PDA

View Full Version : NTL 250 connection problems

winmau
11-03-2007, 20:11
Hi,

I hope somebody can help with my problem.

Currently I am connecting through a Pace 1000 box using the NTL supplied crossover adapter and AEI USB to fast ethernet adapter. This works fine at 1MB.

However last Thursday I upgraded to 10MB and an engineer fitted a splitter and connected it up to a NTL 250 modem. He removed the crossover adapter and said I needed to run the Virgin broadband setup CD.

Now the problem. When using the CD I get an error (00.01.1E.003E) saying it can't renew my IP address for my network adapter (DHCP). The light on the USB adapter is off as well. I've searched the forums and tried a few things such as rebooting both modem and PC and uninstalling the USB drivers, etc. Also tried connecting through ethernet but still no joy. When reconnecting to the set top box it works fine however.

Does the SACM need to be registered at Virgin and could this be the problem or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Paul K
11-03-2007, 21:27
Yep, ring them in the morning and explain to them and they can make sure the modem is registered and activated against your account. I do hope he checked your signal levels after splitting the line.

winmau
11-03-2007, 21:35
He did test the signals with a handheld device so I presume it passed.

Is there anyway to tell if the modem has not been activated before calling customer services? The rcvd light flashes occasionally. Does this indicate that it is registered or is it a red herring?