PDA

View Full Version : So who do we believe??

Bengie
19-02-2007, 12:48
The last sentence seems to be completely opposite to my early posting

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10/33608115-interesting-statistics-top-almost-bottom.html

The Internet Service Providers Association (Ispa) has named and shamed the internet hero and villain of the year - the most eagerly anticipated gongs at its annual awards bash.
The internet villain of the year was awarded to commissioner Vivianne Reding and the European Commission, beating off very stiff competition from the US government and the BPI (British Phonographic Industry).
A statement from Ispa said: "Commissioner Viviane Reding and the European Commission received the award for foisting the most arcane set of rules yet seen for prior registration of dot-eu domains, requiring UK registered companies to submit legal affidavits to justify the authenticity of their business."
The internet hero award meanwhile was scooped by Annie Mullins, content standards manager at Vodafone.
Ispa said: "Annie Mullins received the award for her work with the Home Office Task Force on Protection of Children on the Internet and the European Union's Safer Internet Programme."
The Home Office itself was also shortlisted for the coveted 'hero' award, along with Ofcom and former Ofcom CEO Stephen Carter.
Other winners on the night included NTL:Telewest - now Virgin Media - which scooped the best consumer ISP award. Claranet won best business ISP.

NTLVictim
19-02-2007, 13:43
Must have been one hell of a back-hander!:cool:

Graham M
19-02-2007, 13:44
Erm well no matter what anyone says, most people are happy with the service NTL/Telewest/Virgin Media provide.

NTLVictim
19-02-2007, 13:48
So all the posts I've read on here don't exist????

Nurse, the screens...

punky
19-02-2007, 13:51
Moved to Internet Services discussion

Several things could account for it.

Firstly, the dslzone stats are upto date, and the award competition will lag by quite a few months. Services could have detoriated a lot recently which could account for why customer satisifaction is now lower. This fits with the increase discussion on falling speeds, congestion and traffic shaping.

Secondly the award goes to cable-only BB. I.e. pre-merger. Those dslzone stats include the same cable customers and Virgin.net ADSL broadband, to which the ADSL could be bringing the side down.

There's explanations as to why both can be correct simulatenously.

NTLVictim
19-02-2007, 13:55
Cable-only BB. i.e. pre-merger was just as bad if not worse, no? Didn't ntl's manager say only last month their service was "crap"?

Richy99
19-02-2007, 14:16
So all the posts I've read on here don't exist????

Nurse, the screens...

most posts on here are the ones that complain, you dont see the posts of well done ntl or im happy with the service, most people are here to moan about poor service

sithom66
19-02-2007, 14:20
Well, my experience was that things were okay till October, since when things have gone through the floor. My take is ntl cynically went for a customer land-grab, signing up as many people as they could regardless of their ability to handle the traffic. And that they've been lying about problems ever since, in the hope that they can muddle through while they increase capacity.

Five gets you ten they'll win nothing good next year. The last five months have been unacceptably bad on all levels.

NTLVictim
19-02-2007, 14:55
Virgin Media's head of internal communications say they're crap..who am I to argue? :D