PDA

View Full Version : Terayon TJ210 , does it do 10Mb

jodenoy
01-03-2007, 12:51
I have been subscribed to the 10Mb service since it was started, and have complained frequently to NTL that at best I can get 6Mb from my aging Terayon TJ210.

Yesterday, I was informed by technical support that the Terayon would never do 10mb, and I should have been given a new modem. I am now waiting for an engineer to contact me about installing a new modem.

If this is correct, and I have been paying for 10mb and not been capable of receiving it, I want a refund for all the months I have overpaid.

I dialled 150, and was given the customer care address in Wythenshawe to write to.

My question is threefold, is it correct that my modem will not do 10mb, does anyone have a phone number for Wythenshawe, am I likely to get a refund?

Many thanks

Denise

MovedGoalPosts
01-03-2007, 12:59
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

The Terrayons did work OK until an recent update of software / firmware to QAM 256. There's a thread on that (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603266).

As a rule people haven't been getting replacement modems, unless they have reported a fault. The engineer visit should have been made there and then by tech support. Phone 151 again and report it asking for an engineer appointment.

As for refund, it's unlikely you'd get much, if anything. You are still getting a service, and bearing in mind that the 10Meg is the maximum, 6 meg is not that bad in the scheme of things. Any "refund" would only be for the period of time after a fault is reported and acknolwedged, and then only for the difference between what you have and should have.