PDA

View Full Version : £37 month i get SKY+ and FULL PACKAGE + BROADBAND

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 13:47
I called sky to see what the special offers were, they're giving FULL PACKAGE + BROADBAND + SKY+ for £37 a month? WTF. IM WELL OFF TO SKY>

Downloads
25-02-2007, 13:51
If i believe you (which i don't) and it's a permanent deal, not a temporary one. What is a full TV package? Sports? Movies?

Derek
25-02-2007, 13:54
And what installation/equipment costs are there for this package?

gadge
25-02-2007, 13:59
If i believe you (which i don't) and it's a permanent deal, not a temporary one. What is a full TV package? Sports? Movies?
cant see it being perminent myself.:erm:

Downloads
25-02-2007, 14:01
cant see it being perminent myself.:erm:

Course it's not, you only get Sky+ free i thought if you had one of Sports and/or movies, i'd heard rumours this was going to be dropped at last, but it still stands at the moment. And that doesn't even mention cost of the box.

Roy MM
25-02-2007, 14:03
I called sky to see what the special offers were, they're giving FULL PACKAGE + BROADBAND + SKY+ for £37 a month? WTF. IM WELL OFF TO SKY>

Plus your BT line rental, and the phone package you choose, it all mounts up.

JohnHorb
25-02-2007, 14:08
Looks like the standard Sky 'See, Speak, Surf' package @ £26 per month plus £11 line rental. Can't see any mention of it including Sky+ though, unless that is a special deal to tempt VM customers. 'New customers only'

Paul K
25-02-2007, 14:21
Wow, there's a shock, Sky are looking to bribe VM customers with temporary package deals......
Bye, you'll be missed.. maybe

cookster
25-02-2007, 14:27
Strange as when I rang them up on Friday they offered me Sky TV, Sports, Movies, upto 16mbit BB and Sky Talk for £53.50

£20 activation for BB and obviously £11 line rental from BT needs to be added.

Still not a bad deal for £64.50 a month!!

breamhunter
25-02-2007, 14:52
Wow, there's a shock, Sky are looking to bribe VM customers with temporary package deals......

Yeah, VM would never do that would they :disturbd:

Toto
25-02-2007, 15:23

There is an advert in the Mail on Sunday about this deal, but if you read the fine print, you're no better off in the long run. That deal did not include Sky Sports and Movies as far as I could tell, which I believe is what they were comparing it too with the VM XL package.

dranny69
25-02-2007, 17:42
This info from a poster with 3 red things in just 42 posts anyone think he`s avin a laugh???

Hugh
25-02-2007, 17:46

Was this after or before this post from you on Friday night?
I Agree, I Quoted The Ntl Deal And Sky Bet It For Me, By Quite A Bit. As For The Sexy New Hd Box With Hd Channels, I Got That For Free Of Sky - No Joke, I Couldnt Believe It!

btw, good to see you got your keyboard fixed since then......

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 18:38
Was this after or before this post from you on Friday night?

btw, good to see you got your keyboard fixed since then......

I didn't get my keyboard fixed i bought a new one today at curry's. Why would i have got my kepyboard fixed, lol. saying that, if you dont have much money i suppose it may be a option, lol.

THEY DEAL I WAS OFFERED IS SIMPLE.

I called retentions, got put through to someone in livingstone who gave me sky+ free, and i simply pay £37 for everything apart from sport which was my choice, the sport is only £7 extra.

THE BROADBAND IS FREE TO EVERY SKY CUSTOMER ON A PREMIUM PACKAGE.

BT Line rental is £9.97

HENCE SIMPLY CHEAPER THAN SKY, I ALSO GOT £50 VOUCHERS AND A FREE RUGBY TOP AS USELESS AS THEY ARE.

I think ntl have lost the plot i really do, people are blind to the poor service their getting, unless NTL (virgin) offer me anything cheaper than sky i wont go back to their inderior equipment.

Edit Rob: Comment Removed

AndyCambs
25-02-2007, 18:40
Remembering of course that the broadband is upto 8MB and more likely to be just over 1MB for most users..........

dranny69
25-02-2007, 18:42
inderior? you got a cold dude?

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 18:44
Remembering of course that the broadband is upto 8MB and more likely to be just over 1MB for most users..........

Thats is such rubbish and virgin media propaghanda, what is up with you? 1 meg, thats laughable, it will be between 6-8 meg and you know it. thats like me saying ntl 10meg hovers at 1 meg, the ntl broadband varies more than adsl, look up any gaming magazine, they always recomend adsl over cable because of this. ping rates changing dramatically.

DO you work for virgin? honestly, its really scary.

Paul K
25-02-2007, 18:44
Some people are not worth the effort to reply to them ;)

Toto
25-02-2007, 18:45
I called retentions

So that deal you got was because you are an existing Sky customer threatening to go to Virgin Media?

I am really confused here, or you are. Your first post said you are off to Sky, right?

Or are you now staying with Virgin Media?

I think someone here is being economical with the truth.

dranny69
25-02-2007, 18:46
:clap: correct ( or is that spelt corpect????)

