PDA

View Full Version : After install re-cabling

awibble
02-03-2007, 20:28
Question for the gurus here.

When i got VIP installed, the spare room upstairs was full of junk (we had only moved in 2 days earlier and had to dump everything somewhere). As that room is going to be an office, and i wasnt really intrested in the second box, i said just to leave it.

What im wondering now is if i could ask virgin for the cable i need and then run the cable myself.

I have a 2 way splitter at the moment, i want to disconnect the modem from the splitter, run a cable from where the modem was to the upstairs room, and then put a 2 way splitter at that end for the set top box and modem when the office is all finished.

I would need about 11m of cable, 10m to do the long run, and 1m to do the run from the splitter to the modem, and then use the existing cable from the split to the set top box, and a 2 way splitter.

Would they send this out?
If i baught it off ebay, would virgin techs support it in the future?

ntl engineer
03-03-2007, 17:55
Question for the gurus here.

When i got VIP installed, the spare room upstairs was full of junk (we had only moved in 2 days earlier and had to dump everything somewhere). As that room is going to be an office, and i wasnt really intrested in the second box, i said just to leave it.

What im wondering now is if i could ask virgin for the cable i need and then run the cable myself.

I have a 2 way splitter at the moment, i want to disconnect the modem from the splitter, run a cable from where the modem was to the upstairs room, and then put a 2 way splitter at that end for the set top box and modem when the office is all finished.

I would need about 11m of cable, 10m to do the long run, and 1m to do the run from the splitter to the modem, and then use the existing cable from the split to the set top box, and a 2 way splitter.

Would they send this out?
If i baught it off ebay, would virgin techs support it in the future?

if you do that they wudnt know about it but you need to av isolortors for the sacm and stb i wudnt advise to splittin it near the box