PDA

View Full Version : NotW Order, Help!

Mechanicus
14-02-2007, 18:46
Hello.

One day my mum ended up buying a News of the World, because they were out of Daily Mirrors. In it was one of those magazine-type things with offers, which had a nice coffee table in it. Mum had been looking for one for a while, and this one fitted the bill nicely (it wasn't too expensive, £53, and had storage in it).

We sent of a cheque, and waited. And waited. that was over a month now. They have taken the money out of her account, but no sign of the table.

The problem is, we have no way of tracking them down to see what is happening. The only proof we have that it was NotW is the cheque stub. The stub is dated 05/01/2007, and the money was taken out on the 25/01/2007.

I am hoping someone can come up with a suggestion of what we can do to find out what is going on.

DABhand
14-02-2007, 19:00
Mail Order items take time.

And there has to be a contact address or number. You will probably find that most items like tables will take a nice 30 days usually.

If you still havent heard by then, Trading Standards is your port of call.

Mechanicus
14-02-2007, 19:08
As I said, the stub is dated 05/01. Today is the 14/02. So it has been more than a month.
I also said that I have no contact details for them at all, other than the cheque stub which says "News of the World" on it.

I think Trading Standard is a big step to take for this, and I expect all they will say is to contact NotW.

Alanmelon
14-02-2007, 19:17
Do you not have the catalogue you ordered from? Most advertising in the Sun and NotW is regulated or monitored by a mail order regulator, I can't remember the name of this organisation but if anyone has a copy of the Sun, their logo is usually on the mail order ads.

Mechanicus
14-02-2007, 19:21
Do you not have the catalogue you ordered from? Most advertising in the Sun and NotW is regulated or monitored by a mail order regulator, I can't remember the name of this organisation but if anyone has a copy of the Sun, their logo is usually on the mail order ads.

No. Unfortunately, a certain braindead mother threw it away :(

Alanmelon
14-02-2007, 19:28
Found it, try contacting these guys

http://www.shops-uk.org.uk/

Mechanicus
14-02-2007, 19:35
That's great, thank you. I'll get in touch with them now!