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 18:47

I'm astonished that people can even justify paying more for NTL just now before sky. really. The offeres are there, just look at their website, odn't make things up. I mean, are people on smack?

I would have said the same about NTL before but now there more expensive.

its really simple really, lol

I just dont get it?

And that geezer paul? He's like a Virgin Media propaghanda machine?

Does noone else but me think that theres not a big difference between sky and virgin media? Their both multinational corporations.

At the moment you get more with sky - cheaper. simple really.

dranny69
25-02-2007, 18:48
well, go then!

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 18:49
No i'm with sky, the rententions number is on the internet or through the leaflets they put through my door, not sure about your area obviously..

I'm waiting on someone sending me something online, a copy of anew ofer their doing, sky are preaching that its gonna sink NTL.

INC will do the same with virgin that the SUN done with other papers, reduce the cost down to a minimum and put the other put of buisness, simple.

Paul K
25-02-2007, 18:50
If you look at my profile you will see that we only take VM BB..... but then posting sensible information is not the norm for you is it.
Oh and thanks for the PM. Nice to see a well thought out response to a post. Also good to see that the swear filter still works in PMs.

Carl J
25-02-2007, 18:53

:rofl: Ya right ;) The average phone line is 5km+ in your world? We don't all live in the highlands of Scotland or the valleys of Wales ya know :)

Toto
25-02-2007, 18:54
No i'm with sky, the rententions number is on the internet or through the leaflets they put through my door, not sure about your area obviously..

I'm waiting on someone sending me something online, a copy of anew ofer their doing, sky are preaching that its gonna sink NTL.

INC will do the same with virgin that the SUN done with other papers, reduce the cost down to a minimum and put the other put of buisness, simple.

So...who did the Sun put out of business?

And in your firs post, let me quote it for you, just so you are not confused you said:

IM WELL OFF TO SKY

Now, Vicky Pollard speak aside, that would seem to imply that you are on your way to Sky from Virgin Media. I really think you need to be more careful when you post.

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 18:55
True, branson is a fool, ask any of his staff. He's pays minimum wage in his shops offers no pensions schemes, decided he's now a wannabe media baron cause thats the next stage up the ladder for him and peopel support him?

If you think he's a great man look at his virgin airline fligh prices? Oh thats right, lowcost then as soon as the other airliens pulled up flights went up 200%.

Same as his price fixing for cd's dvd's etc.

Wicked_and_Crazy
25-02-2007, 18:59
Who said Virgin Atlantic was a low cost airline?

MovedGoalPosts
25-02-2007, 18:59
We have a number of posters who are clearly supporters of Sky. We have another set of supporters that are supporters of Virgin Media. Lets try not to assasinate each other, just because you belong to one side or the other and remain objective with our postings.

harmonyinfo
25-02-2007, 19:03
:rofl: Ya right ;) The average phone line is 5km+ in your world? We don't all live in the highlands of Scotland or the valleys of Wales ya know :)
Well I live in Bracknell (heart of the computer industry, sort of). I live in an estate along with about 15,000 others that are too far from the Bracknell exchange to get anything more than around 1Mb on ADSL. Exchange is 5km away. So Virgin Media broadband is the way to go for reasonable speed broadband - no other option.

My old Sky TV keeps freezing too when I put it on for fun now and again. Must be a bird flying past the dish. Picture quality is much better on my cable box.

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 19:07
We have a number of posters who are clearly supporters of Sky. We have another set of supporters that are supporters of Virgin Media. Lets try not to assasinate each other, just because you belong to one side or the other and remain objective with our postings.

Your absolutely right Rob - well almost. I completely agree with you on the friction caused, was amazed me though it's a common buisness tactic used to increase advertising space and sell more goods.

I'm astonished that as always, the majority or working/middle class people are taking sides with a multinational corporation that otherwise would screw them given half of an opportunity.

If either virgin or sky wins a Media war, similar to the original tabloid wars of the 80-90's they will just increase prices. We should instead be criticising both for the completely disregard for customers services, low paid employment history and dodgy equipment.

THERE BOTH AS BAD AS EACH OTHER, its rediculous to say otherwise.

Do people really think things will improce if virgin taking the majority market? - prices will just go up?

That old divide and conquer eh, let them fight and forget we're feeding them s@@@@ so they dont annoy us.

As for virgin media, SKY needs them to have a share of the market otherwise they could be broken up under the current monopoly laws, similar to what happened with BT.

Bill C
25-02-2007, 19:18
well, go then!

Seconded :tu:

Stuart
25-02-2007, 19:20
So...who did the Sun put out of business?
An awful lot of newsagents. During the price war they started in the late 80's, they reduced the price to the consumer of the sun, but didn't go so far as to reduce their own prices to the news distributors and agents.

Most normal companies go out of their way to keep the people selling their stuff on side. Not News International. They are happy to bankrupt them.

True, branson is a fool, ask any of his staff. He's pays minimum wage in his shops offers no pensions schemes, decided he's now a wannabe media baron cause thats the next stage up the ladder for him and peopel support him?

Off topic and untrue. Where did Branson start? Oh, yes.. The Record Industry. If that's not media, I don't know what is.

