PDA

View Full Version : 10Mbit for £17.50 a month?. Any better deals

flashyphotos
08-03-2007, 22:19
I am only an NTL/Virgon Customer for broadband, no other features,

Have had the 10Mbit service for just over a year, but feel the £35 a month is getting a bit uncompetative

Called Retentions today and said I was thinking of leaving as there seemed to be better offers around

I was immediately offered £17.50 a month, for as long as I stayed with Virgin.

Seems like a good deal, anyone on 10Mbit getting any better on a long term basis (Not interested in 3 or 6 months offers), want to get a stable price

I know some people dont agree with playing retentions for a discount, but I feel you should be able to push for the best deal available,..

Toto
08-03-2007, 22:59
10Mb for the duration of your custom?

Yeh, a good deal indeed.

etccarmageddon
08-03-2007, 23:08
I was promised 10meg for £10 a month last summer by retentions - they have consistantly missbilled me since and 'lost' the details of what was promised etc etc - so a long term deal from them means jack - they can still go back on it.

zing_deleted
08-03-2007, 23:09
ive just lost my 10 meg for 17.50 after having it for about a year but ive gone onto the vip pachake so its still agood deal

idi banashapan
08-03-2007, 23:50
I got 3Mb (turning to 10Mb on release) free for about 18-24 months or so, ending only the other month for telling NTL I was leaving... which was nice...

twinkle
09-03-2007, 01:59
i have had my 10 meg at 17.49 for the last 9 months .might go up now missus had sky installed on monday .phone and bb are ntl .am happyish with speed .more up reqd .512 is pitiful 1 up at least

Richy99
09-03-2007, 11:52
no wonder companies suffer when people play on the im going to leave unless you give me a discount, is the service you are getting satisfactory or is it a case that you dont want to pay the advertised price for what you get?

NTLVictim
09-03-2007, 12:16
no wonder companies suffer when people play on the im going to leave unless you give me a discount, is the service you are getting satisfactory or is it a case that you dont want to pay the advertised price for what you get?

Service satisfactory? It has to improve a great deal.
Why should we pay more than we have to?
Oh, and they phoned me, not the other way round.

Locky
09-03-2007, 13:24
Service satisfactory? It has to improve a great deal.
Why should we pay more than we have to?
Oh, and they phoned me, not the other way round.

Mod edit (Gavin): Abusive comments removed.

NTLVictim
09-03-2007, 15:13
I'm not an idiot.
They phoned me like I said.
I'm not a scoundrel either, I'm a *******.

kristoficus
11-03-2007, 20:44
Could some kind soul please PM me the phone number for "retentions"?

Been an NTL customer for over 4 years now... (4mbit) - Just say something along the lines of "I was thinking of stopping my broadband as there seems to be better deals around... before I do, are there any sort of offers Virgin can offer me?"

One of those quiet people that dont like chancing their hand :P

dcclanuk
11-03-2007, 20:50
Could some kind soul please PM me the phone number for "retentions"?

Been an NTL customer for over 4 years now... (4mbit) - Just say something along the lines of "I was thinking of stopping my broadband as there seems to be better deals around... before I do, are there any sort of offers Virgin can offer me?"

One of those quiet people that dont like chancing their hand :P

0800 052 9403

kristoficus
11-03-2007, 21:07
Just found this number too... which one would it be then? :P

0800 0730 591

dcclanuk
11-03-2007, 21:29
the one i gave is for EX NTL!

howudoinn
12-03-2007, 16:31
I feel that ive just been robbed i had been getting my 10mb broadband for £17.50 for about 1 year and today was my time to call back to get it renewed but the guy i got told me that the half price 10mb had been withdrawn and the best he could do was £25 a month for life and he would credit my account with £5 for the next three months.

