PDA

View Full Version : NewsDemon

Gordon_30
26-02-2007, 09:17
Has anyone else using this news server suffered a serious drop in speed as i have over the weekend and according to newsdemon there is nothing that should be limiting my speed

bigcat
26-02-2007, 12:35
Try changeing servers;)

useast.newsdemon.com
uswest.newsdemon.com
europe.newsdemon.com

Brainfish
26-02-2007, 13:57
Yep. The Europe server is totally unusable at weekends and has been like this for a while. But as bigcat says, just switch to one of the US servers

Gordon_30
26-02-2007, 15:50
I tried that already

A complete waste of time

AV8TOR
26-02-2007, 16:49
A change of port seems to help things out no end.
I'm only on what they call the basic package so can't connect to the alternate servers, but try changing from the default 119 port. For ME port 80 seems best.

Gordon_30
26-02-2007, 17:04
just to update

it's the same on all servers and ports

makes no difference what you select

newsdemon gone to the speed of a turtle on tranquilzers

My UseNeXT account is working fine no problem

grubbymitts
26-02-2007, 17:22
My Giganews dropped from 4mb to 2mb on Sunday night, so it's probably a weekend/virgin thingy. Back up to full whack this morning.

Oh, and UseneXT is well known to be a scam operator so be careful - many people have had their fingers burnt with them.

Gordon_30
26-02-2007, 18:18
Yeah my newsdemon dropped from from 1.17mb to 195KB/s on saturday afternoon and is still that now

I expect a drop in the evenings and at weekends but this this is less of a drop and more of a plunge

and my usenext account is a 14 day trial which i tried when newsdemon went downhill

cannot figure it out newsdemon refreshed my account twice

they recommend i contact my isp t find if my speed is been throttled

by the way what is the ntl/virgin newsgroups server address

and thanks for the usenext warning

MERCENARY JOKER
03-09-2007, 19:45
mine also dropped saturday night from 1700 k to 200-250k been on to them and tried everything they suggested all the diffrent ports and still no joy it's still like it now if it's not sorted in the next day or so i'll be jumping over to newsleecher!!i'll give them a try and see what happens!

DocDutch
03-09-2007, 19:51
Mercenary Joker :welcome: here mate... and yes I've been suffering this as well over the weekend but then today I was on around 1800 all the time. must've been something in their server park that went a bit wonky

MERCENARY JOKER
04-09-2007, 10:04
mine is still the same today!!was on to newsdemon again this morning before work and the chap says he fixed and it would take a few minutes for the servers to up date well that was 5 hours ago and it's still fu**ed!!balls to them going to cancel my account try for a refund and go else where!!

Agent47
04-09-2007, 10:31
I use astraweb and my speeds are bad at times.

xspeedyx
04-09-2007, 12:36
newsdemon seem to have alot of problems with virgin/ntl/telewest

K3ZZA
04-09-2007, 19:55
newsdemon seem to have alot of problems with virgin/ntl/telewest

Does anyone know if this problem with newsdemon is the same if using BT?
I have just dropped out of using fortenc usenet due to the speed dropping to around 56 kb/s during the day and am looking for a new usenet provider with a consistent speed.Any help would be most appreciated.thanks,kez.

xspeedyx
04-09-2007, 20:04
not heard any complaint from bt users

MERCENARY JOKER
04-09-2007, 20:05
i'm not with bt and still have the problem!!i'm with bethere internet

K3ZZA
04-09-2007, 20:27
not heard any complaint from bt users

thanks for the reply.will give newsdemon a try.all the best,kez..x

MERCENARY JOKER
04-09-2007, 22:21
well lets see how newsdemon like this i've opened a dispute with paypal,cant get a straight answer from newsdemon getting the same thing from them and they wont admit to there servers being down!!my advice is if we all do the same then they will have to fix the problem!!!!

Ben B
05-09-2007, 22:21
Yeah my newsdemon dropped from from 1.17mb to 195KB/s on saturday afternoon and is still that now

I expect a drop in the evenings and at weekends but this this is less of a drop and more of a plunge

and my usenext account is a 14 day trial which i tried when newsdemon went downhill

cannot figure it out newsdemon refreshed my account twice

they recommend i contact my isp t find if my speed is been throttled

by the way what is the ntl/virgin newsgroups server address

and thanks for the usenext warning

news.cable.ntlworld.com, news.ntli.net and news.ntlworld.com all 3 work, i use the news.cable one with no probs.

MERCENARY JOKER
05-09-2007, 22:36
it definetly the newsdemon servers i've moved to usenet and i'm now running at 16 meg like i should do!!!got my refund and canceled my account with newsdemon,wouldn't recommend them to anyone after all the bullsh*t they have been giving me over the last few days!!!