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 19:22
An awful lot of newsagents. During the price war they started in the late 80's, they reduced the price to the consumer of the sun, but didn't go so far as to reduce their own prices to the news distributors and agents.

Most normal companies go out of their way to keep the people selling their stuff on side. Not News International. They are happy to bankrupt them.

Off topic and untrue. Where did Branson start? Oh, yes.. The Record Industry. If that's not media, I don't know what is.

LOL, i dont think by selling cd's in a record shop i could call myself a media mogul, lol, the produciton of sure, but the record industry isn't even covered by the NUJ is it, therefor im not going to delv deaper into the topic

JohnHorb
25-02-2007, 19:24
Methinks a bit young to remember - Branson started in the record industry before CDs were invented (I suspect, before you were born, in fact).

Stuart
25-02-2007, 19:27
LOL, i dont think by selling cd's in a record shop i could call myself a media mogul, lol, the produciton of sure, but the record industry isn't even covered by the NUJ is it, therefor im not going to delv deaper into the topic

The NUJ only covers news reporting. The Media is far larger than News Papers, News TV and News Radio.

TheBlueRaja
25-02-2007, 19:29
Sky is better, deal with it people....

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 19:32
Sky is better, deal with it people....

They can't, the have reached a destination where they feel attached to a brand which encourages loyalty beyond any kind of monetary insentive.

With even cheaper sky, substantially cheaper, people will criticise it

This is an text-book example to brand loyality, people feel attached to the brand - think about it - its genius.

TheBlueRaja
25-02-2007, 19:38
They can't, the have reached a destination where they feel attached to a brand which encourages loyalty beyond any kind of monetary insentive.

This is an text-book example to brand loyality, people feel attached to the brand - think about it - its genius.

Despite the fact that you have a level of rep points that i am quite frankly envious off considering you haven been banned yet (how did you manage that anyway?), i have to say that IF i understand you correctly, your spot on.

Peeps, if your not happy, move on, having been a Sky customer for over a year i can't recommend them enough - Sky+ may just be the best thing i have ever owned. Truth...

Toto
25-02-2007, 19:41

Actually, freakfunk, I'm attracted to a brand that has lived up, so far, to its promises of improving things for me as a customer. I have choice, a consistant service across TV, Telephone and Broadband.

Brand loyalty is exactly that, genius. Virign has been consistantly that, and I like many others were amazed that ntl cold rebrand under that name.

Looking in my inbox filter for my cable forum alerts, I have never had so many since the re-brand. It's getting people talking, its good press for Virgin Media, like it or not.

You prefer Sky over Vergin Media...thank goodness for choice.

Paul K
25-02-2007, 19:43
We have Sky TV, VM BB and BT phone, brand loyalty??? Hmmmmmmm. We just take a service from a provider that gives us a better package, the reason we are still with Sky is that at the moment we are happy with it but to be honest we went quite a while just watching freeview. Sky is not the be all and end all of our evening.

Stuart
25-02-2007, 19:48
Peeps, if your not happy, move on,

Now, that I can agree with.. That's the beauty of having a choice of suppliers.

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 19:56
We have Sky TV, VM BB and BT phone, brand loyalty??? Hmmmmmmm. We just take a service from a provider that gives us a better package, the reason we are still with Sky is that at the moment we are happy with it but to be honest we went quite a while just watching freeview. Sky is not the be all and end all of our evening.

LOL, 13000+ posts, lol

That people, is called a paradox - or what others might say is a little ironic, lol

Hugh
25-02-2007, 20:03
LOL, 13000+ posts, lol

That people, is called a paradox - or what others might say is a little ironic, lol

Did anyone understand the post above?

dranny69
25-02-2007, 20:05

attached to a brand thats only a month old, think about what your posting.
aren`t there any sky forums for people like this to post on?

freakfunk
25-02-2007, 20:14
attached to a brand thats only a month old, think about what your posting.
aren`t there any sky forums for people like this to post on?

Talking about the "VIRGIN" brand. I'm sorry, next time ill be clearer for people, lol.

The virgin brand is a lot older than 1 month.

Virgin Mary
25-02-2007, 20:21
LOL, 13000+ posts, lol

:clap:

Virgin Mary
25-02-2007, 20:23
Did anyone understand the post above?

Yes, it's crystal clear. What can't you get?

freak_funk_
25-02-2007, 21:08
Are Virgin Media matching the rumoured new offers that SKY will be doing?

zing_deleted
25-02-2007, 21:11
dont let the door hit you on the way out

Paul K
25-02-2007, 21:13
LOL, 13000+ posts, lol

Paradox? 13000+ posts since the begining of this board when a number of us members helped countless people with different issues? Some of us have high counts because we did what we could to help people when we had time to be on here. At least we post things that are useful or helpful to others.
Oh and by the way, I refuse to commment on the content of the pathetic, rude and childish PMs you sent Chi and myself, you just aren't worth the effort of pressing keys. I'll only say she won't be emailing "Mr Biggy" to get "jiggie" any time soon so don't hold your breath for an email.

Mick
25-02-2007, 21:17
Now I've just realised who this thread was created by - its now closed. Please don't register anymore accounts 'freak' - You won't win. :nono: