PDA

View Full Version : what has happened to NTL

sheridan
22-02-2007, 20:53
sorry if this is a dumb ?
but i was with ntl . now it seems i am with vigin , i assume they have been brought out then ,or something like .
can anyone just give me the outline as to what has happened ,

i have had some letters from virgin but just binned them ,as i thought it was junk mail. :confused: so i should have read them then .

bopdude
22-02-2007, 20:55
:erm: if you look around the forum you will see countless posts about VM ( virgin media )

Yes NTL has been taken over by Virgin :tu:

dcclanuk
22-02-2007, 20:56
hahahaha.... are u serious...

seriously dood... thats the funniest thing I have heard all day:angel:

but to answer your question, look on the www.cableforum.co.uk homepage.

I am sure you will get ur answer!

Hom3r
Where have you been living? :)
NTL mergered with telewest whicha re now own buy Virgin and are called Virgin Media

If you have an old NTL or Telewest box channel 999 is the info channel and 119 is the Video On Demand Channel, the only thing you will noice is that Virgin will be on your bill and not NTL Telewest

dcclanuk
:erm: if you look around the forum you will see countless posts about VM ( virgin media )

Yes NTL has been taken over by Virgin :tu:

doh u beat me to it;)

sheridan
22-02-2007, 21:01
hahahaha.... are u serious...

seriously dood... thats the funniest thing I have heard all day:angel:

but to answer your question, look on the www.cableforum.co.uk (http://www.cableforum.co.uk) homepage.

I am sure you will get ur answer!
:dunce: yep .i have been with ntl for so long i just dont take any notice ,i just pay my £17.99 per month and the internet connection works ,
i only noticed today when i checked my bank statement and saw a payment to Virgin ,methinking i dont have anything with virgin .
looks like i do now then .
well as long as it's reliable and the price dont go up i surpose i will just plod on with it , till it gets taken over by someone else .
i really must pay more attention :D
thanks anyway.,.,

janipewter
22-02-2007, 21:16
but i was with ntl . now it seems i am with vigin , i assume they have been brought out then ,or something like .

i have had some letters from virgin but just binned them ,as i thought it was junk mail. :confused: so i should have read them then .

You've just binned your bill ;)

Nikesh
22-02-2007, 22:05
but i was with ntl . now it seems i am with virgin , i assume they have been brought out then ,or something like .

LOL :D

AntiSilence
22-02-2007, 22:08

Have you been living in a cave, on Mars, with your eyes shut?? :shocked: :rolleyes: :D :angel:

simpsonsFAN
22-02-2007, 22:14
One of the letters from virgin had: "IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NTL:TELEWEST CUSTOMERS" printed out the outside of the envelope. I really dont think they could have been any clearer.

-Chris

sheridan
22-02-2007, 22:24
One of the letters from virgin had: "IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NTL:TELEWEST CUSTOMERS" printed out the outside of the envelope. I really dont think they could have been any clearer.

-Chris
yes they do that with junk mail to get your attention as well .:Yikes:
ah well there we are then .
it's a good job you people are here to ask .
i dont look around the forum much . i just put up a question and hope someone has an answer , thats why i have'nt seen it on here .:dunce:

John1
22-02-2007, 23:52
What about the terms ... ?
The old NTL had a free help number for customers,
The old Virgin always charged on their help line,
so have they changed the terms ... ?
Is the help line charged now, or still free ... ?

John :)

Paul
23-02-2007, 00:47
You have to wonder what planet some people live on :erm:

BTW, NTL were not taken over by Virgin, they sort of merged - and then decided to rebrand as VirginMedia. :)

John1
23-02-2007, 01:06
Yeah.
Some planets might be nicer than here ...
So,
has the free help line sort of merged - and rebranded into a pricey
not free help line ...
Actually i don't think any of the planets in this system would be
viable, except possibly Venus after considerable terra-forming over
many years.

BenMcr
23-02-2007, 01:10
You can get through to Virgin Media CS free on 150 and free faults/bb support on 151 if you have a landline from them.

If not its 0845 454 1111 for CS/Faults and the same broadband support numbers for ex-ntl and ex-telewest

bopdude
23-02-2007, 01:24
You have to wonder what planet some people live on :erm:

BTW, NTL were not taken over by Virgin, they sort of merged - and then decided to rebrand as VirginMedia. :)

Yeah thanks for the clarity there Paul :tu: In my haste and disbelief, I made a mistake :dozey: :D

John1
23-02-2007, 01:24
My phone line is Telecom (or whatever their name is),
so i suppose the 0845 number isn't too bad, thats a local call charge rate
i think, which is not as good as an 0800 number but its not too bad.
So long as they dont take too long on the phone.
Thanks BenMcr.

I suppose there's always the possibility of email queries,
sometimes they are helpful.

John1
23-02-2007, 01:46
In the past week or so my cable broadband internet connection
has changed to this thumbnail.
I am actually not sure what it should be,
but i think it should be 10 meg, whatever that means.
This is why i am curious about the current position with V.M.