PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help

gargoyle
28-02-2007, 23:46
I am on 4meg service with telewest, sorry virgin media and over the past week have been having the following problem.

Each night at approximately 6pm till around 10pm cable modem goes off line.

Surfboard modem has power, send and receive lights on constantly but the online light blinks at a constant rate, but never manages to get online.

Phoned tech support who said it was a ubr issue and also a problem with signal to noise ratio. Said they were aware of the issue but couldn't give me a date when this (if this is what the problem is) would be solved.

Anyone else having this problem, and are they correct with there reason.

personally I though it was too many people on the network and it couldn't cope. 6pm to 10pm is when I would imagine most people are online.

****ed of with this and I am seriously considering switching to another provider.

Sherlock
01-03-2007, 15:43
It's prob a combination. Between 6 and 10 there will be addtional noise on the line and more people will be using the network. SNR issues will cause your online light to flash. You'll just have to grin and bare it for now. :(

Paul K
01-03-2007, 15:47
If there is a SNR issue why can't they send an engineer out to look at your cab?

Sherlock
01-03-2007, 15:57
It'll go on a work list and be given a priority. As you have 'some' internet, it may not get fixed straight away. People who loose all their services etc will be given a higher priority and has their issues fixed first. If ya wanna get it fixed quick, set fire to your UBR. =)