PDA

View Full Version : V+ install 2morrow..now keeping old box so will installer do the extra work?

jackie105
28-02-2007, 15:28
Hi!
V+ install booked for tomorrow.
I spoke to retentions dept earlier today and am now keeping my old box for a bedroom.
I have been told to just tell the installer about keeping the old box and he will just install it.
Is that correct?
I dont want him turning up and saying he wont do it because its not on his job list.
Is there a number i can ring to get through to install queries?
Thanks!
Jackie

opelfruitcase
28-02-2007, 16:49
Hi!
V+ install booked for tomorrow.
I spoke to retentions dept earlier today and am now keeping my old box for a bedroom.
I have been told to just tell the installer about keeping the old box and he will just install it.
Is that correct?
I dont want him turning up and saying he wont do it because its not on his job list.
Is there a number i can ring to get through to install queries?
Thanks!
Jackie

The install tech will probably move the additional box for you, but if you wish to query the appointment, ring customer services - they will be able to confirm this for you.

jackie105
01-03-2007, 22:39
Thanks!
Lovely guy turned up and did the extra work no probs.
V+ is FAB!!!!!!!!!
:D

RUSTY
02-03-2007, 14:13
uhmm... V+ installed two days ago, samsung stb moved to another ground floor room, just as well as the engineer did not have any ladders, very polite and knew his job.he was ex sky.

brundles
02-03-2007, 14:21
You might want to call VM and make sure it's put on the engineers job card. When we had V+ (or TVD as it was back then) installed we'd agreed to keep the old box and have it moved but because someone hadn't put it on the job card the engineer refused to do it.

valor
02-03-2007, 14:33
Yeah some engineers are a bit miserable...but when I got my V+ the engineer installed my other box on the cable...its just a splitter

ntl engineer
02-03-2007, 15:28
by rights you shud av isolators on the end of each cable b4 the stb or the sacm

georgepomone
02-03-2007, 15:45
Hi,
I'm in Ipswich and we always have had good Engineers and installers here.In my experience anyway. I've just had the upgrage to VIP and the second box was put just where I wanted it with the install done just how I wanted. A real pleasant experience. Full marks to the young guy that did it.
You just have to remember that the Broadband is done seperately.I had to ring Customer Service as my speed hadn't been upgraded. This only took five minutes. The whole job was done in about 30 minutes and done well.
The second box is a Pace but it is only a month old so I am happy with it. As it's still on the old EPG I have Virgin Media and ntl :-).
Those V+ boxes are really something. Much better than I expected. If your install goes like mine I can say you will be really pleased.
Have Fun.
George.:clap: :clap: :clap:

valor
07-03-2007, 20:12
Agree...The V+ boxes are great but terribly slow with on demand...

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

by rights you shud av isolators on the end of each cable b4 the stb or the sacm

you sound like one of the good engineers;)
you go all the way from Cumbria to Leeds for work?