Whilst i was on the phone i asked him about the 20mb rumour and he confirmed that it would start rolling out at the end of April beginning of May but it would cost £37.99 a month

Florence
12-03-2007, 16:44
0800 052 9403

They have this set to drop the call if you hang on when they are busy telling you to call back another time. :)

lordy
12-03-2007, 21:41

1. I think if you check profits , these companies are not suffering.

2. Capitalism.

3. Supply and Demand. If people didnt have a choice, VM wouldnt offer the deals. I'm sure VM could even call their bluff (for the people that are bluffing and have no intention of leaving), that would probably be a lose-lose scenario. If VM were on tight margins they would not offer 50% discounts.

Also there is nothing wrong with not wanting to pay advertised price!

Lordy

dannyoneill
13-03-2007, 10:02
So if I phone retentions, and tell them that I can get 16mb broadband from Sky for £10 and thinking of switching they may offer me a deal?

All I really want is 10mb but withou the extra cost :p:

carlitos
14-03-2007, 01:24
let us know how it goes danny

Rik
14-03-2007, 07:03
Whilst i was on the phone i asked him about the 20mb rumour and he confirmed that it would start rolling out at the end of April beginning of May but it would cost £37.99 a month

But?

Thats not a but in my book.

£37.99 for a 20MB line is a bloomin bargain in my eyes. :)

If its as good as 10MB in my area I cant wait!!! :dunce:

If people begrudge paying the price for 10MB, they should downgrade in my opinion.

akki007
14-03-2007, 09:31
I get XL TV, 10meg Broadband and free evening and weekend phone calls for £26 per month. :Yikes:

fleamcd
14-03-2007, 09:48
Ive just phoned up virgin,
i told them i was thinking of leaving as i wasnt happy,
i got offered half price broadband for 3 months(17.50 a month),
I told them my mate got offered 10 meg broadband at £25 for life,
as someone posted on here saying they had been offered that,
only to be told thats only for people that get all 3 packages from them.

I did get told to phone up again in 3 months to see what other special offers they have.
(I was on hold for 20 minutes at 9am in the morning)
I was quite happy with my broadband service,
(but the customer service side is shocking,
as is the random direct debit dates)

i guess im just a bit upset that a few of my mates get offered all different things by saying they are leaving,
(1 of them has said shes leaving for over 2 years,and gets offered allsorts of deals)
while loyal customers get offered nothing at all unless they to start making a fuss.
:mad:

dannyoneill
14-03-2007, 11:41
Just phoned them and im happy.

They changed me to a new package which includes Talk unlimited and 10mb broadband for just 95p more than im paying now. So about £36 in total for the phone and BB :shocked:

Talk unlimited means I can call any 01 or 02 number day or night and wont be charged a penny (max length 59 mins but you can hangup and redial).

So considering 10mb broadband is £35 on its own and talk unlimited is £25 Im happy. Ive got more for next to nothing more in cost.

EDIT: Oh, and I did it nicely nicely. Said I was thinking of upgrading my speed and shopped around, saw others were cheaper. Said I had no problems with virgin, all well just could get it cheaper. She went off, came back and offermed me £60 worth of services for £36.

EDIT2: And a few moments later
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/03/52.png (http://www.speedtest.net) https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/03/53.png

rajravat
17-03-2007, 10:07
Im currently on the 4mbit service, i rang them up and said i didnt feel they were as competitive as sky/talk talk and if they could offer me anything before i decided to switch, they ended up offering me 4mbit for £10/month, i asked whether this was a longterm agreement or for x amount of months, i was told it was for the next 12 months and would be effective from my next bill date. im pretty pleased with the outcome!

AntiSilence
17-03-2007, 10:13
Well, I phoned them up the other day to move up to 10Mb from 4Mb and offered the 10Mb for £17.50 for the first three months. Nice.

Will wait and see as to whether they get the bill right now though!

barf0r
18-03-2007, 17:47
I've just been with NTL since November. All I have is the 2mbit internet. £18 a month.

Could I phone up and ask them to change me to 10mbit if I say I'm leaving? Or do you have to have been with them for a year first before I could leave anyway?

AntiSilence
19-03-2007, 07:08
You'll be in a 12 month contract.

dannyoneill
19-03-2007, 10:05
I think what they offer depends how long youve been with them and how much money youve put their way.

