PDA

View Full Version : do i need the cd for ntl 250

dj25000
07-03-2007, 00:09
hi...i was installing a workgroup for my friend to share the internet..now both of my friends can use the ntl 250 modem's inthernet port without havind to install any software and use internet ..not at the same time...i had aol once.. and i the broadband modem connected to usb...i had to install the software that came with the aol cd to connect to internet...then i used a small proxy software to share the internet..

now i tried the same process at my freind's house..but they didnt not have the cd...i downloaded the usb driver and installed it..but ot wont connect to internet...am i doing somehting wrong here..? or do i need the cd to connect tot internet through usb...?

if i do need the cd, can i ask someone kind enough to send me the software files i need. or a copy of the cd..cause the ntls are useless and taking ages to send a replacement one...

chers for the help....

DJ

MovedGoalPosts
07-03-2007, 00:16
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Unless you are trying to connect using USB the install CD from ntl / Virgin Media is not required. If you must use USB then you only need the drivers off the CD, nothing else.

If you want to use the same modem with more than one PC, only one PC can be connected at a time, and each time you swap connections the modem must be powered off then on, with the unused PC completely disconnected.

The network connections on the PC must be set to auto detect.

If you have previously installed AOL or any other software that specifies a connection, get rid of it, and ensure it's settings have been deleted.

dj25000
07-03-2007, 00:29
Thanks rob...i have to use the usb....i have intalled the usb driver which i doenlaoded off the net..but no internet ..aol was not installed on that pc..is there any way i can download the cd from somewhere or someone...??

and when u say have the network connection to be set to autodetect which settings ur talking about..the tcp/ip in the network connections..?

thanks...

DJ

Greebox
07-03-2007, 12:26
You may like to try Ambit Broadband (http://www.ambitbroadband.co.uk/Support.htm) as they manufacture Ntl: 100, 120, 200 & 250 and have a driver link for all these modems

dj25000
08-03-2007, 17:00
yes..looks like its justa matter of installing the usb driver..dont know why its not working...i will try it agin from sctrach....

in the meantime if anyone has any ideas pls share...

Thanks

DJ