19-02-2007, 01:01
I hope everyone has a happy start to the week :) :tu:

Tezcatlipoca
19-02-2007, 01:36
I only have one day at work this week - Monday :D

Then I'm off from Tuesday, until the following Wednesday :D

Alien
19-02-2007, 01:51
At nearly 200 pages long, its about time we closed this one and started a new thread :)
200? :erm: How low have you set your User CP option for the number of posts per page?

Maggy
19-02-2007, 02:30
Well it's about time.In the time it's taken for The Happy Thoughts Thread mark 1 to get to 200 pages the moans thread has been reset three times.:D

Pia
19-02-2007, 02:43
My happy thought is knowing i'm still off work for another week yet:D

House hunting tomorrow too....:disturbd:

Alien
19-02-2007, 02:43
Well it's about time.In the time it's taken for The Happy Thoughts Thread mark 1 to get to 200 pages the moans thread has been reset three times.:D
It was only 72 pages for me, but then I have my options set to show 40 posts per page. :)

Pia
19-02-2007, 02:44
Forum default is 15 that's what i have mine set to.

Hugh
19-02-2007, 07:26
My happy thought is knowing i'm still off work for another week yet:D

House hunting tomorrow too....:disturbd:

Hope you catch one! :D

Good luck.

Alien
20-02-2007, 15:37
Stargate SG-1 - series 8: £17.99
Stargate: Atlantis - series 1: £17.99
Firefly complete series: £11.99
Serenity: £4.97
RoboCop - the complete TV series: £9.69
RoboCop - The Prime Directives: £4.49

Indulging 1 of my biggest vices: priceless! :disturbd:

Stuart
20-02-2007, 16:11
Two weeks off...

Quam256
20-02-2007, 20:03
My Kids and all the emotions they bring .:) :dozey: :( :mad: :confused: :Yikes: :bigcry: :luv: :grind: :nono: :eeek: :argue: :banghead: :shocking: :help: :hugs: :rant: :redcard: :doh:
to name but a few.

punky
20-02-2007, 20:21
It was only 72 pages for me, but then I have my options set to show 40 posts per page. :)

Like Pia (and I suspect most people), I have it set to the forum default of 15 per page.

Alien
20-02-2007, 21:34
Like Pia (and I suspect most people), I have it set to the forum default of 15 per page.
I must say I'm surprised, I would have thought the only reason to want to use less than the maximum would be if people were on a slow/dial-up connection. :confused:

punky
20-02-2007, 21:53
I must say I'm surprised, I would have thought the only reason to want to use less than the maximum would be if people were on a slow/dial-up connection. :confused:

:shrug: Never bothered to change it.

Doesn't matter how many pages, it still has the same amount of posts in, and threads with lots of posts in cause high server loads when processing :)

handyman
20-02-2007, 22:49
I have mine set to maximum so get fewer page loads ;-)

Happy thought, Although sky bb could not deliver a modem to me, just rigged up claires laptop to the phone point in the kitchen and set-up a ad-hoc network to my pc in the front room so I have internet again. woo hoo.

Maggy
20-02-2007, 23:19
My Kids and all the emotions they bring .:) :dozey: :( :mad: :confused: :Yikes: :bigcry: :luv: :grind: :nono: :eeek: :argue: :banghead: :shocking: :help: :hugs: :rant: :redcard: :doh:
to name but a few.

I guess it's half term...:erm:

ikthius
20-02-2007, 23:48
Stargate SG-1 - series 8: £17.99
Stargate: Atlantis - series 1: £17.99
Firefly complete series: £11.99
Serenity: £4.97
RoboCop - the complete TV series: £9.69
RoboCop - The Prime Directives: £4.49

Indulging 1 of my biggest vices: priceless! :disturbd:

where, want the complete series of firefly, best series ever, wish they would have made many many more

ik

Alien
21-02-2007, 02:17
:shrug: Never bothered to change it.

Doesn't matter how many pages, it still has the same amount of posts in, and threads with lots of posts in cause high server loads when processing :)
I would have thought the server load depended on the number of users multiplied by their posts-per-thread settings [+ a few other variables]

I have mine set to maximum so get fewer page loads ;-)
Exactly. Firefox's memory load seems to increase by roughly 1MB per page load [at least on my system, & still did it when I tried it in safe mode, so it can't be an extension causing it].

where, want the complete series of firefly, best series ever, wish they would have made many many more
Sorry, I did think to add where I got them, but by then it had already been over the 3hr editing limit since I posted it.

Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, Firefly, & RoboCop were all from ChoicesUK (http://www.choicesuk.com/), whereas Serenity I ordered from Amazon.

Happy thought: beating my personal best on the treadmill... by double the time, & more than double the distance. :disturbd: I may be a bit sore tomorrow, but at least I now know I'm not as far from acheiving my daily goal as I thought I was.

HSH85
21-02-2007, 02:24
It's 2:24AM, I'm drinking ice cold Irn-Bru, I'm a happy man!

Maggy
21-02-2007, 12:01
Got myself an MP3 player..a Sony one with all sorts of warnings about not using a personally constructed PC :confused: and not letting windows format the flash drive and not leaving it attached in standby mode because the battery will be flat afterwards...I'm wondering if I maybe over optimistic about posting in this thread..:erm:

ikthius
21-02-2007, 12:23
Sorry, I did think to add where I got them, but by then it had already been over the 3hr editing limit since I posted it.

Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, Firefly, & RoboCop were all from ChoicesUK (http://www.choicesuk.com/), whereas Serenity I ordered from Amazon.

Happy thought: beating my personal best on the treadmill... by double the time, & more than double the distance. :disturbd: I may be a bit sore tomorrow, but at least I now know I'm not as far from acheiving my daily goal as I thought I was.

well done on the running.

oh could you pm me your experence of this company please, when you get your DVDs?

cheers

ik

Alien
21-02-2007, 15:04
well done on the running.
Thanks. Going from an average of 25 mins to an hour in 1 "jump", as it were, has left me a little sore, but not too bad. I have to confess it's not running, more like a brisk walk. Whilst an hour is my time target, I'm still not at my distance target - last night was only 4.1k, as opposed to my target of 6.5k.

oh could you pm me your experence of this company please, when you get your DVDs?
No need to PM, have dealt with them before. They used to be called ChoicesDirect, & are the online equivalent of their Choices Video stores. Not had any probs that I can think of.

Quam256
21-02-2007, 20:24
The Cable Forum.;)

Tezcatlipoca
21-02-2007, 23:16
Off to France tomorrow, back on Tuesday :)

Halcyon
22-02-2007, 12:13
Where are you going in France ?

I hope you have a great time and good weather :tu: :Sun:

handyman
27-02-2007, 19:30
After a saga my sky broadband modem has been delivered, navigated through a shocking set-up and bespoke software (why can they not provide a proper firmware for those that know how to set things up).