Im dead chuffed with my £36 for life deal.

DeanSupreme uk
19-03-2007, 16:52
Hi everyone:) First post but been browsing the site for some time now...Anyways are 3month £17.50 deal ran out the other day so just rang up NTL again and they gave me another 3months at £17.50 plus knocked some money from are tv package as well..Now if this keeps up they will deffo keep my custom.

barf0r
19-03-2007, 17:29
Did you threaten to leave again? Or just ask for the better price again?

DeanSupreme uk
19-03-2007, 17:53
Did you threaten to leave again? Or just ask for the better price again?

No actually rang up about direct debit problems we were having with them.The bloke my g/f talked with just did it automatically for us and said we need to ring every 3 months to roll it over..Not sure how many times they are gonna do it for but so far so good:)

captainbirdseye
20-03-2007, 13:11
Took many calls to get through...instant 17.50 pm for my 10meg.....expires after 3 months - then call back...20meg rolling out very soon I was told.

Vlad_Dracul
21-03-2007, 18:59
I have today phoned to cancel my services (2mb BB). My reason was not that i wanted to bluff/broker a deal. My reason was that i do not see any reason why i should pay £18pm for a service which new starters are being offered for £10pm for 12 months. I was told that i would be put on the £10 offer for 12 months. I would like virgin to adopt a strategy of adopted one set of charges for all and not a second set for those who bother to ring and do deals. This will never happen of course becuase its not good business. The vast majority of people will go on paying their £18pm without even knowning they dont have to.

Locky
21-03-2007, 19:21
I have today phoned to cancel my services (2mb BB). My reason was not that i wanted to bluff/broker a deal. My reason was that i do not see any reason why i should pay £18pm for a service which new starters are being offered for £10pm for 12 months. I was told that i would be put on the £10 offer for 12 months. I would like virgin to adopt a strategy of adopted one set of charges for all and not a second set for those who bother to ring and do deals. This will never happen of course becuase its not good business. The vast majority of people will go on paying their £18pm without even knowning they dont have to.

so you did phone for a lower price you just phrased it differently, i am glad they denyed u, have fun with adsl :)

dcclanuk
21-03-2007, 19:27
so you did phone for a lower price you just phrased it differently, i am glad they denyed u, have fun with adsl :)

am i missing something? I understood that person got the deal for £10 a month???

and people, plz stop going on about the ADSL rubbish. We all dont live in the countryside of Wales!

c1rcle
21-03-2007, 20:46
Why is everyone always in such a rush? what the heck do you need the 10Mb speed for? you downloading illegal movie files or something?

Knowing my luck if I phoned up I'd end up being cancelled, which is what should happen to the crooks phoning up pretending they're going elsewhere just to get a discount.

Druchii
21-03-2007, 23:10
I just asked what they could offer me today, they said 10Mb BB, Talk Unlimited w/ Call Barring and FreeTV. £35.70 a month. I'm impressed, we've been with them a year now :)

Sadly, 10Mb bb in my area is a joke, but to get the phone for 70p is well worth it :)

Vlad_Dracul
22-03-2007, 16:46

Perhaps you need to re-read my posting for clarification.

I phoned with the intention of cancelling and moving to a cheaper adsl deal. I do not need speed, i just need reliability and economy.

Howver,as the guy offered me my broadband service for £10 pm instead of £18pm,i could hardly refuse.

IMHO it seems hardly worth having higher and higher speeds since often you are still waiting for throughput becuase the servers on the other end can't service you quickly enough.

Locky
22-03-2007, 19:50

I phoned with the intention of cancelling and moving to a cheaper adsl deal. I do not need speed, i just need reliability and economy.

Howver,as the guy offered me my broadband service for £10 pm instead of £18pm,i could hardly refuse.

IMHO it seems hardly worth having higher and higher speeds since often you are still waiting for throughput becuase the servers on the other end can't service you quickly enough.

