PDA

View Full Version : PCGuard Antivirus

djchapple
13-03-2007, 09:14
I have PCGuard on my two computers but on my laptop I get the message the antivirus is switched off and I get confirmation of this when I investigate further.

However I cannot find any way to switch it back on.

So I decided to reinstall it by downloading it from the VM website. When I try to do this by clicking on the download button I find that the Broadband advisor is downloaded.

So my three questions are:

1. How do I switch the Antivirus back on?
2. Why is the VM website downloading the wrong software?
2. Is PCGuard any good, should I be using something better?

gc10360
13-03-2007, 09:27
do you have the Virgin icon in you tray at the bottom of the screen (near the clock) if so double click on the virgin Icon and when the box appears, click on the my services Icon, you should be able to switch antivirus on there.

If there is not virgin icon in the tray (by the clock) then there should be an icon on your desktop (shortcut, virgin broadband pcguard) dbl click this and it should boot up PC guard.

djchapple
13-03-2007, 12:04
Hi there

Yes, I did this and the antivirus was shown as active, so I don't know what was wrong.

I phoned VM help and was told that the Broadband Advisor should load first and this in turn will download the PCGuard.

So I uninstalled PCGuard and then reinstalled it and it seem to be OK now.

Unfortunately this is like cracking a nut with a sledgehammer and I now have to re-teach the Firewall what is and is not acceptable.

Cougarxiii
13-03-2007, 13:03
Is the NTL PCGuard antivirus any good?

gc10360
13-03-2007, 13:17
Is the NTL PCGuard antivirus any good?

It is if you're on the L or XL broadband pack, then you get the full system with antispyware etc.

Can't complain when its free. (with free updates)

Cougarxiii
13-03-2007, 13:46
It is if you're on the L or XL broadband pack, then you get the full system with antispyware etc.

Can't complain when its free. (with free updates)

I have AVG at the moment but I may try the PCguard, like you said its FREE, cheers for the reply