Best part is was expecting a poor 512k but have 1.5meg , woo hoo ;-)

lauzjp
28-02-2007, 17:05
I am crossing my fingers that when my neighbour returns from shopping at asda - she shall have bought me Saw 2 + Saw 3 :angel:

I'm actually looking forward to going to the doctors, hopefully on friday, though if I get much more pains I shall have to call one out soon... :(

gawd I am ill aren't I - not going to asda / shopping

Jules
28-02-2007, 17:06
Hope you are feeling better soon and that it is nothing too serious

lauzjp
28-02-2007, 17:13
thanks Jules! I have the laptop on the bed to keep me amused at least :)

SnoopZ
28-02-2007, 18:06
thanks Jules! I have the laptop on the bed to keep me amused at least :)

Fixes you up with some SnoopySnax! :D

Chimaera
28-02-2007, 18:16
I'm back home after 3 days away for work - how nice it will be to sleep in my own bed! :D
Why is it that all the other delegates in rooms near mine couldn't find their way back to their rooms before 3.30 am - and took about half an hour to get into their rooms? :beer: :drunk:

bopdude
28-02-2007, 18:17
I'm back home after 3 days away for work - how nice it will be to sleep in my own bed! :D
Why is it that all the other delegates in rooms near mine couldn't find their way back to their rooms before 3.30 am - and took about half an hour to get into their rooms? :beer: :drunk:

Lack of practice on your part :D :wavey:

Hugh
28-02-2007, 20:41
Got my V+ box installed today (ordered on Monday) - excellent.

Feature rich, easy to use, and the remote/EPG are well designed (imho).

Tonight, at 9:00pm, I will be recording two programmes on the V+ box, using the third tuner to record another programme on my HD recorder, and watching a programme on terrestial; isn't technology wonderful? :D

TheDaddy
28-02-2007, 20:47

Tonight, at 9:00pm, I will be recording two programmes on the V+ box, using the third tuner to record another programme on my HD recorder, and watching a programme on terrestial; isn't technology wonderful? :D

I am more impressed that you managed to find four programmes worth watching on at the same time

Druchii
28-02-2007, 22:50
I'm back from Norway :) That's not my happy thought it's actually a sad thought...

I'm just happy cos i had a fantastic time there, it's so beautiful and the people i met were extremely nice and more than willing to try and teach me a few words of their language :D
Also, there is the small thing concerning finally meeting someone i think is lovely...:blush:

Stuart
28-02-2007, 23:01

I'd love to get away for a couple of days, even with work.

Might happen soon. I have to go on a course run by Apple, and I don't know if it's at their offices in Ireland. If it is, my boss should hopefully spring for some bed and board. Sadly, I think it's in London. I don't have the details here, as they are at work.

Hugh
28-02-2007, 23:23
I am more impressed that you managed to find four programmes worth watching on at the same time
Three of them were for the boss (sorry, darling wife) - the other (Heroes) was being recorded for me :D

Halcyon
01-03-2007, 12:00
I'm back from Norway :) That's not my happy thought it's actually a sad thought...

I'm just happy cos i had a fantastic time there, it's so beautiful and the people i met were extremely nice and more than willing to try and teach me a few words of their language :D
Also, there is the small thing concerning finally meeting someone i think is lovely...:blush:

Glad you had a great time Druchi and that your life is going well for you.
Got any pics you can post up from Norway ?

Jules
01-03-2007, 12:05

I didn't know they were available in Leeds yet!

Halcyon
01-03-2007, 12:27
Happy thought of the day...... one day to go until the weekend. :)

Jules
01-03-2007, 12:35
My loved ones birthday today then my sons on Saturday

dilli-theclaw
01-03-2007, 12:55
My loved ones birthday today then my sons on SaturdayHappy birthday to them :) :tu:

My happy thought - My Missus - she's nice...

Jules
01-03-2007, 12:57
Awww that is so sweet Dilli, so nice to know you appreciate her :)

Druchii
01-03-2007, 13:57
Glad you had a great time Druchi and that your life is going well for you.
Got any pics you can post up from Norway ?

Not really got many at all that aren't of people i met, however i do have this one of the palace.

TheDaddy
01-03-2007, 14:15
Not really got many at all that aren't of people i met, however i do have this one of the palace.

Nice pics, glad you had a good time also :tu:

Halcyon
01-03-2007, 14:35
Nice and snowy. Looks like you had fun :tu:

Hugh
01-03-2007, 15:10
I didn't know they were available in Leeds yet!

Drop me a PM, and I will give you some helpful hints....;)

My loved ones birthday today then my sons on Saturday

Happy birthday to them both...:D

Found out on Tuesday that I didn't get one of the jobs I had been after (five interviews over a 4 month period :disturbd: ), but my family and friends have all rallied round with supportive calls and hugs, so dusting myself off, cheering myself up, and once more into the fray.

Friends and family are what's important, everything else is just window dressing (imho).

TheDaddy
01-03-2007, 15:49
Found out on Tuesday that I didn't get one of the jobs I had been after (five interviews over a 4 month period :disturbd: ), but my family and friends have all rallied round with supportive calls and hugs, so dusting myself off, cheering myself up, and once more into the fray.

Friends and family are what's important, everything else is just window dressing (imho).

Your right and at least your interview technique will red hot after all those interviews and who knows you may well end up getting the other job :tu:

c1rcle
01-03-2007, 15:56
I've just finished reading one of the best books I've read in ages World War Z by Max Brooks, it's so good I might start reading it again tonight.

Action Jackson
01-03-2007, 15:57
Fidel Castro is on the mend.

He survives to annoy the US for yet another day. :D

Hugo Chavez gets his own TV show. I wonder if Virgin will pick it up. :confused:

Maggy
01-03-2007, 15:59
I met some great students today...I remembered what it was about teaching that I enjoy.:D

Hugh
01-03-2007, 15:59
I've just finished reading one of the best books I've read in ages World War Z by Max Brooks, it's so good I might start reading it again tonight.
Agreed - read it on holiday; it's a cracking read, sort of like "Band of Brothers", but with the scenario of a world infestation of zombies. :disturbd:

lauzjp
01-03-2007, 16:17
I met some great students today...I remembered what it was about teaching that I enjoy.:D

aw, you are a braver person than me. wish I could've been a teacher. I haven't got the patience!

Maggy
03-03-2007, 14:22
Husband went off earlier as happy as a lark because someone had won tickets to the Pompey v Chelsea match this afternoon and invited him along...

Means me and my son get a football free afternoon and Hubby isn't so miffed about losing the Sky sports channel.:)

Gareth
03-03-2007, 17:51
We're coming to the end of the "redemption period" for the mortgage we took out 3 years ago, so went to have a review with our current provider this morning... one hour later and he had showed us how, thanks to the equity we've built up, we can reduce the term by 7½ years, thereby saving almost £75,000 over the full term.

That has made me smile a lot all day :)

dilli-theclaw
03-03-2007, 17:54
I got yet another offer from a friend in Crete to marry her and move in with her...

Not that I would of course - but it's nice to be liked ;) :)

homealone
03-03-2007, 17:57
We're coming to the end of the "redemption period" for the mortgage we took out 3 years ago, so went to have a review with our current provider this morning... one hour later and he had showed us how, thanks to the equity we've built up, we can reduce the term by 7½ years, thereby saving almost £75,000 over the full term.

