PDA

View Full Version : Help - they killed my landline and c/serv no help

gillvvirgin
12-03-2007, 22:27
Where do i start....
friday i contacted c/serv to see if the new number they gave me was ex-dir, the guy i spoke to said it was and that i should go for the with-hold number.
ok no problems yeah do it. he advised he would ring me back, but as it was late friday and it took me 20mins to get through, i advised him just to do it and dont bother ringing me back.
WHAT a mistake
saturday i got up, picked my phone up..dead line, no dial tone, nothing
so phoned my number from my mobile to be advised that the number i was calling was not assigned..hmmm i thought looks like a mistake.
so mobile in hand called customer service, to be told you havent paid your bill and weve cut you off.....and she hung up
hold on tv ok and internet fine...hmmm bank says DD paid
2nd call yeah looks like the operator made a mistake well sort it out, ill call you back.......2hrs later nothing
3rd,4th,5th calls into india...to be put on hold, to be tranfered as they cant deal with call and o cut off
6,7,8 call all idiots cant deal with call and cut off
WHAT is it with the call centre, oops cant be bothered
9th call - really nice lady, runs round like a idiot to help, cant get a manager to speak to me but advises that theyll connect my phone on the 23rd march

hold on it took less than 12hrs for an idiot of theres to cut my line but takes 2weeks to sort it out!!!!
not good enough, well im sorry she said youll have to ring back monday as the call centre is closed and i cant do anything
monday...drop children at school/playgroup...silly thinking ill get it sorted
first call - sorry cant hear you, please call from a landline and she cut the call..:Yikes:

second call - got a manager at last..so sorry etc etc etc, explained fed up with no call backs and i want my line back on in 48hrs
cant do that, well i know that they have a emergency call out team, so hey yeah you can
told her that for everyday that my line isnt working i want compensating, said shed deal with that once line sorted, would ring me back before her shift end at 5pm
yep NO CALL:disturbd:

i wont swear, but you know prop how i feel...what now
emailed ofcom and filed a complaint, i have emailed watchdog as well as im hopping at the moment and all the calls i have made are via my mobile, so hey i have a record of the calls dear virgin

anyone think they can help .....please
i feel like im going crazy

gill

:mad: :Yikes: :disturbd:

MovedGoalPosts
12-03-2007, 22:47
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Sorry to see you are having problems. Cable Forum is independent of Virgin Media but we do have high level contacts who have proven good at cutting through the red tape on these issues.

If you want us to get them involved, kindly PM me some information: your account name and number, your address including postcode. The landline phone number that has been disconnected, your mobile contact number and ideally an email address.

gillvvirgin
13-03-2007, 09:13
i would like some help, as everytime i call i feel like im talking to a wall.
can you tell me how i pm you and i will pass the info to you - thanks for you help

gill

j.a.c
13-03-2007, 11:26
I work from home im self employed and work as a telephone operator. Well i lost 6-700 pounds in two weeks wages when my phone went down end of december and for every direct debit that went in i was charged 35 by my bank and sometimes 25 from companies on top of debits cos it didnt go through. I asked about compensation they said they would give me 20 pounds as a good will gesture!!!!! Now im sat at home with no phone from monday afternoon till some point wed losing more wages because they wont come out sooner and this is the 3rd time iv experienced problems and had to call this year. Last year my cable tv went down. They told me they had to dig up my street kept giving dates they would have it fixed no one showed or called. They dug up street after planning permission and it still didnt work then they realised it was a fault with a little silver connecter indoors all along........For three months i was told i would have to pay for the service i was not recieving afterwards i asked for compensation as had to get dvds to watch over hol season as dont have a house ariel and pic was rubbish. They said only form of compensation was the money i paid for the service i didnt recieve in english........we dont give any ha ha...... Yesterday when i phoned i said someone should come out quick cos im losing money They said I should pay the extra order the business line to work from and they would have fixed it within 24 hrs......So as an average jo bloggs they really dont give a toss about me>>>>>>>>grrr what can i do. I also had the operator email someone and get someone to call me back and no one has bothered......Told them i could lose my job and they say ha ha ....sorry to inconveinience you???????

