PDA

View Full Version : Still no broadband!!

Peed_off_Dave
22-02-2007, 08:26
It is now 2 weeks past my activation date and still no service from Virgin Media; i tried to cancel the service yesterday but one of the customer support people on the phone informed me that a tech fault guy is working on it and that BT informed VM 3 days ago that they cannot see nothing wrong at the exchange, i want to know is why didn't VM contact me out of courtesy to give me an update on my broadband problem.

I'm going to give VM until next Thursday to get their act together and sort out my broadband problem, because in my eyes i have not been given a service or have i been treated like a valuable new customer.

Has anybody else had any connection problems or 680 no dial tone errors since your activation date. I've logged this issue with Consumer Direct and they have given me a reference number, they have told me if VM don't refund the £14.99 and withold the £50 cancellation charge (ref Supply of Goods & Services act 1982) then they will deal with this direct for me.

Paul K
22-02-2007, 08:43
If you've got dial tone errors then the odds are something has been stuffed up during the activation at the exchange hence why VM is trying to get BT to look into it.

NTLVictim
22-02-2007, 09:43
Is this the bit where VM blame BT, and BT blame VM?

Paul K
22-02-2007, 09:47
Yep but to be honest it is looking like an exchange fault more than anything, it could be that until you called them VM didn't know that the fault had not been sorted.

Peed_off_Dave
22-02-2007, 09:52
Have just spoken to VM and the tech guys have found a fault somewhere, i've been told that i am now on an "appointments waiting list" for a visit; i thought all these line checks etc were done in the 2 weeks prior to my activation? Looks like i'm going to have to wait another #days or #weeks for someone to come out now; i just hope i don't die of old age before i can use the broadband!!

Paul K
22-02-2007, 09:58
It's quite possible the fault occured after your initial tests were run,hardware fails randomly so what was working yesterday may not be working today etc. Intermittant faults are a total b***h to pinpoint and rectify so it may have been something that wasn't showing it's true colours until now. If you are on the list for a visit then they should be able to tell you when that appointment is as soon as it is made.

NTLVictim
22-02-2007, 10:40
Are VM's phone lines LLU, or rented from BT?

Paul K
22-02-2007, 10:45
Virgin has had an ADSL service for quite some time so may have been using BT lines etc. LLU only covers the "last mile" between exchange and property, if it's an exchange fault it's still a BT issue I think.

utt
22-02-2007, 10:45
BT

NTLVictim
22-02-2007, 11:05
Ta..

If the fault is in the last mile, who fixes it in that case?