That has made me smile a lot all day :)

excellent news :tu: - that is a very big mortgage, though, think ours is about a quarter of that ;)

Maggy
03-03-2007, 18:00
My mortgage was for £9000...and I had an endowment mortgage..had about £7000 left over after paying it off.:D

Gareth
03-03-2007, 18:11
I was depressed when he told us how little of the mortgage we'd paid off during the past 3 years... so this overall saving made me feel a lot better.

We had the option of paying less each month or shortening the term. We originally took out the loan based on just my salary - as my missus was only working part time - whereas now she's working full time. Which means we can luckily afford to go from a 30-year mortgage (minus the 3 years already paid) to a 20-year one... hence the saving.

Wouldn't have been possible at all if the housing market had crashed, so let's hope prices continue to rise a bit longer ;)

Angua
03-03-2007, 18:34
No more of those wretched Sky Adverts :hyper:

ikthius
03-03-2007, 18:34
I was depressed when he told us how little of the mortgage we'd paid off during the past 3 years... so this overall saving made me feel a lot better.

We had the option of paying less each month or shortening the term. We originally took out the loan based on just my salary - as my missus was only working part time - whereas now she's working full time. Which means we can luckily afford to go from a 30-year mortgage (minus the 3 years already paid) to a 20-year one... hence the saving.

Wouldn't have been possible at all if the housing market had crashed, so let's hope prices continue to rise a bit longer ;)

no thanks......

I cant afford a house as it is, if it keeps going up I will never ever be able to afford one.

ik

lauzjp
03-03-2007, 19:20
no thanks......

I cant afford a house as it is, if it keeps going up I will never ever be able to afford one.

ik

me neither. but I think I'd rather rent, though if the councils keep selling off properties there's going to be none left soon.

happy thought though - our new camera is pretty nifty, I still can't get over Anton winning it at Namco luton! :D

bopdude
04-03-2007, 00:46
no thanks......

ik

Thats what I thought, bit the bullet, sick of paying out dead money, move into MY ( and partner's ) house next weekend, pity I just found out I might be outta work come Wednesday, oh well, this is the happy thought thread.

Happy thought, it'll force me to look for a better job :D

Maggy
04-03-2007, 15:40
Roast beef,roast potatoes,new potatoes,veggies,yorkshire puds and lashings of luscious mustard and beef gravy..followed by hot chocolate sponge with chocolate sauce.

Now shall I have 40 winks or do the ironing?:)

SnoopZ
04-03-2007, 15:51
Roast beef,roast potatoes,new potatoes,veggies,yorkshire puds and lashings of luscious mustard and beef gravy..followed by hot chocolate sponge with chocolate sauce.

Damn you just made me hungry!!!

MadGamer
04-03-2007, 15:59
Im moving house on Friday - March the 9th. :D I wont have Internet Access for about 7 - 10 days though.

Scrubbs
04-03-2007, 16:22

Right,,,, you've had your forty winks......now get on with the ironing;) :) :D :Sprint:
Or maybe leave it until tommorrow??

Halcyon
04-03-2007, 20:36
Just come back from the "Destinations" exhibition at the NEC.
Lots of nice places I'd like to go to and found out some good holiday info.

Oh and also bumped into Levi Roots who was on "Dragon's Den" selling his Reggae Reggae Sauce.

dilli-theclaw
05-03-2007, 02:36
FINALLY getting centos to install on my fileserver :)

TheDaddy
05-03-2007, 02:43
Oh and also bumped into Levi Roots who was on "Dragon's Den" selling his Reggae Reggae Sauce.

Blimey he didn't sing at you did he, I thought it was the tv moment of the year when one of the Dragons asked him if Levi Roots was his real name and he replied no it's Kevin :rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:43 ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 ----------

FINALLY getting centos to install on my fileserver :)

Yes I've heard it can take hours ;)

dilli-theclaw
05-03-2007, 02:47
Yes I've heard it can take hours ;)...I couldn't get the dvd to work properly so I'm installing it all off the internet, so most likely :)

Halcyon
05-03-2007, 11:08
Blimey he didn't sing at you did he

Yes, he had his song playing on loop. :Yikes:
I felt for the other stands nearby having to listen to it all day.
He seems a nice guy though, funny too.

dilli-theclaw
05-03-2007, 18:46
Woohoo - I got the TV card working on linux in my fileserver (Priorities and all that) - now to share my files :)

Chimaera
05-03-2007, 21:04
My car broke down today! :(
Why is that good news? Because it was showing all the signs of Tesco petrol poisoning, and my mechanic was having difficulty in locating the part it would have needed. On inspection it turns out to be the coil!
(Mind you if it had been the other problem, Tesco had agreed to pay for a hire car as I have to have a car for my job - so it's not quite good news!)

Mr_love_monkey
05-03-2007, 23:54
Is it just me or is anyone else really excited about year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_(album)) zero (http://yearzero.nin.com/)?

Pia
06-03-2007, 00:28
It's just you ;)

Alien
06-03-2007, 08:08
Been meaning to clean the dust out of my CPU's heatsink for over a week. Just got round to doing it & knocked 10°C off the temperature. :)

Halcyon
06-03-2007, 10:16
Good thing to do Alien :tu:
I often do it on my case fans too with those cotton wool bud's.
Really helps to lower the temperature.

Happy thought: The rain has finally stopped.

Graham M
06-03-2007, 10:58
I usually unscrew the fan from the heatsink and hoover off the dust tbh

Tezcatlipoca
06-03-2007, 11:13
Is it just me or is anyone else really excited about year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_(album)) zero (http://yearzero.nin.com/)?

More NIN :D

Chris W
06-03-2007, 11:48
My Mum is popping in to visit me at work later :) Haven't seen her since Christmas!

dilli-theclaw
06-03-2007, 11:50
Now that is good news :tu:

Alien
06-03-2007, 11:58
Good thing to do Alien :tu:
I often do it on my case fans too with those cotton wool bud's.
Really helps to lower the temperature.
Yeah, I do it every now & then, but thankfully my current case has a filter for the front intake fan, so don't need to do the heatsink as often as I had to with the last case.

I usually unscrew the fan from the heatsink and hoover off the dust tbh
With my current CPU fan (http://www.dansdata.com/tmdfan.htm) I don't need to remove it to get at the dust. As the dust mostly tends to accumulate on top of the fins of my heatsink, rather than between them, I used a screwdriver to carefully hook out the larger clumps, then just blasted the rest out with a foot pump [used my hand to pump it though] & some little plastic nozzle adapter thing that came with it [got no other use for it as the pump fits my bike's tires just fine without it].

Fingy
06-03-2007, 12:53
Being headhunted by an old manager.

c1rcle
06-03-2007, 14:02
Being headhunted by an old manager.Or being managed by an Old Headhunter.

ps I'm excited about the new NIN album :D

Alien
06-03-2007, 15:06
The plumber's been & gone, & I've set my VCR for progs I want to watch early evening, so don't have to struggle to keep my eyes open anymore.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alien42/smilies/sleepy.gif

homealone
07-03-2007, 23:10

only because you deserve it, imo, :D

handyman
07-03-2007, 23:12

I agree with Gaz, it would be Virgins loss to loose such a dedicated experienced member of staff.

Gareth
07-03-2007, 23:26
Nice one, Fingy.

For me.... the chili con carne I cooked tonight. Yum - delicious. And I made so much that I'm gonna be taking some with me to work tomorrow too :drool:

dilli-theclaw
08-03-2007, 09:53
Woohoo - Just got my results from the doctor and I haven't got the Temporal Arteritus tey thought I had, just a bad Sinus infection.

Good news at last :tu:

Halcyon
08-03-2007, 10:08
Excellent news. Great way to end the week on.

zing_deleted
08-03-2007, 10:18
Dilli is coming for a visit in a couple of weeks :)

dilli-theclaw
08-03-2007, 10:27
Provide coffee and I shall come :tu:

Hugh
08-03-2007, 10:31
JT, so pleased to hear that, and my best wishes to you and your family. I bet that's a weight of your mind - on that note, has the headache got any better?

lauzjp
08-03-2007, 10:36
Woohoo - Just got my results from the doctor and I haven't got the Temporal Arteritus tey thought I had, just a bad Sinus infection.

:cleader: hurrah for Dilli - that Temporal Arty thing looked scary... :)

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

:erm: that sounds um, interesting! :rofl:

dilli-theclaw
08-03-2007, 10:37
JT, so pleased to hear that, and my best wishes to you and your family. I bet that's a weight of your mind - on that note, has the headache got any better?Still got the headache - but as you say at least it's not THAT :)

Jules
08-03-2007, 15:48
Great news Dilli and have a good time at Zingles :) :tu:

SnoopZ
08-03-2007, 19:22
Good to hear Dilli. :)

homealone
08-03-2007, 19:53

thank goodness for that, reading up on it was scarey enough, thinking you might have it must have been awful - especially as it was another threat to your eyesight :Yikes:

- I think dilli's good news is deinitely my happy thought for today :tu

Alien
08-03-2007, 19:54

It's about time you had some good news dude. Ok, so you'd be better off without the sinus infection, but it's much better than the alternative. :)

Dilli is coming for a visit in a couple of weeks :)
Same here, more or less, although it may be slightly sooner, I may have lost track. Dilli?

I've still got that tea you liked as well, as you forgot to take it with you last time.

dilli-theclaw
08-03-2007, 20:00
Thanks all :tu:

Chimaera
08-03-2007, 20:09
Well done Dilli - some good news at last.
My happy thought for the day? Paul bought me a ticket to go and see George Michael (again!). The first lot of tickets sold out and he stayed online on and off all day to get me one! :kiss:
And he also bought one each for my two girls, so thats a nice girly day out for the three of us!

Maggy
08-03-2007, 20:30
Thanks all :tu:

Well I'm glad to hear that it was a mistake..let's hope that they don't find anything else to terrify you with.:erm:

dilli-theclaw
08-03-2007, 20:43
Well I'm glad to hear that it was a mistake..let's hope that they don't find anything else to terrify you with.:erm:It wouldn't be a good week without something going wrong ;) :)

Marge
09-03-2007, 12:27
Yay, have been shortlisted for two interviews :hyper:

dilli-theclaw
09-03-2007, 12:54
Yay, have been shortlisted for two interviews :hyper:Great stuff...

The must realise how increadibly gorgeous and devastatingly clever you truly are :tu:

Halcyon
09-03-2007, 14:45
That is great. :tu:

AndrewJ
09-03-2007, 14:52

Good luck * btw who where you before your rise of rank :disturbd: *

orangebird
09-03-2007, 14:53
Good luck * btw who where you before your rise of rank :disturbd: *

Marge!

Halcyon
09-03-2007, 16:48
Have a great weekend everyone :)

Maggy
09-03-2007, 17:11
I've got the firm offer of three days work next week with the possibility of a full week.:tu:

Halcyon
13-03-2007, 13:35
Just came home for lunch and opened the door and saw a huge thing in my back garden. We live in the city so I wondered what on earth it was.
I went outside and found a huge Pheasent trotting around the grass and behind the holly bush.
It was a beautiful site to see and as it eventually flew off, it had a massive tail and wings. Very colurful bird, and a nice thing to find in yuor garden. :tu:

lauzjp
13-03-2007, 14:05
Just came home for lunch and opened the door and saw a huge thing in my back garden. We live in the city so I wondered what on earth it was.
I went outside and found a huge Pheasent trotting around the grass and behind the holly bush.
It was a beautiful site to see and as it eventually flew off, it had a massive tail and wings. Very colurful bird, and a nice thing to find in yuor garden. :tu:

:rofl: I thought I was bad - I was in bristol once by some water and I saw something move... 'omg! there are birds in the water!' :blush: I have also gone past a field & heard a weird noise so exclaimed 'what was that?!' really startled, to be told in a very dulcet tone 'it was a cow.' :dunce:

Stuart
13-03-2007, 14:19

Well done, and good luck Debs..

Reminds me of a time (about 4 years ago) when a friend came into work all excited because she'd seen a strange rodent-like creature in her garden. After a lot of googling, we came to the conclusion that she thought she saw a capybara (http://www.solutions-site.org/exhibits/images/capibara_5.jpg). The problem is that she lived in Catford, SE london. You don't get many exotic rodents in SE london. Rats, yes.

DocDutch
13-03-2007, 15:33
Hal, and you didnt catch it to have a nice meal ;) Roast pheasant is lovely :D

when living in London a couple of years back saw a badger running around in Belsize Park.

Hugh
13-03-2007, 17:17
Just finished the third of three telephone interviews (Thursday, Friday, and today) for a contract Project Manager's position with the Wealth Management arm of a well-known bank. :hyper:

I must have been reasonably adequate, because I have been told that I have a face-to-face interview :blah: with the big boss tomorrow in the City, at 12:15 (doesn't leave me much time to prepare, but what the hey!). :Yes:

Here's hoping.....

Maggy
13-03-2007, 17:21

I wonder where it escaped from? :erm:

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Just finished the third of three telephone interviews (Thursday, Friday, and today) for a contract Project Manager's position with the Wealth Management arm of a well-known bank. :hyper:

I must have been reasonably adequate, because I have been told that I have a face-to-face interview :blah: with the big boss tomorrow in the City, at 12:15 (doesn't leave me much time to prepare, but what the hey!). :Yes:

Here's hoping.....

Good Luck!!!

TheDaddy
13-03-2007, 17:37
Good Luck!!!

Ditto :tu:

Halcyon
13-03-2007, 17:39
Hope it goes well for you. Good luck :tu:

ikthius
13-03-2007, 18:09
good luck to all that are job hunting

ik

homealone
13-03-2007, 18:35

Here's hoping.....

Best wishes - hopefully you won't need luck :tu:

dilli-theclaw
13-03-2007, 19:38
I am happy today :) - I'm about to sit and listen to some tunes while I seyup windows on my pc :tu:

Peter was way above average in his school work - Claire is ok.

MMMmmm yup today things are ok.

Ahhh and I've just had a really big nice hand rolled cuban cigar that I got for christmas.....

If I was any more laid back now I think I'd pass out.

PEACE :Peaceman:

dilli-theclaw
14-03-2007, 10:53
Ubuntu running from my usb flash drive - OOOhhh yeah :)

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/01/25/usb-x-ubuntu-610

Alien
14-03-2007, 14:15
:rofl: I thought I was bad - I was in bristol once by some water and I saw something move... 'omg! there are birds in the water!' :blush:
Oh, come on, it's not like Luton's entirely devoid of wildlife. Ok, so it has plenty, but I'm referring to the non-human variety. :p: There used to be plenty of ducks/geese/whatever [hey, it's been a few years since I lived in Luton, 21 actually] in that park next to the A6 (http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=51.89304,-0.418575&spn=0.00249,0.010815&t=h&om=1), near Bath Road swimming pool [at least, there used be a pool there, again, long time since I was there].

Mr_love_monkey
14-03-2007, 16:23
looks like I'm going to get a six month renewal on my contract

Marge
14-03-2007, 16:40
The jobcentre people have been very nice and helpful today and managed to sort me out with my travelling expenses for my interview tomorrow :)

Just need to get the job now :erm:

lauzjp
14-03-2007, 16:43
Oh, come on, it's not like Luton's entirely devoid of wildlife. Ok, so it has plenty, but I'm referring to the non-human variety. :p: There used to be plenty of ducks/geese/whatever [hey, it's been a few years since I lived in Luton, 21 actually] in that park next to the A6 (http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=51.89304,-0.418575&spn=0.00249,0.010815&t=h&om=1), near Bath Road swimming pool [at least, there used be a pool there, again, long time since I was there].

hmm, I haven't been there (Wardown Park btw ;)) since carnival a couple of years ago - but there may have been a couple of white birds around... :rolleyes: dunno what they were doing there! there's not much wildlife, and I just heard on the news that locals in 'mid-beds' (i.e. the countryside around all the towns like Luton and Bedford) are opposing the building of a new Centre Parcs! :Yikes: noooooo! that would be so ace! :confused: Bath Road pool is still open, amazingly. They are still talking about where to put a new pool. I bet that was being discussed when you were here last!? ps. do you recall anything of Clophill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clophill_Church), and in particular St Marys old church (http://bonowannabe.ghostlygateway.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=419.msg6290)? I've been reading up on it...

Maggy
14-03-2007, 18:59
well I have a couple of unexpected days off..nice to have the break.:)

Jules
14-03-2007, 20:19
Any one heard how Foreverwar got on?

Hugh
14-03-2007, 20:38
Just got back from Laaaandan.......

:woot:

Wooo hoooooo!:dmonk:

Six month contract, with potential for another six months after that. :hyper:

Start on Friday (in Glasgow City Centre, and probably 4-5 days a week up there after that, but I'll be home week-ends).

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!:cleader:

I would like to thank everyone on the CF:hugs: for the encouragement, the discussions, and the good humour (mostly) - it has kept me going the last couple of months.:group:

I will (much to people's relief, I guess) not be as active on the forums, but as I will be in hotels for four nights a week, I will probably find time to visit/comment/infuriate. :D

Thank you once again.:tu:

SnoopZ
14-03-2007, 20:49
Well done Foreverwar. :D

dilli-theclaw
14-03-2007, 20:50
That's great news :tu:

ikthius
14-03-2007, 21:19
congrats FW

ik

homealone
14-03-2007, 21:20
at least you speak the lingo ;) - nice one, good to hear & well done for keeping the sense of humour :)

Halcyon
14-03-2007, 21:57
That is great news Foreverwar. I hope you enjoy it there and wish you all the best :tu:

Maggy
14-03-2007, 22:37
:cleader::cleader::cleader::cleader:

Alien
15-03-2007, 03:22
hmm, I haven't been there (Wardown Park btw ;)) since carnival a couple of years ago
The last time I was there you'd have been about... 7 or 8. :)

but there may have been a couple of white birds around... :rolleyes: dunno what they were doing there!
I'd have been more surprised if you said that about Bury Park. :D

Bath Road pool is still open, amazingly. They are still talking about where to put a new pool. I bet that was being discussed when you were here last!?
:erm: Not sure. I do remember it wasn't exactly "state of the art" when I used to go there - had to go with the school, they used to hire out a big [green?] double-decker to get us there.

Personally I preferred the 1 on Putteridge Road. It was a bit more up-to-date, & tended to be a bit warmer too.

ps. do you recall anything of Clophill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clophill_Church), and in particular St Marys old church (http://bonowannabe.ghostlygateway.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=419.msg6290)? I've been reading up on it...
I vaguely remember hearing something about it, but that was probably after I left Luton [when I heard about it I mean].

lauzjp
15-03-2007, 03:54
it's weird, people who live in Clophill tend to deny that there is anything weird about the place... I like it, it's a bit spooky, but then aren't most churches / graveyards? I shall continue trying to read up on it.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/03/11.gif

speaking of swimming - I can't wait to go again, wish there was somewhere more appealing in Luton! I always had a fear of the deep end at Bath Road.

Though I feel quite calm in the lagoon (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=hurghada&sll=53.098145,-2.443696&sspn=12.285107,29.619141&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=18&ll=27.209483,33.846774&spn=0.002218,0.005375&t=h&om=1) http://www.sunrisehotels-egypt.com/images/thumb/RH16.jpg at the hotel we go to in Hurghada

- until I realise how deep in the water I actually am!? https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/03/12.gif

anyways, my happy thought of the day is.. only 8 weeks til holiday! :D

Alien
15-03-2007, 04:24
I can't wait to go again, wish there was somewhere more appealing in Luton!
Putteridge Road? I think it's called the Putteridge Centre, at least it was the last time I went, but that's not saying much considering the time-frame. At least the building still looks similarly shaped (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=putteridge+road+luton&sll=51.89304,-0.420763&sspn=0.00249,0.010815&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=18&ll=51.905374,-0.381973&spn=0.001244,0.005407&t=h&om=1) to what I remember.

I always had a fear of the deep end at Bath Road.
I must admit I did prefer the shallow end [actually I preferred to sneak into the kids pool next door if the teachers weren't looking, as it was warmer :)], but the thing that really put me off was the diving board. I've never been a fan of heights - took 1 look at the top board & said "sod that!". :Yikes: I remember I used the bouncy 1 once, though only when it was mounted at the side of the pool [as opposed to on the lowest fixed board, which I do recall seeing it mounted on at least once].

Hurghada
I hear there's a cream you can get for that these days. :p:

Russ
15-03-2007, 10:18
Finding out that after chainsawing my way through mountains of red tape and hours of being kept on hold, the Inland Revenue have finally agreed to restart my claim for Working Tax Credits after they cancelled them back in Jabuary after they messed up my paperwork :tu:

Bex
15-03-2007, 11:15
my happy thought for today is: the sun is shining, everything seems more manageable when the sun is shining! I am seeing a flat tonight, and have heard from friends it is lovely! so I will be deserting lufty (daddy) and branching out on my own!
My new motto is to find at least one positive thing in each day, no matter how bad the day has been

TheDaddy
15-03-2007, 14:57
That is great news Foreverwar. I hope you enjoy it there and wish you all the best :tu:

Marge
15-03-2007, 15:40
To keep the job theme going I've had my first interview today which seemed to go quite well. Got another one next Wednesday and got an email today to say that I've been offered another interview in a couple of weeks so I'm just hoping something comes of one of them !!!

Well done Foreverwar, I hope some of your good luck rubs off over here :D

ikthius
15-03-2007, 15:45
To keep the job theme going I've had my first interview today which seemed to go quite well. Got another one next Wednesday and got an email today to say that I've been offered another interview in a couple of weeks so I'm just hoping something comes of one of them !!!

Well done Foreverwar, I hope some of your good luck rubs off over here :D

good luck to you too Debbie

ik

Hom3r
16-03-2007, 14:56
My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer in November, she had surgery a week later. now after 3 1/2 weeks of has finished her last radiotherapy session at addenbrooks,

dilli-theclaw
16-03-2007, 15:18
I'm glad her treatment is over and hope she's well on the way to recovery :tu:

ikthius
16-03-2007, 15:28
My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer in November, she had surgery a week later. now after 3 1/2 weeks of has finished her last radiotherapy session at addenbrooks,

good luck to her

ik

Halcyon
16-03-2007, 15:47
That is great :tu:
I hope she has a relaxing weekend. Good luck.

Hom3r
16-03-2007, 15:50
Thanks guys.

lauzjp
16-03-2007, 15:53
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/03/10.gif found this and it made me chuckle, thinking of all at cf. ;)

Jules
16-03-2007, 16:03
Congratulations Foreverwar I hope it all goes really well for you :tu: (even if you never did get me my oranges lol)

I hope her health goes from strength to strength :)

My happy thought for the day is that it is a year today since I passed my driving test :)

Hom3r
16-03-2007, 16:08
My happy thought for the day is that it is a year today since I passed my driving test :)

I passed mine 19 years ago on the 18th April

Jules
16-03-2007, 16:09
Long story but yep passed last year :)

TheDaddy
16-03-2007, 16:36
Long story but yep passed last year :)

Doesn't involve a lot of women driver cliches does it? ;), great news for you and yours as well David :tu:

Jules
16-03-2007, 21:53
Lol no not at all, involves a psychotic ex though ;)

There's another happy thought, no contact with the afore mentioned ex :D

Halcyon
17-03-2007, 14:02
The sun is shining....Yay ! :Sun:

Graham M
19-03-2007, 08:20
I started the Gym and trying to eat more healthily a week ago tomorrow and so far I have lost 7lb!!! :D:D:D:D Oh and it looks like it's gonna be a lovely day :D:D:D:D

Halcyon
19-03-2007, 10:12
Yep, no snow today it seems. Nice cunshine :)

That is great that you are going to the gym... :tu:

Derek
19-03-2007, 11:32
After getting my bits frozen off at the football yesterday I went to a comedy/magic night with Jerry Sadowitz as part of the Glasgow comedy festival.

In between the jokes, normal astounding tricks and abuse he performed the most amazing trick I've ever seen and I've absolutely no idea how he managed it.

He got someone to count cards off a deck and hold 6 in their hands and tightly close the hands around the cards. He then tapped their hands and got them to count out the cards again and this time they had 8.

Absolutely amazing and a top night. It more than made up for freezing half to death.

Maggy
19-03-2007, 16:30
My daughter has been offered without interview a place at both UEA and Goldsmiths to continue working for her MA...

Fingers crossed she gets the financing required.:tu:

I could have sworn we had a fingers crossed smiley....:scratch:

Halcyon
19-03-2007, 16:46
I hpe it works out for her Incog.
Good luck :tu:

Fingy
20-03-2007, 09:01
I am getting all new internal and external doors fitted today/tomorrow. :D

ikthius
20-03-2007, 10:26
I am getting all new internal and external doors fitted today/tomorrow. :D
in time for the cold weather

ik

Fingy
20-03-2007, 12:10
It's always cold here... ;)

Maggy
20-03-2007, 16:31
Hubby has discovered VOD...maybe he'll stop moaning about sky 1 and the rest...happily watching Life on Mars.:)

Mr_love_monkey
21-03-2007, 22:24
minidisc player separate went for 44.50 on ebay (over half what I paid for it about 6 years ago)...

Went to get a takeaway from the local Indian - and the but there now remembers me, and gave me a free beer!

Been a lousy day really - and the free beer was the highest point of it - though having said that free beer would be the highest point on most days

Nugget
21-03-2007, 22:31
Been a lousy day really - and the free beer was the highest point of it - though having said that free beer would be the highest point on most days

Most? Any, surely?

:D

Mr_love_monkey
21-03-2007, 22:37
Most? Any, surely?

:D
Well, the only 2 things that could be higher are my wedding day, and the birth of my son (and I'm only mentioning the wedding just incase Mrs monkey comes on here and has a look :) )

Nugget
21-03-2007, 23:25
Well, the only 2 things that could be higher are my wedding day, and the birth of my son (and I'm only mentioning the wedding just incase Mrs monkey comes on here and has a look :) )

Ah well, we aren't married yet, so I've only got Baby Nug to compare - still, free beer's ace :)

homealone
21-03-2007, 23:32

just don't be ashamed to cry ;)

Tezcatlipoca
23-03-2007, 00:39
Had my appraisal today at work.

As of Monday, I shall be Acting Team Leader/Supervisor.

However, as TPTB couldn't decide between me & another workmate, it's only for three months, & then he'll have it for three months. Then [cue Star Trek Fight Music], depending on how well we both performed, the proper non-acting job will go to either one, both*, or neither of us [* they may split the team in two]

Maggy
23-03-2007, 01:08
Had my appraisal today at work.

As of Monday, I shall be Acting Team Leader/Supervisor.

However, as TPTB couldn't decide between me & another workmate, it's only for three months, & then he'll have it for three months. Then [cue Star Trek Fight Music], depending on how well we both performed, the proper non-acting job will go to either one, both*, or neither of us [* they may split the team in two]

Well what a decisive bunch you work for...Hope they do actually know what they are looking for, because they stand a chance of pishing you both off if they aren't careful.:erm:

Tezcatlipoca
24-03-2007, 17:28
Well what a decisive bunch you work for...Hope they do actually know what they are looking for, because they stand a chance of pishing you both off if they aren't careful.:erm:

They've already annoyed both of us, & the rest.

There was another guy in the running, but he got fed up & left last week.

The whole "Team Leader" thing has been ongoing for a year now...a phantom carrot dangled in front of us...

Was going to be sorted when we moved buildings in October, then after we hired more staff in November, then in the new year, & now it's delayed even further.

homealone
24-03-2007, 17:41
They've already annoyed both of us, & the rest.

There was another guy in the running, but he got fed up & left last week.

The whole "Team Leader" thing has been ongoing for a year now...a phantom carrot dangled in front of us...