K3ZZA
05-09-2007, 23:05
it definetly the newsdemon servers i've moved to usenet and i'm now running at 16 meg like i should do!!!got my refund and canceled my account with newsdemon,wouldn't recommend them to anyone after all the bullsh*t they have been giving me over the last few days!!!

Which usenet have you moved to?
kez

MERCENARY JOKER
05-09-2007, 23:12
i moved to this one,one of my mates recomenned them....
http://www.usenetserver.com/en/index.php

K3ZZA
05-09-2007, 23:59

Thanks for that.will give them a try.Seems a better option with issues that have been raised regarding newsdemon.As i said before,i was with fortenc before,and was quite happy until it started dropping to around 56 kb/s.Quite a difference to when i first joined it about 2 years ago and it was running around the 400 kb/s mark!!
Also had my credit card thrashed by some f*** to the tune of nearly £2000.Got it all back though :) Funny thing was i have only ever used that card for 2 items..fortenc and newzbin,so,im sure that my info was leaked by one of them.Apparently i was using a "warhammer" site as well as booking coach tickets in the USA(which would be great if i could afford to go to the USA :)
Anyway..off to bed,so good night to all and happy times for downloading!
kez..x

LaineY
06-09-2007, 15:07
i use thundernews and its pretty much slow as pants too....

weird thing is .. the other nite i was downloading a movie.. and every 30 secs it was like 400 kbps (on a 20mb con with newgroups = pants) however it froze.. and stopped .. then a min later.. started dloading ... then stopped.. it was like Vmedia was restricting what i was downloading by actually CUTTING it and allowing me to do it in burst.

K3ZZA
07-09-2007, 20:21

Have joined usenetserver.com...this afternoon running at around 300kb/s.This evening running at around 60kb/s.
Tried all the usual stuff,changed router etc...no change.Anyone else getting this problem?Any solutions i could try?kez..x

iturnwrenches
29-02-2008, 05:59
Sorry Cable people, FIOS guy here @ 30mb/15mb, My Newsdemon account has also gone downhill starting Saturday the 23 around noon, I have done the server switch, port change, nothing has got my speed back up to my normal 3800k +, I have chatted with their live support every night from Saturday to now, tonight they will not even answer my chat request, my normal account, 20 connection unlimited SSL, looks to be capped at just under 500k no matter what server I try. when they gave me a test account of 1 gig, I was downloading at 3800k normal speed, when I switched back to my normal account, I was back to 500k, you tell me if they cap or not, so far there tech support has not e-mailed me the status of fixing my account. after talking to them for the last 4 working days, yes I’ll say it, they suck at getting back to a paying costumer too, So where else is a good news sever to try? I’m going to look into the one posted above my post; this has been to only place I could find to post how bad newsdemon has become in the last 6 days. Is there any other places to post about newdemon?

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

this is me waiting for newsdemon to answer my 3rd chat request:
Please wait for a site operator to respond.
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly

nemesis01
01-03-2008, 08:43
I did read somewhere that with Newsdemon once you hit a barrier of so many gb downloaded, they cap your speed even if you are on an unlimited tier, I had a similar problem myself so got in touch with them and they reset my account. That worked for like a day or something, capped again so ditched them and went to Giganews.

iturnwrenches
01-03-2008, 14:54
I ditched Newsdemon also and moved to usenetserver.com. last night i was getting my full 30mbps from them, first file in at 12:12, last file in at 12:44, it was 7.13 gigs. total, you be the judge. i looked into giganews, for a unlimited, SSL, 20 connection account was like $24 the first month and $29.00 after that, usenetserver.com is $17.95 a month for the same thing.

Have a nice day

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

BTW, you can pick up a phone and talk to the support people at usenetserver.com 24/7, no waiting for a chat window to be answered. i called a few time to check on servers locations, speeds and what does unlimited account mean to them. Guy said if i could get a TB downed in a day, have fun..... lol

|Kippa|
01-03-2008, 15:56
I use Astraweb and get full 20mbit all the time.

icemantaz
02-03-2008, 23:18
im with thundernews at the moment! for like the last week iv been gettin a maximum of 60kb! yes that right 60kb! mostly only 30kb tho! have tried everything too like different servers, different ports, 2 different routers, without a router! i gues im gunna change my usenet.

danmed
02-03-2008, 23:31
I use Giganews and use their giganews accelerator software(it allows SSL over the connection).. i get constantly maxed out speeds - around 2300 - 2380... not sure if it's the ssl or not but i seem to remember it being just as high before i switched to the Accelerator.