PDA

View Full Version : New VM PC Guard Problems

Murnaghan
17-02-2007, 22:46
I have used the old NTL NetGuard software for sometime, but today was getting a new error message about conflicting software.

I spoke to tech support who suggested I upgraded to the 'new' PC guard version on the new Virgin Media Website.

This has been a real problem - firstly the conflicting software message is still there, but worse now my email is blocked from receiving mail and when you launch IE7 PC guard block the connection until you refresh the browser fro a second time...

Has anyone else tried the new PC Guard or seen any of the type of problems I am getting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian.

fireman328
17-02-2007, 23:44
I am also having problems with PC Guard, PC is very slow to boot up, sometimes it hangs on boot and sometimes crashes the system completely. I never had these problems with Netguard. I have tried rolling back but it wont.

pachelbel
18-02-2007, 13:09
I have downloaded PC Guard to try it out and have no problems. It works like a dream at the moment.

Murnaghan
18-02-2007, 14:43
Just to let you know I spent a couple of hours with Tech Support this morning trying to resolve conflict problems with PC Guard with no success.

I would really have liked to get it working because in principle it looked good, but to no avail - we couldn't detect the conflicts causing it to block actions so I have had to uninstall and return to Nortons again on an annual subscription...

All very dissappointing.