My reason was that i do not see any reason why i should pay £18pm for a service which new starters are being offered for £10pm for 12 months. I was told that i would be put on the £10 offer for 12 months.

nope, i am sure i read it correctly the first time.

barf0r
24-03-2007, 17:38

how long you been with NTL?

Vlad_Dracul
24-03-2007, 18:33
how long you been with NTL?
Must be 3 or 4 years now...

alferret
25-03-2007, 14:52

Locky, why jump on someone for using their smarts and getting someting othesr pay for cheaper, wether or not they need the speed is their issue not yours, just becasue you download crate loads of stuff off of torrents\usenet and get shaped to hell dont get uppity with those that use ther net for more "legal" uses like surfing the "net" You want more pay for a businness line.

Locky
25-03-2007, 15:15
Locky, why jump on someone for using their smarts and getting someting othesr pay for cheaper, wether or not they need the speed is their issue not yours, just becasue you download crate loads of stuff off of torrents\usenet and get shaped to hell dont get uppity with those that use ther net for more "legal" uses like surfing the "net" You want more pay for a businness line.

ok if poeple was crying for discount vm would have more money to purchase more capacity and wouldnt have to shape..

alferret
25-03-2007, 15:27
Dont you mean if people were not crying for a discount?

At the end of the day anybody and everybody will try to get the best deal they can at the very best price.

If I were to go into a car showroom and pay 15k for a car thats ok, but if i phoned around and managed to get it for 13k then Kudos to me dont you think?

Locky
25-03-2007, 16:19
by thesame logic you would go to asda get £120 worth of shopping and at the till say i am not happy with your service i am only giveing u £60 ?

Druchii
25-03-2007, 16:23
by thesame logic you would go to asda get £120 worth of shopping and at the till say i am not happy with your service i am only giveing u £60 ?
It's frowned on, but aren't supermarket prices only suggestions anyway? Not quite sure if you can haggle in a supermarket mind...

alferret
25-03-2007, 16:24
by the same logic you mean what?????
did I say I shop at asda? no I said if I phoned round and found one cheaper, not that your service is crap so i'll give you 50% of your asking price. Where's your logic man LMAO.

Locky
25-03-2007, 17:42
well dru understood it fine, grow up

alferret
25-03-2007, 18:05
well dru understand it fine, grow up

su un niño sangriento usted cultiva u

Obviously you dont understand it do you LMFAO telling me to grow up.

EDIT***

Oh and by the way learn to type and speak English the way its meant to be written and spoken, maybe people would respect you for that.

Grammer and manners costeth nothing.

Locky
25-03-2007, 19:11
damn u realy are stupid as for respecting my elders, not when they are a result of generations of inbreading, please never try to be funny and get your jeriatric self out of the house !!

alferret
25-03-2007, 20:03
Inbreeding lol, looked in a mirror lately mate :P

And I think you will find its Geriatric with a "G" not a "J" does that come from inbreeding lol.

Here is a link to the word Geriatric (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/geriatric) for your future reference.

Back on topic now please.

mik100
26-03-2007, 20:20
i'm with vm at the min 10mb £35 but I mite try https://www.bethere.co.uk/
for £24 a month in july when it comes to my townuplaod great aswell

Vlad_Dracul
27-03-2007, 08:36

With respect that is not a comparable situation. To be comparable to my situation it would be...hey the guy in front of me has a trolley which has exactly the same contents as mine. The guy in front at the till in the Asda pays £10 for his groceries,when i arrive at the till,I am charged £18. Would i not then feel that i too should pay the same?

Druchii
27-03-2007, 08:44
With respect that is not a comparable situation. To be comparable to my situation it would be...hey the guy in front of me has a trolley which has exactly the same contents as mine. The guy in front at the till in the Asda pays £10 for his groceries,when i arrive at the till,I am charged £18. Would i not then feel that i too should pay the same?
Then ring up and get a better deal... Christ.

Vlad_Dracul
27-03-2007, 09:32
Then ring up and get a better deal... Christ.