gillvvirgin
13-03-2007, 12:15
well only advise i can get is that virgin media dont give a **** about it customers, ive been with them 4yrs, until now
i have been advised to take my complaint to the cisas as i have 3 young children and one being a diabetic
im also on call with my mum whos a diabetic, so i need to be able to rec a call.
luckily my business runs via the internet and mobile phone, so i dont rel on my landline.
my signal is rubbish at home and everytime ive called virgin they say can you ring from a landline
hahahahhahhahahahhahahahahhaahha
i would if i could but you killed by service for the phone and i have canc by direct debit and in the process of bouncing your last payment.
i have applied to immagrate which can take upto 3yrs
i suppose ill be there before i get any help from virgin....LOL

MovedGoalPosts
13-03-2007, 15:59
gillvvirgin, please check your PM's

j.a.c. sorry to see you have had problems too, but I think you do need to check the terms and conditions of use on what is a residential service. Simply put there is no service level agreement for such services, which is why Virgin Media are correct in stating that for such critical use, you should be paying for a business line.

gillvvirgin
13-03-2007, 19:32
i will hold off on giving the info, spoke to a guy in customer service today who was good (or seemed that way) even called me back...yipppeee
he has given me his full name and location and said that my line would be back on by the morning, will also ring me back tomorrow to see if this has been done, plus talk about compensation for all the hassle ive gone through..

so at the moment im hanging fire, but will be in contact if he doesnt do what hes said....
got everything crossed, the only thing is ill have a new phone number he said...well i dont care at the moment as long as i have a land line so here is hoping.....

gill

MovedGoalPosts
13-03-2007, 19:34
:tu: hope it does work out for you.

gillvvirgin
15-03-2007, 09:38
wow i really did think that after speaking to robert on c/s that i finally got through to a guy who would keep his word!!!!
NOT still no line, he promised that it would work by yesterday, so being the nice person i am, i gave him all day, he even promised to call me....that never arrived either...well virgin is total pants as far i am concerned, im on skype at the moment as i need to speak to canada on a daily basis, wow virgin the money you are losing, even 02 are getting my cash....LOL
ill pm you rob with the info, hope you can help, the next step is ind company who can take action on them..thanks gill

MovedGoalPosts
15-03-2007, 15:20
Details forwarded to our contact. They arent front line so don't expect immediate action, but they do have the power to bang heads and get to grips with issues. Do let us know the outcome.

gillvvirgin
15-03-2007, 17:55
thanks for that rob
it took ages to get away from bt and sky and for 4yrs been a happy ntl customer....shame they cant fix there mistakes, but i dont want bt back or i could have a line within 48hrs...lol
ill post as soon as i hear something...thanks for your help

gillvvirgin
20-03-2007, 21:22
davo
just thought id pop on and see if anything has changed, well im neally 2weeks without a phone line so hmm no
i have been told to email a lady in bbc, if you pm me ill pass you her email address, i know the more that complain the better, also i have richard branson address where you write to him, that is what i am doing, im moving off to canada soon and now rely on skype as a landline via the computer as i need the line for my son, tell you, virgin media is oing down the pan....QUICKLY

GILL

MovedGoalPosts
21-03-2007, 19:04
I understand that with a bit of persistent calling of VM by gillvirgin to CS, and also a check up by the forum's contacts, all is now well.

gillvvirgin
21-03-2007, 19:47
with a call to cs today and recording my calls and standing firm, line back on by 2pm today...yipppppeeeee
with rob's help, got a lovely phone call fron chief exc office to advise thats in there hands, nice discount and the pleasure knowing that he will make sure things will not go this far again.
Really impressed with Rob --- thank you, peace at last within my house knowing that i can make that call if i need to...

gill

vbnmu
21-03-2007, 23:26
I supose am gona have to make a final call to CS tomorow to request for them to sort their mess out.
Am so tired of having to chase up everybody so they can shoulder their responsiblitites.
Grrrr....