PDA

View Full Version : Gettint number changed

djmagnifique
03-03-2007, 00:57
A friend of mine has recently paid to have there telephone number changed by virgin a they were getting dodgy calls, nothing happned so they called up and were told that the £10 payment will be credited back to them and the number will be changed for free.

They asked what the new number will be and were told to dial 1475 as this will tell them what the number is.

they have tried this and it just gives a dead line (no sounds at all) and when they hang up the phone rings and is a dead line again and if they do 1471 it just states its a witheld number.

can anyone tell me if there is a number they can call to find out what there telephone number is or have they been told porkies?

cheers.

Darrenp
03-03-2007, 01:23
Try ringing a mobile or something but add 141 before the number, this should bypass the number blocker.

It did on BT anyway.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Forget that.

How do I withhold my number prior to calling?

Dials 141 before entering the telephone number you wish to dial.

:rolleyes:

Try
How do I find out my own telephone number?

Dial 1579 where a recorded announcement will read out your number.

http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/getContent.jspx?page=help_phone_faqs#withhold_my_n umber

Pia
03-03-2007, 01:29
Try ringing a mobile or something but add 141 before the number, this should bypass the number blocker.

It did on BT anyway.
Isn't that 1470 you mean? It un-withholds the number.

Darrenp
03-03-2007, 01:33
I edited my post long before you posted, correcting myself.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ----------

info4u
03-03-2007, 01:40
Incoreect Number

Dial 174 - This is free and its the Self number retrieval line
You should hear... "You are connected to 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0, I reapeat ....."

And allows at least 24-48hrs

179 Dial up internet
1571 Voicemail (if Subscribed to Free voicemail or on the chargable one)
Differences...
Free Voicemail is just the facility for people to leave messages but you cannot personalise the greeting, change the number of rings before the message is taken (5 rings) or access from another phone remotly, whereas chargable one allows all of this

Why isnt the free one automatically enabled
Not all want a default answer machiene with Virgin as they have their own Answer machienes, so its left up to the customer to call and request for this feature.

1471 Last no recall (If no available)

1471 Messages....

"You where called today at xxxxx The caller witheld the number"
Caller has intentionally witheld the number or is Ex-Directory with Caller ID Block

"You where called today at xxxxx we do not have the number to return your call"
Call from a company with a Switch board / Abroard which does not support Number Identification, This is not normally an abusive call but more of a neuisance call

"You where called today at xxxxxx The caller called from a network that does not transmit nos"
Normally abroard as the number is lost when travelling though countries that do not have the technology to pass on numer IDs
When you receive a call you hear a ring a pause a ring a pause

What happends is the ring notifies you of the call and the pause is when the number is sent to your phone.
Some countries with poor technology dont have up to date technology to read that number on the pause and therefore cant pass it on to the neighbouring country

By the time it reaches the UK there is No number available.

1470 - To UNWITHELD your number when calling others, handy if the person your contacting has Annonymous caller rejection

1478 - Turn on Annynous caller rejection (If subscribed to this)
1479 - Turns off annymous caller rejection (if Subscribed to this)

djmagnifique
03-03-2007, 09:10
cheers, 1579 works so ill let my friend know.

Pia
03-03-2007, 10:52
I edited my post long before you posted, correcting myself.
Yeah but you didn't say anything about the 1470 so i was pointing it out...;)

lucadam
03-03-2007, 11:20
does anyone know what this phone number may be 001111, when check last recieved call. tried phone but am told dialled incorrectly:confused:

Paul K
03-03-2007, 11:25
It's not a proper number.

lucadam
03-03-2007, 11:32
i know, but it has being calling when checking 1471

Paul K
03-03-2007, 11:43
Ask VM to look into it. Could be a fault at the exchange.