No no no Druchi...let me explain,,way way back in this thread i mentioned that i had been quietly paying £18pm for my 2mb BB connection and that i was happy with the service etc etc. I then noted that Virgin ,on its website,was offering the same product to new customers only for £10 pm 12 month deal. I do not subscribe to this new customers only thing and have complained to NTL a few times about it. I therefore phoned to cancel with the intention of moving to an ADSL deal with another supplier. That was my intention. I was then offered the same deal as the new customers.

At that point "LOcky" jumped in and questioned my motives and was insistant that when i rang,it was with the intention of hacking out a deal and NOT my intention to leave at all. I didnt bother to follow up that much as i could tell there would be no convincing Locky of my motives..the thread then continues from there....

its ok,your excused.. :)

lani9loo
27-03-2007, 12:22
Hey all - I'm currently paying £9.99 a month for 10mb, which will continue when 20mb kicks in, it's set for 12 months, only got the deal again last month.

Druchii
27-03-2007, 12:58
No no no Druchi...let me explain,,way way back in this thread i mentioned that i had been quietly paying £18pm for my 2mb BB connection and that i was happy with the service etc etc. I then noted that Virgin ,on its website,was offering the same product to new customers only for £10 pm 12 month deal. I do not subscribe to this new customers only thing and have complained to NTL a few times about it. I therefore phoned to cancel with the intention of moving to an ADSL deal with another supplier. That was my intention. I was then offered the same deal as the new customers.

At that point "LOcky" jumped in and questioned my motives and was insistant that when i rang,it was with the intention of hacking out a deal and NOT my intention to leave at all. I didnt bother to follow up that much as i could tell there would be no convincing Locky of my motives..the thread then continues from there....

its ok,your excused.. :)

:blush: Sorry about that then.

Currently getting all the thing listed next to my username for £35.70 a month, they told me to ring them to arrange a better deal after my 12month contract was up. Very nice of them :D

barf0r
27-03-2007, 15:11
I think the only way to express what is happening is by saying:

This will cost you £100 unless you call this number. Then it will cost you £50.

Its Virgin you want to be angry at for offering the lower prices for people who call, not the people who have the sense to pay the lower prices rather than the higher one - for exactly the same thing.

Hex
27-03-2007, 15:26
And what happens if everyone calls, every single customer. More and more discounts until the company cant afford to discount any more, but if they stop providing them, people will say "well if they're getting it cheaper and I cant, I'm leaving" so they loose customers, meaning more money gone.

So where is all the investment in network upgrades, speed upgrades etc going to come from? Or would you rather happily keep pulling in discounts until a company folds under debt, then happily move on and repeat with another company?

Of course, it's unlikely that every customer will, so why should you worry?

Just my :2cents:

barf0r
27-03-2007, 15:50
And what happens if everyone calls, every single customer. More and more discounts until the company cant afford to discount any more, but if they stop providing them, people will say "well if they're getting it cheaper and I cant, I'm leaving" so they loose customers, meaning more money gone.

So where is all the investment in network upgrades, speed upgrades etc going to come from? Or would you rather happily keep pulling in discounts until a company folds under debt, then happily move on and repeat with another company?

Of course, it's unlikely that every customer will, so why should you worry?

Just my :2cents:
That is Virgin's problem for offering it though.

You can't blame people for wanting to save money when all they have to do is make a simple phone call.

You are basically trying to blame the customers for Virgin making offers they possibly can't support. It is completely Virgin's problem if everyone wants 10meg for £17.50

DeanSupreme uk
27-03-2007, 16:20
I can't believe some people are actually moaning at other members for ringing up and getting a better deal....Enjoy paying full price..Suckers!

Biggus
27-03-2007, 16:41
...but as with most companies, more profit is exactly that, why would they then "waste" it on providing more bandwidth etc. when they can just use traffic shaping?

I have my 10Mb BB at "half price" for 6 months (£17.50) due to the awful cockup NTL made when my STB failed early last December. I was given a date almost 2 weeks after calling to report the fault, to which nobody turned up, then I called again to be told that someone would turn up on Christmas eve morning (which they did), only to find that the replacement box was also faulty (after waiting 1.5hrs for it to intialise etc.). I then called faults again to be told that I couldn't arrange for another engineer until Jan 2nd, at which point I then told them to forget it, and then called Sky who installed it on Sat 30th Dec as promised.

