PDA

View Full Version : V+ not working (at all)

lordsnooty
11-03-2007, 13:23
Hi everyone.

I had two V+ boxes installed yesterday. One of them works perfectly, but the one in my room doesn't do much.

The problem is presumably my fault - shortly after the engineers left, I accidentally powered off the box (by unplugging the wrong extension lead, doh). Prior to that, the LCD on the box had displayed 'DIAG'. After that, whenever it went to boot, it would display a black screen, the Telewest logo, and 'Please wait, loading data'. It would display this for hours with no change.

So I found out how to get into the diagnostic menu, and got it back to the screen that it was on (2 of 12) prior to my having stuffed it up. Nothing happened, so I rang Vmedia and asked them to send the signal again, which they did - but nothing is changing.

I have an engineer booked (for next saturday! :cry:) but I was really hoping there'd be something simple I could do to get it running...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

JohnHorb
11-03-2007, 13:26
:welcome:

Interesting. Several other posts report that VM are not (currently) allowing more than one V+ box per connection. Could be a cock-up that you have two?

lordsnooty
11-03-2007, 13:30
Thanks - There are two seperate cables coming into the house, I'm sharing the one I use for my broadband, whilst a different cable was fed into the room downstairs. I'm not sure if that's what you meant?

Nikesh
11-03-2007, 13:30
Sounds like you've bricked the box...?

How did you get two V+HD boxes?! I'd be happy with just one... :rolleyes:

One V+HD box is usually allowed per household unless you were an ex-telewest customer.

lordsnooty
11-03-2007, 13:32
Sounds like you've bricked the box...?

How did you get two V+HD boxes?! I'd be happy with just one... :rolleyes:

One V+HD box is usually allowed per household unless you were an ex-telewest customer.
I need two - parents will use one, and I'll use the other.

And I am an ex-Telewest customer.

JohnHorb
11-03-2007, 13:35
Still strange that others have posted that VM are only allowing one per household during the initial rollout, which is why I said there might be a cockup in selling you two.

lordsnooty
13-03-2007, 13:52
Thanks to everyone that replied. An engineer came out yesterday and confirmed that the box had been wrongly installed, and it wasn't my fault at all.

Also, you can have two boxes. I am living proof.