PDA

View Full Version : urgent help needed

byers23
23-02-2007, 13:29
i've had sky for about 3 years after my brother decided he didn't really want it in his room anymore. In those 3 years my sky box has has no satellite signal is being received shown about every day. I have to get an engineer to fix it about every month and that only seems to last about a week before it goes again. Sometimes my sky box is working fine then just turns itself off for no apparent reason. I got my sky fixed again about 12 days ago and thought it would be working fine because it had a few days when the satellite didn't go. Unfortunately it stopped working again about 3 days ago and now when i turn sky on it just says "no satellite signal is being received" and doesn't even show the channel at the bottom of the screen. There is no signal according to the signal test but the day that i lost my sky the weather was actually ok. The lock indicator currently says not locked but sometimes it says that then gives a signal minutes late. How do i solve all these problems? Do i need a new sky box?

MovedGoalPosts
23-02-2007, 13:38
hmm,, why the "urgency" if this issue has been going on for 3 years?

What have the engineers been saying is the fault. It could be the STB, it could be the dish alignment, it could be a dodgy cable connection somewhere.....

byers23
23-02-2007, 13:41
About 6 months ago they said it was the cable but then they replaced it and the problems stayed. Other than that they think it's the allignment of the dish but i don't know anybody who's dish only stays alligned for about 2 weeks before their signal goes again. The urgency is because i'm tired of my sky going and i want to see if there are any other reasons why my sky might not be working.

iain_herts
23-02-2007, 17:25
ok

how high is the dish. are there any trees where the dish is. have any of the installers replaced the LNB. does the dish look old. have they replaced the box. are there any joins in the cable

if u are still haveing problems after that many vist's i suggest u get a inderpent sky installer in

byers23
29-04-2007, 14:20
sorry about not replying to the question about the dish's position. It turns out that my the dish that was fitted wasn't the right kind of dish. I had it replaced a few weeks ago and my sky has been working perfectly since. it's nice to know that i can watch what i want now and not be restricted by no sattelite on some channels.