PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

Central
24-02-2007, 10:04
Got my landlord coming around today. Inspecting the house and hopefully offering us a new tenancy. The is the first time this has happened to me.

The house is tidy just a lot of stuff in here so a bit cluttered but its not in a mess.

Anyway we have only had one issue with the rent but we paid that back to him within a week and paid him a extra £30 to cover his charge from the bank due to our lateness. He was fine with this

Ooh i am so nervous.

Wish us luck :D

albert_the_dog
24-02-2007, 10:14
as you wish Good Luck

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/four-leaf-clover/index.htm :)

Hugh
24-02-2007, 10:17
Be*, good luck.

Bit of advice (if you want it) - one person's clutter is another person's mess; if you have time, put stuff out of the way, as first impressions are usually the most important ones.

Again, good luck..

zing_deleted
24-02-2007, 10:20
He will prob mainly be looking for the condition of whats his and then he will squeeze you for some increase in price. good luck hope it all goes well :)

lauzjp
24-02-2007, 10:53
hope things go well for you Be*, I'd be nervous too! luckily I'm a council tenant at the moment, I haven't rented privately in years - but will probably do so in the future... let us know how it goes.

Mike
24-02-2007, 11:36
Got my landlord coming around today. Inspecting the house and hopefully offering us a new tenancy. The is the first time this has happened to me.

The house is tidy just a lot of stuff in here so a bit cluttered but its not in a mess.

Anyway we have only had one issue with the rent but we paid that back to him within a week and paid him a extra £30 to cover his charge from the bank due to our lateness. He was fine with this

Ooh i am so nervous.

Wish us luck :D
You appear to be a good tenant so he is lucky too !!!

I 've had some really bad tenants in the past so if I have a good one I try and keep hold of them for as long as possible. Situations like this work both ways.

Mike

Halcyon
24-02-2007, 12:05
Good luck. I hope all goes well for you. :)

Pia
24-02-2007, 12:35
I wouldn't worry about a mess or anything anyway, he's not gonna end the tenancy if you been paying your rent, otherwise the house will have to be empty while he gets someone else in and he'll lose money.

Central
24-02-2007, 12:35
Well he has been and gone and our tenancy got renewed :D

Cobbydaler
24-02-2007, 12:38
Congratulations! :tu: :)

Halcyon
24-02-2007, 13:55
Excellent. Now go and celebrate :)

scrotnig
24-02-2007, 14:01
I agree, landlords have BIG problems with tenants wrecking houses and not paying the rent.

Be*, as you've been largely paying yours and the house isn't wrecked you will be like gold-dust to your landlord and I suspect your tenancy will be renewed for as long as you reasonably want it (short of the landlord deciding to sell up).

That's just how it is these days. I know from speaking to my landlord's letting agent that this is now an absolutely *huge* problem and landlords have very little chance of recovering losses if they get hit.

Tinky
24-02-2007, 18:15
Well he has been and gone and our tenancy got renewed :D

Well done Be* excellent outcome, good luck for the future!

Central
24-02-2007, 21:16
Thanks all