Terrestrial TV is crap for the majority of times, but having to put up with only 4 channels over Christmas wasn't much fun for the kids either (Freeview is not an option here).

Rang CS on the 2nd Jan to cancel my NTL and asked for a rebate on my advance charges plus a sweetener to keep me from losing the phone & BB as well (which is as above), also got £9pm knocked off the Talk24 to bring it inline with other companies similar offerings.

I've been with NTL for nearly six years and been mostly happy with it, but incompetence at that level doesn't deserve my money, which they took anyway despite me telling them not to (as it was an advance charge). They also cannot even seem to get this "half price" thing sorted, as they've charged me full price for it so far, and if it's not sorted by next month, I'll be removing all services from them.

PowerUser
27-03-2007, 18:22
Let's hope then that Virgin stamp out the fakers.

The new launch ad should have small print that reads:

XL 20mb service applicable only to those not on special deals. ie retensions

"Want to enjoy the UK's fastest download speeds?" Then PAY for it.

;)

NTLVictim
27-03-2007, 18:33
Or negotiate and save money, if you have a brain...

DeanSupreme uk
27-03-2007, 18:37
And what makes you think people are faking it??I know plenty of people that are or have moved to Sky because of the price..Lets see how many good deals or upgrades you get when they have only a small ammount of customers because they fecked off to Sky.

PowerUser
27-03-2007, 18:39
Or negotiate and save money, if you have a brain...

I have one thanks, that's why I don't resort to sarcasm.

And what makes you think people are faking it??I know plenty of people that are or have moved to Sky because of the price..Lets see how many good deals or upgrades you get when they have only a small ammount of customers because they fecked off to Sky.

I just read the many posts on here that boast about moaning to VM to just to save a buck. I wish your last statement were true but people don't feck off to sky do they,!! Why! because Sky are crap!. they don't deserve our money, So are we not treating Virgin the same as Sky by winging for discount when there service is so much better then there's

I can't change the way people think, I'm not trying to, I'm trying to protect my good service from VM by hoping they won't make the same mistake as NTL and give people ridiculous deals and lose revenue.

NTLVictim
27-03-2007, 19:08
"I have one thanks, that's why I don't resort to sarcasm."

If you really had one, you'd cut a better deal.

PowerUser
27-03-2007, 19:13
"I have one thanks, that's why I don't resort to sarcasm."

If you really had one, you'd cut a better deal.

And again...ahh what's the point!. If you can't understand mine above!. There's no hope for you. :rolleyes: I guess it's easier to pick up the phone and have a moan then to understand the consequences.

DeanSupreme uk
27-03-2007, 20:35
No matter what you say PowerUser people are going to Sky..Like i said i know people who have or who are because of the price of NTL.I get where you are coming from paying the full price and that it is better for the company and us in the long run but like anything if you see a better deal your gonna take it.

NTLVictim
27-03-2007, 22:13
I didn't pick up the phone, they phoned me.

Mechanicus
28-03-2007, 00:18
I can't believe some people are actually moaning at other members for ringing up and getting a better deal....Enjoy paying full price..Suckers!

This ^ Oh so very much this!

It's getting to the point where I just want to stick my metaphorical fingers in my metaphorical ears and metaphorically shout "Lalalala I can't hear you". But... you know... digitally...

If you braindeads want to pay full price, then by all means do so. But don't try to act morally superior and think you are saving the company by taking a reaming on the price.

I am currently on 10mb for £17.50, with 1 month left. When that is nearing, I fully intend to phone up 150 and negotiate a better/same deal. If that doesn't work, I will go to retentions and try there. The fact of the matter is, if you can get it cheaper, why wouldn't you? Is you last name Branson? Do you own shares in Virgin?

