PDA

View Full Version : How many missed engineer visits is normal?

Wedgeh
27-02-2007, 13:29
I signed up for virgin services a few weeks ago now, broadband, tv and telephone. I'm at work when the engineer called, otherwise on the initial installation I would have pointed out that I'd ordered a V+ box which I didn't get and questioned the poor excuse that was given for the phone not working. I now have had 2 missed engineer visits to fix my phone and one due to install the V+ box. I'm also dreading my bill because I was given apparently 'free' upgrades to some of my services which I'll probably end up getting charged for. I've also had promises of callbacks from CS broken and am generally very hacked off that I can't get a satellite dish installed on my property. Please tell me I've just been unlucky and I'm not stuck with this disgraceful customer service for good.

EssDee
27-02-2007, 15:34
:welcome: to the forum.

Unfortunately your experience is not unknown when it comes to the customer service side of 'the company formerly known as ntl'. Unattendance of a tech is probably the most frustrating and unacceptable aspect of the 'service'. I have no doubt that a fair number of members of these forums have been there at some point! In that respect, I suppose you've not been unlucky then!

All you can do is deliver an ultimatum in terms of resolving your issues (fix it or remove it) and certainly ensure that you are compensated by discounts. It's rich that you have to pay if you're not in when a tech turns up on an arranged visit, but if it's the other way round then 'tough luck'.