PDA

View Full Version : Quick question, do NTL/Virgin still charge to replace older 10mb incaoable modems?

Nilrem
22-02-2007, 21:24
as title really, do NTL still charge to replace older cable modems that are incapable of supplying 10mb?

I ask as i've got a 5-6 year old tailfin modem here* that never goes above 6mb, and i'm on 10mb.
I'm debating ringing and asking if the guy installing our V+ box could replace the modem at the same time.

I've had a look on the NTL/Virgin site but cannot seem to find an answer there.

*From the days when we had to buy our own modems.

RedDragon
22-02-2007, 22:01
The tailfin does not support 10 meg and should be replaced free of charge by a tech.

Nikesh
22-02-2007, 22:06
You should be able to get a free replacement seeing as the service you are paying for (10Mb), you're not getting....

Nilrem
22-02-2007, 22:54
Cheers, i'll give NTL a ring in the morning, I remember looking at it before (when 10mb was first released) and it was a £50 charge :)

Nikesh
22-02-2007, 23:27
Cheers, i'll give NTL a ring in the morning, I remember looking at it before (when 10mb was first released) and it was a £50 charge :)

Cool let us know how it goes... Call centres may be busy tomorrow because of Sky being pulled from Virgin Media... ;)

Nilrem
23-02-2007, 13:19
oddly enough i got through fine.

Although at 40 minutes and counting i've been bounced from
Tech (yes modem needs replacing) to CS (we can't book the engineer), to tech (yes it needs replacing CS will book an engineer), to cs (sorry wrong area), to CS (sorry you need tech to book the call) to tech who are now booking the call.

it's oddly reassuring that somethings never change.