PDA

View Full Version : car radios

patkit
15-02-2007, 18:25
hi.i am fitting a new radio/cd player into a corsa.i need to swap the orange and red bullet connectors but i am unable to remove them from the ISO connection.has anybody got any easy tips.

Tricky
15-02-2007, 20:52
I know BMW ones have a tiny hole in the ISO block that you can push a pin (on the connector) using a small wire bar (Jewellers Screw Driver) - Do you have anything like

Graham M
15-02-2007, 22:28
A simple solution would be to buy a pack of crimped bullet connectors from somewhere like Halfords or Maplins and cut the 2 wires and place 2 Male and 2 Female bullet connectors on the appropriate ends and swap the colours over. Job done

Marge
15-02-2007, 22:42
I have moved this thread as it was posted in the wrong section - thanks

kryogenik
16-02-2007, 03:10
hi.i am fitting a new radio/cd player into a corsa.i need to swap the orange and red bullet connectors but i am unable to remove them from the ISO connection.has anybody got any easy tips.

They are spade connectors.
As Tricky says, some ISO blocks have a small hole you can get a jewellers screwdriver or similar in. If there's no hole, try sliding the driver down the hole from the open end. This is what I usually have to do (and my last few cars have been Vauxhalls). There is room to do it.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/02/22.jpg

Not a great pic but you can see what I mean. Don't forget, before you put each terminal back in, to tease the little tag back up to stop them coming out again.