PDA

View Full Version : help needed for my psp

jarvis149
26-02-2007, 17:36
hi there does anyone know how i can activate the WMA player on the psp without wireless connection i have the usb cable is it possiable to connect to the internet VIA the cable and also does anyone know of a good program to use so i can download films and stuff for the psp

cheers

Slyder
26-02-2007, 19:02
hi there does anyone know how i can activate the WMA player on the psp without wireless connection

There is only 1 way I know to get WMA enabled without wireless internet.

But you would need to downgrade to the golden 1.50 firmware (the best firmware by far) and install DevHook which would emulate 2.71 firmware. The WMA playback is enabled by default on emuated firmware. :)

jarvis149
27-02-2007, 13:30
There is only 1 way I know to get WMA enabled without wireless internet.

But you would need to downgrade to the golden 1.50 firmware (the best firmware by far) and install DevHook which would emulate 2.71 firmware. The WMA playback is enabled by default on emuated firmware. :)

doh!!!! iam a newbie at this how do you downgrade and what is Firmware

D_Skids
27-02-2007, 14:51
Best bet would be to go to an Internet cafe or somewhere that has wireless (a neighbour maybe?) and connect to that and then there is an option to check for updates on the PSP menu.
Make sure you follow the instructions it gives you to the letter.

This will update the firmware and give you the WMA option.

Also, if you have got any recent games, if you exit the game and go to the game menu, you should see an update file there.

Slyder
27-02-2007, 21:44
doh!!!! iam a newbie at this how do you downgrade and what is Firmware

Firmware is the system software the psp runs on. If you goto settings, you should find a System Software version. Report back and tell us what version your currently running. I would upgrade just yet, till we establish if your psp can be downgraded. ;)

D_Skids
27-02-2007, 22:05
Firmware is the system software the psp runs on. If you goto settings, you should find a System Software version. Report back and tell us what version your currently running. I would upgrade just yet, till we establish if your psp can be downgraded. ;)

As the guy is a newbie to this why are you trying to talk him into upgrading/downgrading to unsupported firmware that could turn his PSP into a brick!
If that is what you do, great, go for it. But me personally I would take the path of official upgrades. Mine runs fine with latest firmware and WMA enabled.
No offence to you Slyder but he appears to be an everyday user of his PSP and doesn't want to run 'unofficial' software and download iso's etc. Maybe in future when he understands firmware etc he may want to, but not at the moment.

jarvis149
28-02-2007, 12:06
thnks guys i will report back with the version when i get home from work :mad: if i have to downgrade is this easy because i dont want to trow 200 quid worth of kit down the drain

thanks once again report back soon

jarvis149
28-02-2007, 17:07
version 2.81 also its telling me the wlan is switch off how do i turn it on my m8 has wireless router

Acathla
28-02-2007, 17:22
switch on the left hand side of the unit, move it up.

Slyder
28-02-2007, 18:11
if i have to downgrade is this easy because i dont want to trow 200 quid worth of kit down the drain

You dont have to downgrade, I was only suggesting this as by the sound of your original post you have no way of getting access to a wireless internet connection.

Easiest way would be to take it to an internet cafe as suggested above which has a wireless access point and enable wma that way.

jarvis149
28-02-2007, 22:10
ok boys i'll try the cafe thanks for all your help

cheers