PDA

View Full Version : Dead line, two engineer no-shows

dommo39
21-02-2007, 18:38
Hi, I’m completely fed up with ntl/Virgin Media. I’ll try to keep this brief but it won't be! I’ve had three appointments, two no-shows, two letters of complaint….

My phone’s been dead since November 2006. No dial tone, no incoming calls. Took a day off work 22/11/06 for engineer to come. He didn’t visit the house, but phoned to say the fault was fixed at exchange. Great!

A few days later I found phone not working again – same problem. As soon as I could phoned ntl to report fault but recorded message said there was a general fault in my area. Fair enough, so I left it, but then a few days later I found it still not working. Phoned ntl again to report fault - held on line for 15 minutes to speak to somebody in faults.

They ran tests and said engineer would need to come to the house. Offered me appointment w/c 11/12/06. Told them I couldn’t take any more time off work before Christmas and asked why I had to arrange more time off when it was only two weeks since I did last time and the engineer didn’t even visit. The guy offered another appointment before Christmas – do these people listen?! Told him again that I could not take time off work before Christmas but wasn’t getting anywhere. I wasn’t too bothered at this stage at prospect of waiting until January because it was me who couldn’t arrange to be at home – but he never said anything about w/end appointments being available which I now know they are.

Getting nowhere I asked to be transferred to Complaints – big mistake...

Held in a queue another 15 minutes then explained again to ‘Customer Care’ (not the best name!) guy and said I wanted to complain. What a waste of time - the person I spoke to said something along the lines of being able to log the call, but it wouldn’t be treated as a complaint.

He even told me I should have stayed on the line and reported a fault when I heard the recorded message – he would have! So what’s the point of them having recordings to save you reporting a fault they know about?

After almost 1 hour on the phone established only way they accept a complaint is in writing. So I sent a letter 10/12/06. Received acknowledgement 18/12/06. Received proper reply around 9/1/07.

Reply answered my questions, offered me some compensation (thank you:) ), and told me my phone was working, but if not phone back. Left message for him to phone me back. He then said he’d make appointment with Faults on my behalf. Confirmed appointment for 24/1/07 8am-1pm. I booked the time off work.

24/1/07 - no engineer:( . Phoned Customer Services to ask why engineer had not come. Was informed appointment had been booked but not done correctly in their system. Advisor was very helpful (there are some thank god). She re-booked appointment for Saturday 3/2/07 8am-1pm. Even credited me with 3 months free line rental:) (still to see if this materialises).

3/2/07 - no engineer:mad: . Phoned Customer Services immediately to ask why engineer had not come. Passed me through to Faults. Another helpful advisor, but same excuse - the appointment had been booked but not correctly.

I’d almost lost it by now. She offered to put me through to somebody else as escalation, but I said it would be no use – what could they do anyway? They wouldn’t get an engineer out and they only accept complaints in writing. Anyway I was too angry to speak to anybody else at the time – I’d been on the phone for 45 minutes, wearing a hole in the carpet and banging my head against the wall.

Took them nearly ten days to acknowledge second letter which I asked to be passed to somebody senior and I’m still waiting for a reply. Somebody did leave a message on my mobile on Sunday 18/2/07 saying they were calling about my letter and they’d ring back Monday. Still waiting…âà¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦

Right now I just want my phone fixing or the whole lot taking out, but either way I need an engineer to come don’t I? I’m not bothered about compensation but the fact they’ve given it to me makes me think there is somebody who recognises their own crap customer service so maybe there’s hope?

Do you think the Virgin Media rebrand will make a difference? I doubt it. Their acknowledgement says its taking longer than usual to respond to complaints – if they treat people like this is it any wonder?

I just want an engineer to come!

cazmcfc
01-03-2007, 12:59
Sorry to hear of all your troubles with NTL/Telewest/Virgin.

The same thing happened to me too. Got messed about over my landline not working for 4 months.

After loads of calls (from my mobile) eventually got to the point where I rang customer services to cancel all my packages. They sorted it out then within about 3 days.

Trouble is you get so wound up that you just want to cancel it anyway don't you?

If anything ever goes wrong again I think I'll just give up and go to Sky.

MovedGoalPosts
01-03-2007, 13:14
:welcome: Dommo39 to Cable Forum :tu:

Sorry to note that you have been getting the run around.

Cable Forum , albeit independent of Virgin Media, have developed contacts who have proven good at getting these serious matters resolved. It you want us to intervene on your behalf, please PM me some details:
Account name and number, address, the phone number affected, a daytime contact phone number (mobile?), and ideally an email address. If you have any more information on the problem send that too.