PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports

Theodoric
06-03-2007, 14:35
Can anyone summarise the difference in content between Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2?

And are Sky devious enough to split each sport between the two channels so that you are forced to subscribe to both channels to get a complete coverage of any given sport?

AndyCambs
06-03-2007, 14:59
Or perhaps like Sky One and Sky Two, they just repeat everything?

lauzjp
06-03-2007, 15:08
sky sports one has the most major events. sky sports two usually hosts the golf or any event that clashes with premiership or championship football.

sherer
06-03-2007, 15:09
if you watch football then 90 % will be on Sky Sports 1

if you want any other sport i.e Golf, Rugby, Motor Racing, Darts etc then it will be moved about between all the channels

best bit of advice i'd say is go to the Sky web site and take a look at the TV guide then you can work out if you want one or the other or both

danielf
06-03-2007, 15:12
if you watch football then 90 % will be on Sky Sports 1

if you want any other sport i.e Golf, Rugby, Motor Racing, Darts etc then it will be moved about between all the channels

best bit of advice i'd say is go to the Sky web site and take a look at the TV guide then you can work out if you want one or the other or both

How about the multi-screen option for Champion's league group stages? Is that a Sky Sports 1 feature?

gazzae
06-03-2007, 15:23
Champions league is usually on SS2 and Xtra

Theodoric
06-03-2007, 19:36
Thanks for the replies.

So, it would seem that football fans are really going to need both SS1 and SS2. However, searching the Virgin site again, I see that as an XL user it would only be £16.50 to get both channels as opposed to £13.50 to get one.

lauzjp
06-03-2007, 19:44
and skysports xtra is handy for when the stray matches are on there! oh and if you like american football, that I think is usually on sky sports 2. :tu: so yes, it is better to get all of them! :D

Theodoric
06-03-2007, 19:58
and skysports xtra is handy for when the stray matches are on there! oh and if you like american football, that I think is usually on sky sports 2. :tu: so yes, it is better to get all of them! :D
I wouldn't mind, but all this hassle is on behalf on every member of the family except me!

PS Why do some people get upset when you say that football is only a game (especially after their team has just been hammered)? :)