Was going to be sorted when we moved buildings in October, then after we hired more staff in November, then in the new year, & now it's delayed even further.

It is an opportunity to grasp & make the most of, imo, Tez - if for no other reason that it won't do you any harm when you update your CV. ;)

- congratulations :tu:

lauzjp
24-03-2007, 20:19
happiness came yesterday in the form of two bikes that I won on ebay, so fingers crossed we might get as far as Stockwood Park (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Whipperley+Ring&sll=53.098145,-2.443696&sspn=12.285107,29.619141&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=51.870397,-0.432758&spn=0.012321,0.043001&t=h&om=1) on a little ride tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Maggy
24-03-2007, 20:26
Thank goodness..I thought I was drunk as I got two identical emails...

But I'm not seeing double after all.

Soon remedy that.:D

Halcyon
27-03-2007, 12:15
Only two more days until I leave for South of France :)
I sooo need this holiday.

:Sun:

SnoopZ
27-03-2007, 18:02
I've had the nasty dent removed from my car door for £75 from Dent Devils (http://www.dentdevils.co.uk/dentremoval.htm) and i recommend them to anyone as they came to my work and in 20 minutes it was gone as if just like magic with no filling or painting . :)

Jules
27-03-2007, 20:47
Great news, having said that you could have always posed in front of the dent and saved £75 :D

Marge
27-03-2007, 20:52
Yay, been offered both the jobs I went for :hyper:

Druchii
27-03-2007, 20:57
Well done! :D

dilli-theclaw
Congratulations :tu:

....and well done :)

cimt
Happy thought? I break up from college on Thursday. Then I gotta look for a job so it has a downside to my thought.

Jules
27-03-2007, 21:00

That is great news :tu:

SnoopZ
27-03-2007, 21:08
Great news, having said that you could have always posed in front of the dent and saved £75 :D

Me pose? i'd get arrested for something! :D

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Now that is great news. :)

Jules
27-03-2007, 21:09
Only if you was in a G string at the side of a busy road....................now there IS a happy thought :D

SnoopZ
27-03-2007, 21:14
Only if you was in a G string at the side of a busy road....................now there IS a happy thought :D

Only if you pick me up in your car....... to save my blushes! :D

Jules
27-03-2007, 21:16
Only if you sit on a towel.......................and now I am backing away from the thread before I get in to trouble :PP:

SnoopZ
27-03-2007, 21:18
Only if you sit on a towel.......................and now I am backing away from the thread before I get in to trouble :PP:

You're already in trouble as that's not what you said last time! ;)

Alien
28-03-2007, 16:40
Was just on the phone to VM to pay my bill, & asked if there were any V+ offers on at the moment, but apparently there aren't. Then I remembered something a friend had told me, about the possibility of getting some sort of discount because I have STB, phone, & internet with them. I mentioned this to the guy, & at first he said he could do that, but it would mean dropping to the lowest broadband speed. Then he found some other info that said he could give me a discount of £10.50/month without me having to lose or reduce anything, which means I can have a V+ and be paying 50p/month less than what I am now. They're coming to install it on the 12th April. :D

Halcyon
28-03-2007, 17:00

Congratulations Debbie!

:cleader:

ikthius
28-03-2007, 17:08
congrats debbie

ik

Alien
29-03-2007, 01:39
My surround amp - it's alive! http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alien42/smilies/frankenstein2.gif
Left it to dry out for about 28 hours, & it works OK again. :D

Stuart
29-03-2007, 11:30

Well done!

Graham M
29-03-2007, 11:35
Well done Debbie :D

Payday today :D

joglynne
30-03-2007, 08:15
After 6 weeks I've at last got everything working on my V+ and Samsung. ...I know....Small things please small minds.
Jo

sssshhhh
30-03-2007, 13:40
It's Friday - which means
I got paid today
I'm going out tonight
I get a lie-in, in the morning
I get another lie-in on sunday
And I'm only in work for 3 days next week and then I have 6 whole days off - yay!!!!

SnoopZ
30-03-2007, 19:29
1) Got paid today.
2) Visiting parents in Wales this weekend.
3) I've got the next 10 days off work! :D

Hugh
30-03-2007, 20:01

Debbie, well done!

(better late than never....... don't get much chance to access the intraweeb whilst I am away through the week in Glasgow).

Really, really pleased for you. :tu:

TheDaddy
30-03-2007, 20:37
Debbie, well done!

Maggy
31-03-2007, 13:30
I too am pleased for 'Marge'..:) Very Well done.

I have found myself alone in the house for a few hours..a rare novelty..Now what shall I do?

A lovely foamy bubble bath?Put on some loud music and play it really,really loud whilst getting my arthritic joints to try and keep up to speed?Read a book?Get the chocolate out and find a really girlie movie on VOD?

Decisions,decisions! Might as well get the washing up out of the way and get some washing in the machine first....then there's the dusting,hoovering,ironing and unpacking the shopping...

You can bet your last quid that if I sit down I'll be snoring my head off in no time though.;)

cimt
31-03-2007, 13:35
2 weeks off college for me with no job at all. :D Tis time for some sleep ins...

Tezcatlipoca
03-04-2007, 23:04
The Lucy Pinder photoset in this week's "Nuts".

At last!

homealone
07-04-2007, 20:18
Dunno whether this should be altogether a 'happy thought', but I had the first 'proper' go in our new car, today - unfortunately it was to take Mrs Gaz to Manchester airport for an Easter break in Portugal. So I'm 'homealone' for a week....

However, focusing on the 'happy' side, Its a Honda Civic 1.8 Vtec & drives extremely well - I chose the A616 route to Manc, 'cos of the mix of motorway & twisty bits & I was very impressed. :cool:

Fingy
07-04-2007, 23:07
Cool sounds good... well not the being home alone part, but I am sure you will survive.

lauzjp
08-04-2007, 20:12
I freecycled two cameras (that got 'taken' within ten minutes of being posted!) and made a coupla kids happy. :angel:

Jules
08-04-2007, 20:20
Loved one is on his way home, he went down south yesterday to see his family, I know it has only been over night but I have missed him :disturbd:

homealone
08-04-2007, 20:26
Cool sounds good... well not the being home alone part, but I am sure you will survive.

Thanks, I've had to put up with a lay-in, watching the Grand Prix, a gorgeous piece of fillet steak & just starting on an adequate quantity of red wine. It has been very difficult, as I'm sure you can imagine ;) :angel:

Jules
08-04-2007, 20:28
Poor Gary I don't know how you are managing :(

:PP:

homealone
08-04-2007, 21:00
Poor Gary I don't know how you are managing :(

:PP:

so far the only problem has been that I ate tomorrows tea late last night :erm: :D

Hugh
08-04-2007, 21:46
so far the only problem has been that I ate tomorrows tea late last night :erm: :D

Easy - eat last night's tea tomorrow...... ;)

homealone
08-04-2007, 21:49
Easy - eat last night's tea tomorrow...... ;)

of course - why didn't I think of that? :dozey: :rolleyes: :D

oops forgot that I eat yesterdays tea, already ;)

NEONKNIGHT
08-04-2007, 21:55
We've decided to get another cat, which we'll get this week from a rescue agency.

