PDA

View Full Version : Dead Phone Line

shnookumshnum
15-02-2007, 20:01
Came home from work phone line dead, called faults spoke to an Indian call centre, the bloke just could not be understood beneath his thick Indian accent, No empathy in his voice at all, I couldnt understand him hardly, the whole call lasted 20 minutes (to book an appointment??). The guy must have said "give me a moment" about 20 times. (are they trained like this, or it it an Indian thing?)

Well done VIRGIN Media for providing first class customer service, you clearly care more about money than your customers.

Rant over, had to get it out, sorry. ;)

Rhyming Obituary
16-02-2007, 10:55
It's not disputable that there can be a language barrier with india when it comes to fault calls. Especially for something as straightforward as booking a technician.

From the way you describe the call though, it sounds as though the guy was pretty new. Bad experience yes, but they can't all be top notch straight out of the box.

Rapid Dr3am
16-02-2007, 10:59
NDT is a 3 minute fault call. Hang up and redial, India are awfull.

shnookumshnum
20-02-2007, 15:33
OK Phone line got fixed looks like the Indian bloke did his job correctly. Morale of the story, Indian call centres can do the job, just dont expect good communication. Does communication come before money in Virgin's eyes? I dont think so!

pgtips
21-02-2007, 17:34
I've had a dead phone (in E11) since about Monday last week. Had an engineer booked to come this evening, then got a call at 17:00 yesterday asking if they could pull it forward to last night. Rushed home, waited til past 20:00 and no show. Called India who said that the engineer had closed the call as he had fixed the problem at the exchange - though my phone still isn't working and he obviously hasn't called to check/or turn up like he was supposed to. After polite ranting, now have an engineer booked to come Saturday morning - we'll see.

This is the second time I've had a problem with my phone line and the second time the engineer didn't show.

Plus ca change, plus ca meme.

NTLVictim
23-02-2007, 21:00
Shouldn't that be "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose" ?

cazmcfc
01-03-2007, 12:51
My phone line was dead for about 4 months last year. I rang the number (from my mobile) that was on the website and was put in a queue that was never answered. Tried the number a few times then rang the number for the broadband people as I was having problems with that too. Eventually I was given a number that was answered and I immediately complained about the length of time of calls and number of calls I'd had to make (all from my mobile and not free).

The guy I spoke to was very helpful (not) and suggested I should have rung 151 from my landline.....bit of a difficult thing to do when your landline isn't working!! Being patronised by some idiot isn't my idea of good customer service.

I hate dealing with NTL/Telewest/Virgin. They have no concept of "customer care. I only got my landline fixed when I threatened to cancel all three services I have with them and then they messed up the call sheet the engineer was given.

That's my rant over with now.........sorry

shnookumshnum
01-03-2007, 14:46
We should call this the "place your rant here" thread lol :)