PDA

View Full Version : how to retrieve picture messages from t-mobile

shazzyann
21-02-2007, 23:24
hi there if you're having trouble retrieving a picture message that has been sent to your phone, and the message says to view it at www.t-mobile.co.uk/pmcollect, it might be because your phone has not been set up to recieve pictures. so here's how to set it up.
first go to the web-site, go to help and advice, click on phone support, then click on number 1, which is activating phone messaging, below you will have to enter your mobile number. next press continue, and a picture of your phone will come up on the screen, press confirm, click on picture messaging, then press configure phone now.
A message will be sent to your phone, and a list of instructions of how to save it will come up on your computer screen.
I really hope this works for you all, it did for me and now i'm recieving pics of my friends kids who live away.;) :) :angel:

toots66
22-02-2007, 11:50
When I was with T-Mobile a couple of years ago, I had to first send a picture message before I could receive any.

Paul K
22-02-2007, 11:57
Some phones have a retrieve settings function in the menu, often they just send a request to the provider and the settings are sent out via SMS.

Shaun
22-02-2007, 12:57
Great post Shazzann

shazzyann
22-02-2007, 17:19
Thankyou Shaun, just trying to help people find their memorable photos, i know how frustrating it can be to want to see a photo and can't !!!:) :D

Addistokie
01-03-2010, 17:06
hey, i have a samsung tocco lite, i cannot retrieve picture messages but can send them and can get on internet. when i try and retrieve these pictures it says decoding failed and retrieving failed. have spoken to t mobile and they couldnt help me, have reset setting lots of times and this still does not work. any ideas? thanks in advance

wigan_latics
03-03-2010, 12:53
DITTO!

I've been searching the internet and came across this forum with EXACTLY the same problem I have. My tocco lite can send picture messages and access the internet. I've been on the phone with T-mobile for AGES this morning, totally not impressed!

I need to find out how to retrieve them, its driving me insane. T-mobile customer support have been so confused they said they would phone me back...but haven't!!!!! Argh. PLease please please help. This decoding failed thing is annoying.

Addistokie
03-03-2010, 15:03
yeh mate seems to have worked. i used the fix me option on t-mob website and turned phone off and on later that night and it now seems to be working. still have to retrieve the message and it fails once or twice but then comes through...which is better than nothing!! Hope you get yours sorted