When I joined NTL for broadband (Phone/TV customer for 11 years), I was told by the staff at NTL to phone up for another discount once the initial one had ended. By the staff! They told me to get a discount!

otguk
28-03-2007, 07:39
Am VM.... So I have a serves that costs me £2.50 to brake even. So I look around and see what the market place is offering the same servers for and see £30 is a good price.

So if I can sell it at that price I make £27.50 per costumer, nice :-)

So i sign up 10 people at said price but I have two how ring asking to canel so i say wait a minute let me look at them figures again, now I can offer the deal at £15 and still make money.

Now do i feel bad and offer the deal to all the people who have signed up or shall i make as much money as i can.

So who is getting the bes deal, the 8 on £30 who have done there searching around, they came to me or the two who asked for a better deal.

Or should I have said to the two who rang up ok bye, loss £60 or should i offer them a deal and keep getting £30 making me £25.

If in x amount of months I had everyone on £2.50 a month and people still wanted it for less then I would have to say sorry its time for you to go.

Why as customers are we bitching about what we can get and can not get.

As one we can all get the same deal.

Then what do i know I canceled over less than £4 extra to pay.

micken
28-03-2007, 23:14
su un niño sangriento usted cultiva u

Obviously you dont understand it do you LMFAO telling me to grow up.

EDIT***

Oh and by the way learn to type and speak English the way its meant to be written and spoken, maybe people would respect you for that.

Grammer and manners costeth nothing.

You really got him there! I hope he does improve his grammar.:naughty:

mart18
29-03-2007, 16:30
I don't think a deal should be made unless there is a problem with the service, that's not even your fault,
e.g My area is jammed packed, thus having shoddy internet
The engineer that came out today suggested i ring retentions and say i don't want to be paying for a service thats not being given to me, as they don't have a 'fix date' for the UBR thing.

PowerUser
29-03-2007, 22:12
I don't think a deal should be made unless there is a problem with the service, that's not even your fault,

Thankyou!.

P.s have you also noticed also that alot of those on retention deals are hammering the crap outta there connection as well.!!..More fool VM. Just feel sorry for Mr X down the road who's wondering why he's connection is so shot to crap and he's paying £35 per month, little does he know the freeloader down the road is causing all the grief. :rolleyes:

Mechanicus
29-03-2007, 22:42
Thankyou!.

P.s have you also noticed also that alot of those on retention deals are hammering the crap outta there connection as well.!!..More fool VM. Just feel sorry for Mr X down the road who's wondering why he's connection is so shot to crap and he's paying £35 per month, little does he know the freeloader down the road is causing all the grief. :rolleyes:

Aeeeeh, put up or shut up!

DeanSupreme uk
30-03-2007, 01:13
This is bugging me now...Why should'nt a deal be made??Every other company in the world usually make's you a better offer if you ring up to tell them you are going to another company for a better deal...What is it that bugs you PowerUser?Is it that people have the brains to get a better deal or that you just like to call people that have the commen sence to get a lower price if they can.....At the end of the day deal with it and stop moaning at the people who do have the sence to get a better deal...even if they are faking at leaving to Sky!!

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

Thankyou!.

Also who give's a crap about Mr X down the road...Cause i bet you he would'nt give a second thought about my speeds if he was hammering the downloads..More fool him for not ringing up and complaining...Cause if he did he would get a better deal.

twinkle
31-03-2007, 00:12
i know a supervisor for sky in the midlands .his broadband by choice is ntl.he can get all for nothing still chooses to pay for ntl .ntl bb dogz nutz

valor
31-03-2007, 04:05
the one i gave is for EX NTL!

Thanks been wanting that.

bish79
02-04-2007, 12:28
I dont feel sorry for mr smith who lives 4 doors down because he is a t*ss*r so me and my 3 neighbours hammer our connection (torrents) on the other hand, the one conversation i did have with mr smith he was praising ntl broadband saying how good it was! I really dont think maxing out connections affects others.;)

Richy99
02-04-2007, 13:22
I really dont think maxing out connections affects others.;)

yes it does

Locky
02-04-2007, 16:04
bish it does as it is shared bandwidth