03-03-2007, 18:40
Hi Hello To You First Time On Site And I Need Help Please
The Cable Coming From The Telegraph Pole Do Anybody Know
Where They Go To And Which Number In Master Socket The
Colour Wire Are Green White Orange Black And Three Yellows
Please Thankyou

Stuart
03-03-2007, 18:45
As I suspect you are on BT, and not virgin media (AFAIK, Virgin do not use Telegraph poles), I have moved the thread to the "Other Telco services" forum. As for your query, there is a guide at http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/wiring_info.htm which may help.

PS1
20-03-2007, 18:22
firstly mate,you can forget about using the "yellow wires" as they are in fact not wires,just thin pieces of steel that help in keeping the drop wire rigid and protected.The other four are actually two "pairs" of wires.
orange/white
green/black
ideally the orange/white should be used as pair 1(connected to your telephone socket) and the green/black as pair2(left as a spare or second line).:tu:

the first pair should be connected to the A & B connectors in the master(NTE).
hope this helps

Paul K
20-03-2007, 18:36
And if you know that little about telephone lines I would suggest calling BT before you screw up your line completely.

PS1
20-03-2007, 20:23
according to most of my mates though,i do very little and my job is so easy,anyone could do it.Phone lines eh,PIECE OF CAKE ARENT THEY.:dunce:

ntl engineer
23-03-2007, 12:43
yes they are a piece of cake but if you f**k it up ur f**ked but the white in B and orange in A that will work for you and if the line is still active watch you dnt get a shock off it

themelon
23-03-2007, 16:10
My BT Wire is so old it is not even coloured. Its like a black speakerwire, no colours in sight. I had to take this off when putting some new plasterboard on the walls, whats the best way to put it back or doesn't it matter.

Me, the stupid numpty! forgot to mark up the cables with some coloured tape or something!

Im not really interested in my BT line at present but if Virgin ever upset me I may consider switching, would they replace this old cable?

PS1
23-03-2007, 17:03
yes they are a piece of cake but if you f**k it up ur f**ked but the white in B and orange in A that will work for you and if the line is still active watch you dnt get a shock off it

yeah ntl "engineer" i suppose they are alot more simple on the ntl/vm network.