Jules
08-04-2007, 21:57
Really glad to hear it Neon, don't forget to post some pics when you get one :tu:

homealone
08-04-2007, 22:00
We've decided to get another cat, which we'll get this week from a rescue agency.

nice one :tu:

NEONKNIGHT
08-04-2007, 22:05
Really glad to hear it Neon, don't forget to post some pics when you get one :tu:

You can see her here:- http://www.catchat.org/elles/cgibin/prview.cgi?id=2007032301

:angel:

lauzjp
08-04-2007, 23:28
You can see her here:- http://www.catchat.org/elles/cgibin/prview.cgi?id=2007032301

:D oh! what a beautiful pusscat! and black too! :tu: I'm sure she'll love her new home. what a star you are Neon, wish I could take in a(nother) cat but the neighbours' is enough right now :)

joglynne
09-04-2007, 08:28
Glad to hear about your new friend. I hope Hettie realises how lucky she is. We adopted Pugh and his brother Jet from the Cats Protection League when they were 10. Jet sadly died 2 years ago but Pugh, now 16, is still a lively member of the family.

handyman
09-04-2007, 11:42
Might as well upload a quick picture of puddles who jumped on Claire yesterday and 'melted' across her.

Fingy
09-04-2007, 12:08
Very cute. My kitten refuses to sit still long enough to have its picture taken, hes currently practicing tree climbing in my garden.

lauzjp
09-04-2007, 13:34
agh trees! the cat that presently resides with us likes climbing, then howling like she's stuck. but really she's just going 'look at me!' - I learnt the hard way - she WILL come down on her own when she feels like it... git! all cats are sooo cute though. :D

Alien
09-04-2007, 16:39
agh trees! the cat that presently resides with us likes climbing, then howling like she's stuck. but really she's just going 'look at me!' - I learnt the hard way - she WILL come down on her own when she feels like it... git! all cats are sooo cute though. :D
Tie a ring of water-filled balloons around the tree, so she can't get up there without bursting 1. :D

Jules
09-04-2007, 17:21

She is beautiful I hope you have a lot of happy years with her :tu:

Halcyon
09-04-2007, 18:42
Had a great sunny day on a short 8 mile walk in the countryaside today with a picnic. It's great to get outdoors. :tu:

Maggy
10-04-2007, 13:32
I'm back from Wales...and it was the sunniest Easter I've ever seen in Wales.It didn't rain once...Wonderful

Glad to be home though.

I've already kissed my STB and my PC hello.

So the rest of you get one as well. :kiss:

joglynne
11-04-2007, 08:18
Went to see Riverdance last night it was brilliant. Cheered me up no end, I would highly recommend it to everyone Pity getting there was a pain but that's another thread.

Halcyon
11-04-2007, 11:29
Glad you had a great time in Wales Incog. :tu:
Good weather always helps. :Sun:

joglynne
12-04-2007, 09:25
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/04/14.gifBlackbirds have come back to nest in the ivy next to our sitting room French doors. This is the 3rd year and apart from telling us off occasionally they are quite happy for us to have the doors open and carry on using the patio.

Alien
12-04-2007, 16:06
Got my lovely new black V+ box. :D

Download Failed (1) <does the "no more Pace STB" dance> Download Failed (1)

Druchii
12-04-2007, 16:09
I guess my post is more of a "i was happy between the dates of x and y".

BUT... Spent another 2 weeks with the girlfriend from overseas and everything is still perfect and i am as in love as i've ever been! :D :D :D :D

TheDaddy
12-04-2007, 16:13

BUT... Spent another 2 weeks with the girlfriend from overseas and everything is still perfect and i am as in love as i've ever been! :D :D :D :D

Kudos to you then, hope it all goes well :)

joglynne
12-04-2007, 18:15

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttps://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/04/13.gif

Halcyon
12-04-2007, 19:02
Glad things are working out well for you Druchi. :tu:

homealone
14-04-2007, 22:58
I set off to collect Mrs Gaz from Birmingham airport at 11.30 - and we were back by 16.00 - helped by the plane landing early, so she was at the pick up point, rather than messing with car parks....

Lovely day for a drive, gorse & hawthorn trees flowering, for example - I can now cast a clout 'cos the may is out ;)

Stuart
14-04-2007, 23:06
Saw an old school friend on the train the other day. Apparently, she has moved into a house just a couple of streets away from me. :D Hopefully will see her more.

Alien
16-04-2007, 01:27
Finished watching stuff I'd recorded on tape, so now I can just use my lovely V+. No more crappy VHS! [compared to V+ recording quality anyway] Download Failed (1)

Graham M
16-04-2007, 07:41
I've Nearly lost a stone :)

Alien
16-04-2007, 14:57
I've Nearly lost a stone :)
Nice. I've only managed half that, but at least I haven't put it back on [yet].

Xaccers
16-04-2007, 15:34
Had a great time hanging out in the woods with a bunch of young men and teenage boys spraying white stuff at each other.
Also tightened the clamp on my exhaust's back box so no more whistling as I go down the motorway :)
Great weekend.

Alien
16-04-2007, 15:50
Had a great time hanging out in the woods with a bunch of young men and teenage boys spraying white stuff at each other.
:erm: You sure you don't want to rephrase that? :p:

Jules
16-04-2007, 16:04
Nah he should leave it lol

Happy thought for the day............Got my exhaust sorted :)

joglynne
16-04-2007, 16:06
Now Alien, you know he meant paint....Didn't he?:D :D

TheDaddy
16-04-2007, 16:11

Either that or we are in that paedophile thread :erm: :disturbd: :D

Xaccers
16-04-2007, 16:34

I most certainly didn't mean paintball! Blurgh lycra wearing plumbers the lot of them.
Thankfully there were none on site so my GF and I did the catering, lovely aromat frosted burgers for everyone.
Ok, now I've made myself hungry.
Was a great day :)

Alien
16-04-2007, 17:05
I hoped that was what he meant, which is why I suggested he rephrase it. :D

I most certainly didn't mean paintball! Blurgh lycra wearing plumbers the lot of them.
:LOL: When I read that I had this image of you leaping out from behind a tree to surprise an opponent, with a cry of "It's-a me!" :D

Jules
16-04-2007, 17:07
:rofl: I nearly choked when I read that!!!

Xaccers
16-04-2007, 17:29
:LOL: When I read that I had this image of you leaping out from behind a tree to surprise an opponent, with a cry of "It's-a me!" :D

Ooo you're giving me ideas!

http://www.finmereairsoft.co.uk/skirmish/070401/images/IMG_1458.jpg

joglynne
16-04-2007, 20:28
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/04/10.gif

If you go down to the woods to day you'd better go in disguise.

I'm not quite sure that the teddy bears will have been expecting you to bring your spud gun with you Xaccers:D

Alien
17-04-2007, 00:58
If you go down to the woods to day you'd better go in disguise.

I'm not quite sure that the teddy bears will have been expecting you to bring your spud gun with you Xaccers:D
That's not all that they weren't expecting.
Download Failed (1)