 weeks after I placed the order over the phone and two installs later and things still don't work. :( Ridiculous.

kraized
26-03-2007, 15:05
Guess what. Noone has called back. Still left here paying for Multiroom I don't have. :( Have one V+ box fitted and working. One V STB on the floor in the living room not connected to anything and I'm waiting for an installer to come round with another V STB to finish the job. No amount of phone calls can seem to get this sorted. VM keep saying the extra box is not on their system and someone will call back to sort but they never do.

What the **** is going on at VM.

Jules
26-03-2007, 17:29
Did you pass your details to Gavin, I am sure he will be able to help you.

In the mean time keep breathing deeply :)

kraized
26-03-2007, 17:37
Did you pass your details to Gavin, I am sure he will be able to help you.

In the mean time keep breathing deeply :)

I have passed my details to Gavin but VM called to sort out the modem problem not the situation with the Multiroom. They said they will get someone to call but nothing.:confused:

Jules
26-03-2007, 17:40
HUNKY!!! you are needed again :)

I am sure when Gavin reads this he will see what he can get sorted for you :)

kraized
27-03-2007, 16:23
Well. Still no call from VM.:mad: :rolleyes: :( :td:

Jules
27-03-2007, 17:40
I have given Gavin a nudge for you :)

punky
27-03-2007, 18:08
Sorry to hear the problem still isn't sorted...

I'll email our liason back...

kraized
27-03-2007, 18:31
OK. Many thanks.

Jules
27-03-2007, 18:32
Don't forget to keep breathing deeply ;)

kraized
27-03-2007, 20:12
Don't forget to keep breathing deeply ;)

Will that get the problem sorted any quicker?:erm:

Jules
27-03-2007, 21:44
Don't be silly lol but I find it does help with your health ;)

kraized
27-03-2007, 22:17
Hehe. No worries. ;)

kraized
29-03-2007, 14:59
Hi again,

Can someone confirm to me how much the following would cost me per month.

The VIP Package and one extra standard STB? So that would be, 1 V+ STB and 2 standard STB's.

Thanks.

kraized
30-03-2007, 15:31
Had a guy call back from VM apparently from the CEO's office (yeah right). Apologised for the problems I have been having. BUT. Its still not sorted. Instead he tried to get me to pay another £15 pcm for the third standard STB (instead of £5 which it should be, at least it was when I signed up on March 5th).

The price I was originally quoted was £85 for the VIP plus another £5 pcm for the third addtional standard STB. Now I've been total that was wrong and its another £15 pcm, not £5.:mad:

This whole malarky is getting on my tits now. Four weeks after I placed the order and 2 installs later I still don't have what I ordered, no Multiroom, and now I've been I've got to fork out another £15 pcm on top of the £85 VIP package.

Unless someone can convince me to stay with VM now, I'm going to have to cancel and get Sky. I'm sure you'll agree, this whole process has been an absolute shambles.:( :mad:

prawncocktail
30-03-2007, 15:37
Hi again,

Can someone confirm to me how much the following would cost me per month.

The VIP Package and one extra standard STB? So that would be, 1 V+ STB and 2 standard STB's.

Thanks.

£90

kraized
30-03-2007, 15:48
£90

Thats what I thought. Then why are VM now telling me that it should be an extra £15:confused:

prawncocktail
30-03-2007, 16:04
Thats what I thought. Then why are VM now telling me that it should be an extra £15:confused:

i have no idea considering the standard price for an extra box is no longer £15 but £9.50, any additional boxes when taking a V+ are only £5, unless of course you want another V+ in which case you would be paying £5 for the extra box and £10 for the V+ service which adds up to £15

kraized
30-03-2007, 16:26
^ I really don't know why there is so much conflicting information. Noone seems to know what the products/services are meant to cost. Its just a total mess. Also forgot to mention I have also had my first bill. A bill??????????? I don't have the services I ordered. Why do I have a bill.