PDA

View Full Version : Just Switched from STB to SACM

Tijer
20-02-2007, 10:54
Was wondering if there was a way to get my original email address from my STB internet transferred to the cable modem. When i registerred it wouldnt let me use my old EMAIL as my user name... If there any way for me to get it transferred over?

Thanks in advance

AndyCambs
20-02-2007, 10:58
I've got this to come - can't you just register any old name, and then use your original details in Outlook Express/Outlook etc? Or is it more complex than that?

Stephen
20-02-2007, 11:04
The internet account stays the same when you change to SACM. So you should still be able to use your existing email address. All that is changing is the method by which the broadband is being delivered to you.

Can I ask though what you are registering ?

Tijer
20-02-2007, 11:05
Well i upgraded to the VIP pack, and NTL, oops Virgin sent me different a different pin number etc etc... I am connected via SACM now, used the virgin install disk...

Wouldnt let me use my old email as the username

robf
20-02-2007, 11:05
No that's exactly what you can do - I still use my original dial-up email address - the new address I put in when I re-registered with broadband just acts as a secondary address

spankysmagicpian
20-02-2007, 12:28
I've done the same - I was worrying that my old addresses would be scrubbed when the STB service was removed but they still seem to be there..... for now...

Wicked_and_Crazy
20-02-2007, 12:34
Well i upgraded to the VIP pack, and NTL, oops Virgin sent me different a different pin number etc etc... I am connected via SACM now, used the virgin install disk...

Wouldnt let me use my old email as the username

its a long time ago since i changed from STB to SACM but im sure you dont need to re-register

PhilvRS
20-02-2007, 19:54
Thanks for this thread, i'm expecting a SACM tomorrow morning, i wonder how long it will take me to get it working?
I'll post my results here.

chrisdk
21-02-2007, 15:03
I phoned Technical Support and got my old email addresses transferred to the new account, just in case. I just needed to provide the two account numbers.

AndyCambs
21-02-2007, 15:12
I phoned Technical Support and got my old email addresses transferred to the new account, just in case. I just needed to provide the two account numbers.

When you say the two account numbers - do you mean the TV account number, and the separate Broadband account number?

Stephen
21-02-2007, 15:27
They should be able to do a swap over to the SACM rather than creating a new account which requires you to re-register.

AndyCambs
21-02-2007, 15:52
They should be able to do a swap over to the SACM rather than creating a new account which requires you to re-register.

They - the technician with the SACM or Customer service?

PhilvRS
21-02-2007, 16:52
I got my "big box of tricks" at 8:45am and had 4Mb running by 9:30.

I've re-registered a new e-mail address(SACM), i can still get my old (STB) e-mail address. Luckily i dont have many contacts to notify of the change.

I dont think i'll bother with the call to CS as i'm sure i'll only confuse them:D

So far, thumbs up to virgin media from me.

savvychels
21-02-2007, 17:34
All I did when I set up was to call tech support and they migrated the original ones over to the new acc't.

Soundlab
22-02-2007, 21:28
Think i'll give tech support a call at some point as well ... don't want to risk losing my old email address (which is still working fine in outlook and is my default address ... but best to be on the safe side).